Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time Going Out

First Time Going Out

I know this thread has been posted before on here but I love reading everyones first time going out dressed. The good and bad maybe it will give me enough nerve to try it someday. I know you girls have some great stories. Please respond.

Aspiring Member
    Three of four years ago, with my wife being away for a couple of weeks I had plenty of time to dress (at home). However, this had to be the chance to try going out so dressed in a loose skirt, blouse. jumper and the usual undergarments went out in the car.

Left about 9.00pm, avoided putting in forms and wig until I had done a couple of miles and then drove around for about 90mins through a couple of local towns feeling very conspicuous but OK. It was a great ?rush?, but not yet repeated.

Go for it Crystal!

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Banned Read only
    I don?t remember my first time out but I can tell you it is wonderful to go out and be who you are in public. I so enjoy being my femme side when out and my partner enjoys it too.
    I used to worry about having mens clothes in the car just in case but I no longer do that, I am who I am and am proud of that. I will admit that it is exciting to know that whatever happens while out my femme side is in for the total adventure.
    I now take weekend excursions with only girly clothes which gives me no chance to back out once I leave for the trip.
    Girl do yourself a favor and go out that door tonight.

Platinum Member
    My desire to go out had been pent up for a long time and for the usual reason…fear of the unknown. Then, one summer day I remember I stepping briefly out my front door to move a sprinkler. I had finally reached the point where I unwilling to change back into male clothes for such a small, quick task. The world didn’t end. No mob assembled at my door.

That small step seemed to break the ice. Within days I had made my first shopping trip en femme, gotten a make over and a wig.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 03-26-2022 at 07:46 AM.

My first time was to a trans meeting and all went well.
    We all went out together for dinner at a steakhouse down the street.
    I had a great time but actually going out on my own was even better.
    Went shopping and bought some make up and assorted make up brushes.
    Last edited by TAG; 03-26-2022 at 10:36 AM.

I had done the dressing as a french maid for Halloween, but the first time to actually get fully dressed and go out in public was when my then wife and her best friend took me out for my 50th birthday. Her fiend bought me a button down the front dress and the wife bought me a new garter belt, stockings, panties, bra and heels. OMG what a rush as they helped me dress and apply my makeup. We had a nice dinner with drinks in downtown DC and then went bar hopping. By midnight they had unbuttoned enough buttons on my dress to show off my stocking tops and garter straps and lacey bra. What a rush that was.

Crystal,

I guess it started for me with evening drives, changing in the car. Initially just a drive, then stopping somewhere quiet and briefly getting out. That morphed into walking further away from the car to say a post box. Getting braver it became a walk alone quiet streets and my progress stalled there for a good while.

My first time at a support group was a big step forward. I can remember walking into the small hotel's lobby where they met and the sound of my heels on the marble floor. Meeting others was a major step up.

It was from one of those meeting I got the drive to finally go out fully, into the shops. Butterflies like eagles, nervous as hell, parked up outside, deep breath, moments pause to pull up big girl knickers, step out the car, coat on, bag over shoulder, remember to lock car, and head for the nearest shop. Within ten minutes nerves had calmed 90%, an hour later I was in my umpteenth shop and queuing to pay for a piece of jewellery.

The rest as they say is history
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Crystal,
    This was from. The only time I?ve been out;
    Well, my wife and I finally went out with me en femme. The first place I went to was a local hotel that also has a restaurant and bar. We got to the main hall and after one look in the bar I chickened out. So we drove to Pizzaria Uno a few towns over and I couldn't bring myself to go in as their bar looked jammed and I know it's small. Right next door was a Outback. Their parking lot looked near empty so we went in, got a table for two, and had a drink. My wife did all the talking and I did a lot of nodding with some small 'yes and no thank you' . I'm sure someone knew but no one made a fuss. Worst part of the night was I wore heels that were a tad large and made walking tough. Next time , I will know. I wore a multi color Daisy Fuentes with black patterned tights and black heels, and a butterfly necklace borrowed from the wife.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I planned to have my first outing during a Pride weekend three years ago. I picked the outfit in advance.

On the day of the outing, I left home in drab early in the morning and drove to my local University. There, I went into the disabled stall and changed into my outfit: A long stretchy skirt and a very nice top to match. This was before I had a lot of stuff, so I wore regular tennis shoes and since I did not yet have a wig, I settled for sunglasses and a baseball cap. It was early enough that no one else came in the bathroom when I was there.

I exited the bathroom and the University building quickly, got into my car and drove to the local gayborhood and went to sit in the park, which is fairly large and is a venue for public events. I found an empty bench, sat down and basically hung out en femme for a few hours watching other folks, soaking in the good vibes and feeling giddy with excitement.

Did everything work out perfectly? Not really - while I was sitting, a bunch of 20-somethings were meeting there for the weekend and were a little drunk. One of the kids ( the most drunk of the bunch) told me a couple of times to show what he called my "fat tits" and very nearly spilled a beer on me as a joke, I guess. Fortunately, his buddies reined him in.

