Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In a Dilemma over breast augmentation

Lots of excellent (!) advice so far. But, it is not uncommon for emotions to trump logic. When I was considering it, I mentally walked through the little realities that are easy to ignore in the rush for "satisfaction".

For example: Do you have any existing medical conditions that might give your MD pause when considering surgery? If you are concerned about flying under the radar, who are you going to get to drive you home from the hospital, and nurse you through multiple dressing changes for the length of your rehabilitation? You are probably going to have to wear a therapeutic bra constantly for at least a few days, maybe longer.

I was considering having it done in Thailand. I have seen some excellent work done over there.

And, you can wander around for a few weeks recovering with very little chance of being seen by anyone you know. The cost of the trip AND surgery may very well be cheaper than the surgery alone in the States.

Obviously, COVID put the end to that fantasy for awhile.

There are a bunch of YouTube videos covering multiple experiences, pro and con. Spend some time watching other peoples experiences, and try to put yourself in their situations.

Good luck

Hello,

No advice here just comment. There are so many good replies and a few that stand out. Seems tits are less permanent than rats. Although they may be removable, there will still be trauma and expense. Less permanent than tats. Because I wanted to do things that I didn?t do while younger, I had gotten 4 new tats, this was while I had no idea or even some idea to try and be a CD. Now, I have to wear clothes that hide the areas of my tats if I want to dress and be fem, although many fem girls have tats, they are more neutral or fem designed not masculine type. Now I am sorry I got certain ones. So my point is, permanent is permanent while removing is easier. Another good idea I have heard on these threads and may come from same pers us if u try something new and exciting, you will not regret not trying. It may not be as u had expected or the way things should go, but at least you tried and can?t say I should have tried. You can regret something, but first you must try it. There are other excellent points but I won?t bog down with excessive length here. Good luck. Thanks Jess.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Simple answer, Philipa:

Trans who wish to live as women get implants.

CD's get silicone forms and breastplates!
    I'm w doc. A CD has more options and much better bang for the buck. We can change our minds about shape, size. internal tissue rejection is non issue. And what happens if the ba results don't meet your expectations? A surgeon gets one try to get it right while we can play at leisure. And it's nice to be able to take them off at end of day, especially the hot ones.

Hello Vicky.
    I have no medical issues to be concerned with. I am as fit as a Malley bull.
    I can get a cab home and anywhere else I need to go. When I had eyelid surgery recently my friend took me and picked me up but I stayed at home n my own with no issues.
    I would expect the same to happen with this operation.
    A friend from here and on this forum had a complete sex change and face surgery in Thailand at a reasonable cost but had to fly a friend out as she was in so much discomfort.
    I will go and look at YouTube as I hadn't thought of that.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Jess.
    Thank you for voicing some positives.
    I don't want to look back and think I wish I had done that.
    So it could be a mistake bit nothing ventured nothing gained.
    As for tats they can be lasered off. As the years go by many things that were not possible are now possible.

Philippa Jane

I don't believe anyone was trying to be negative, just cautious and making sure you have thought this out.

If you have considered living as a man with nice perky C cup boobs and have no issues, then go for it. As much as I would enjoy it once in a while, living with boobs 24/7 would be a hassle.

Personally unless you are considering transitioning I would have a tough time considering it.

Aspiring Member
    As much fun as i would would have playing with my perky c boobs, it would be a very bad idea. I spend half my summer shirtless on my boat with friends, family, My kids and their friends and family. I would probably look a little funny. And bc of my frame, i would probably need d or dd. if they sagged i would have to wear a bikini top and the world and i are not ready for that

No.

Unless you are planning on coming out and representing female full time.

It's not about whether you can hide them or not you're not going to want to.

I know very well about this subject, as I had the surgery you are considering, male breast augmentation. I've had it for a few years now, I am a solid C cup, and while I really like them it has not been all roses and unicorns. The thought of having them is great but practicality is hard you will have lots of explaining to everyone you meet, your shirts won't fit the same, most men's shirts won't fit right and are you willing to wear wear women's tops? Going to the ⛱️? Really I did a few times did not take my shirt off and went out of my way to be away from others. When I had mine done I did not go for counseling prior however I ended up going afterwards to help with anxiety issues. Looking back I would still have had them but I would have gone smaller, and had counseling prior to breast augmentation. It's a lot to consider and a life style change just consider.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hey there I had mine done a few years ago, definitely not going shirtless. When I go to my sister's pool or to the shore I'm wearing a swim top, and even now I feel a bit self conscious

Personally I love my 36Ds. I did not have augmentation but have been growing them naturally over the last couple (10) years. So there was no drastic change which I think made it easier on those around me. Can not see being a A cup one day and a D the next. That would be too stressful and hard to explain especially if you are not transitioning. Which I am not. So that is another option you could try. Takes some time but since you live alone you could probably accelerate the results.

HI Pumped.
    Like when I chose the word hiding to describe how I would need to dress in front of visiting relatives I am not adequately expressing myself.
    I think that your use of cautious rather than my use of negative is probably right.
    However many of the responders are living with family and are perhaps not in the position to have the surgery or are still working in a field where being out is not an option.
    May I ask why living with boobs for you would be a hassle or do you fall into the above description?
    As for transition I think it is a little late in life for me.

Hi Paulie.
    You fall into the category I have described above.
    It is not a case of playing with them as much as how they will make me look and feel in my fem form.

Hello Jean.
    Small steps on a long journey.
    The more that I think about the look the more I realise that disguise will not really be an option and I am getting more used to the idea of being more bold with friends.

Hello Albine.
    Thank you for giving me your insight.
    I have a C cup breast form on now and with the extra 2 inches of tissue there already I feel this is too much. When I see the surgeon this is something I will discuss and be guided on.
    As for explaining to others I have been amazed at how long my false nails are and not one single male has commented on them. The two females have just said about the shape and the shine.
    Now boobs could be different, but I don't intend to give out my reasons to anyone. At my age I intend to do as I please. That sounds a little pompous but that is not intended.

So far only one ad for a surgeon in Sydney has said they would need a letter from a therapist and a GP
    I have been looking at counselors in gender therapy in my area all weekend.
    It is funny that I never needed a letter lots of years ago to have liposuction or recently to have eyelid surgery yet the spectre of breast implants requires another's approval.

Hello Karren.
    Long time no speak
    Looking at HRT to help with developing boobs will take maybe a lot longer than I may have.
    Like the millennials of the present day I want it NOW. LOL
    With all the advice I have actually taken a lot onboard and to date I think this is the action I will take.
    First go to see the surgeon and see what he or she requires of me from other medical bodies. (therapist/GP)
    Get a quote on cost. The ads on Google suggest from $8000 but it could be more who knows.
    If I need medical affirmation then cross that bridge.

If you have got this far thank you for reading.

Philippa Jane

"HI Pumped.
    Like when I chose the word hiding to describe how I would need to dress in front of visiting relatives I am not adequately expressing myself.
    I think that your use of cautious rather than my use of negative is probably right.
    However many of the responders are living with family and are perhaps not in the position to have the surgery or are still working in a field where being out is not an option.
    May I ask why living with boobs for you would be a hassle or do you fall into the above description?
    As for transition I think it is a little late in life for me."

Well, I live with just my wife, but unless I was going to reveal all to my friends and family I just don't see how it would work. Half the time I would have may chest bound down to hide my breasts from others. No tight shirts, and summer is hot enough with out adding a layer of binding to my breasts and a larger shirt to hide them under. I just don't see a practical way of dealing with them on a daily basis and trying to hide them. Seems like a lot of hassle for the time spent to actually enjoy them.

Maybe you can work it out. I am just trying to make sure you have thought it over.

Hi there If you are set on getting them that is great! just want you to think it through. meet with the surgeon choose the size you want and get a good set of forms to wear from now till September wearing them everywhere you go, if no issues and you are still set on getting them by all means. I live alone, currently work from home thanks to Covid but prior when I had mine done I was working in an office setting. I don't bind or hide them, pretty open about it. Only time I hide them if going to a large event say wedding or possibly funeral where I don't want to draw any attention to myself. Can't really hide them more like minimize the look.

Hi Philipa Jane,

Have you figured out how your wardrobe will change?

I wear a lot of clothes cut for juniors, as I still look young enough to wear those clothes.
    It also helps that I'm tiny and have thin waistline. My breasts are just big enough to fill out junior's tops.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 03-28-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Hello Marion.
    You sound like my younger sister. Such a small frame and able to buy from the kids clothes section.
    My wardrobe at the moment tends towards stretchy fabrics (room to move and grow) but I will not buy anything for awhile after the surgery (if it happens)

Philippa Jane

Good for you to know what you want.

At times I am in the same boat, but I know I will never have any real fem breasts. But I can understand your question. Please keep us informed as how things are progressing or not progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    No.
    Unless you are planning on coming out and representing female full time.
    It's not about whether you can hide them or not you're not going to want to.
    Jean, I totally agree, although I would not say no, but I would say "Hell NO!"

No woman would go through the pain and expense of surgery while considering how to hide the results / improvements.
    People that go for cosmetic surgery all want to show off their results, not worry about trying to hide them!??

Hi Ronny0.
    Thank you for the comment. I am not sure if you read all of my additional replies but I did outline my poor choice of words. Lest not use "hide"anymore.Lets say Disguise
    This is purely for the visiting relatives and to spare them any discomfort to their feeling.
    The other key here is that I am not a woman and at the moment still keeping my fem side private.
    This will change when and if I get the surgery.
    And you would say"Hell NO"for what reason?

Philippa Jane

As a guy who has always had way too much breast mass for a male, having feminine breasts as a man is a mixed bag. Certainly a nightmare when in the company of men, like in locker rooms, and all the women I've been with made at least a bit of a comment (like, 'They're bigger than mine!). But as a crossdresser with transgender feelings they are, at times, a blessing, helping me feel more like a female when I'm dressed up; the feeling of wearing a bra, and the movement of my breasts as I walk and move around, enhances the self identifying as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would love to have breast augmentation done. My reality, though, is that's a pure dream. I make do with using enhancers in my bras. If my situation were to change, I would start with finding forms of a size I could be comfortable with on a daily basis and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I?d say some counseling is in order. IMO the fact that you?re thinking of ways to hide them means you shouldn?t get them. Besides the risks surgeries inherently involve, there are other health risks involved. Not worth it for private dress up time.
    And yes it?s important to know it?s a trans surgery because options and procedures will vary from bio women.
    I agree 100% on consulting a professional. But with respect, not necessarily the part about hiding them means you shouldn't. For those who cannot or don't want this part of their life to be "out there". Maybe they feel better about their own body with some breasts, but for professional or personal reason need them discrete the rest of the time. Personally, I wish mine were hydraulic. Out for me, in for work.

Thanks Kimmy.
    You and I are on the same wave length.
    Happy to have them for my own satisfaction and maybe getting ready to reveal another side of myself to others.

Philippa Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Philipa Jane View Post
    Hi Ronny0.
    Thank you for the comment. I am not sure if you read all of my additional replies but I did outline my poor choice of words. Lest not use "hide"anymore.Lets say Disguise

And you would say"Hell NO"for what reason?
    Sorry, but yes I did not read all of your responses, just commented on the original post.
    I would have assumed you would have edited the post if you felt the need for a change.
    As to why I said "Hell No" thought I said it already.
    IMO those that get cosmetic surgery want everyone to know and want to show off the results.
    That being said, IMO we have lived long enough that we have earned the rite to be who we are of maybe who we wish we were.
    Although some or maybe many that CD don't want to do it 24x7.
    All this being said, if you really have the desire and you have the money and are willing to suffer the pain, do it.
    Still if you do it IMO you should own up to it maybe to the point of flaunting the new you.

Have you got your ears pierced?

You need to do a lot of outings as a woman before you consider breast augmentation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Have you got your ears pierced?

You need to do a lot of outings as a woman before you consider breast augmentation.
    Hello Beverley.
    My ears have been pierced for many many years. Not too sure how that rally equates to my situation.
    As a private person I don't feel the need as yet to go out in public. Everything I do is for my feelings and benefit.
    I don't feel the need for approval from anyone for my life choices. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, perhaps an outing dressed to shop.

Philippa Jane

As the others have said, unless you're willing to be open and honest about it, I would consider the alternatives. However each person needs to make their own decision.