My second issue during the outing is that I had folks take pictures on me using my Android phone and I later learned in horror that the pics were uploaded to a Google Plus account. Fortunately, the images were in a pending approval status and were never published, but that was enough for me to invest in a small point and shoot camera with no internet connectivity.

The last and worst outcome of the outing is that I was out in the sun for hours without sunblock, and at the end of the outing, I ended up with a massive sunburn shaped like my obviously feminine top. Besides the pain, the telltale tanline didn't go away for at least a week.

On that day, I left the park around noon, drove to a music store where I've shopped at least 10 years and enjoyed shopping enfemme for the fist time. Then I went to Goodwill and ended up buying a dress. These are places where I still shop, but now I can go 100% fem, from my wig to my cute shoes.

I went out dressed the following day, but it was obviously not as memorable.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I suggest a tg/cd friendly bar typically a gay type bar.

Go first in drab you will get the feel for the place which will make you more comfortable when you go as Crystal. Do not over dress I made that mistake the first time I went out I wore a dress like you would wear to a wedding reception, way over dressed, I never made that mistake again. I suggest jeans very few people wear a dress or a skirt to a bar.

You will more than likely be scared, very normal I still feel a little fear when I first walk in. Remember this, no one cares only you. Each time you go out the easier it gets you'll love it once you do it a few times. Its so much better and exciting being out of the house.

Very first was a car ride with clothes, no wig, nor make up! Then the question, Am I actually going in this direction? So, I decided on a transformation and make up lessons! First time out was in a large western NC city for a wig purchase! Jennifer, who gave me the transformation and lessons was along!
    OK, first time fully dressed with wig and some make up, to a MAC counter in the mall and alone! Changed from flats to heels! Walked thru parking lot to entrance! So far so good! Resisted temptation to go in Victoria Secrets! Checked with MAC counter and no, it is the one down in Macys! Took the escalator down! Passed a few people! I reached the MAC counter! I told the MUA I wanted a color match! She did a great job! I bought a few things! I walked to the stairs and climbed them! A man on the bench reading his paper, glanced up, did a double take and went back to his paper! I retuned to my car! I did it! I actually did it and alone!
    Take your choice as to which was a first!
    I am now a pre-op transwoman and out 24/7/365!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My first time out was at a Pride event when I lived in Kentucky. Lexington Pride in 2012! I was a hot mess!

I had stepped out on the deck behind the house and taken drives before, but the first time out of the vehicle is what counts for me. Last summer I planned out an excursion to see a monument a couple towns away. Admitted, I overdressed in a short black dress and patterned tights, but I wanted to feel feminine. Got lost once, but felt so free just letting it out and not being afraid of anyone seeing me (admitted from a distance), but was so emboldened I stopped and checked out another site on the way back. Kept saying "I did it!" all the way home. It took a few more outings before I felt confident enough to be seen closer, and was rewarded with an SA stopping me to tell me I look absolutely adorable. Still riding high from that.

There are probably so many firsts in all of our adventures, but the one I'll remember and treasure most was the first time I went out the front door, with keys in my hand, and drove away from home. It was when I was about 20 and though I had been dressing since 13 or so it was the first time I was going to leave the house while pretty.

I was wearing a warm pink two piece knit dress, blonde wig and heeled sandals, my best effort at makeup and had painted my toe and finger nails. I managed to back out of the driveway without accident, drove a few miles away and finally parked in a quiet neighborhood, got out and walked around. That was about 40 years ago and there is still a thrill to walking out the front door with keys, you really should give yourself the chance and enjoy it! I will say my last outing was to a local mall on a Sat afternoon, it was packed and I guarantee I do not pass but I was "mild" enough that no one seemed to notice or care, except for the SA I almost knocked over in the lingerie section when we met at a corner!

Picking through the racks of dresses or bras only 2-3 feet from the other shoppers and just being considered another shopper can be surreal but has has been stated here and elsewhere, no one really cares enough to even notice. If you dress to blend and make a good effort, almost everyone will see you as who you seem to be!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can't recall my first or last outing, Crystal. I'm too old and have had so many.

However, I DO recall the ones that blew my mind or scared the crap out of me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well I may not be able to remember the first time but I certainly can remember the last time as I just got back a few minutes ago.

Going out dressed for me is normal. Which then poses a question why was it ever such a big deal?

Although I have learned a lot along the way.

The first time i went out dressed (aside from Halloween parties) i went to Home Depot. I kept it simple, not wanting to draw any attention to myself. I wore skinny jeans, black tank top, padded bra with a flannel shirt, unbuttoned, my red curly wig, slide sandals, toenails painted red. I did not do any makeup. I wore a face mask, and purple sunglasses. I don't know if anyone noticed, and of they did, they didn't care.
    Julianna Frances

The first time Jenn went out was just to the curb to get the day's mail. I waited until after dark, turned off all my outside lights, took a deep breath and...
    walked out there and back. How was it? Scary and exhilarating! Have now done that a couple of more times. But that's the extend of Jennifer's time outside the house. So far...
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

My first 2 times out were just onto the back patio late at night while letting my dog take care of business. I was seen by nobody. The closest I've come to being dressed while out was getting out of the car to fill up with gas at a somewhat busy gas station on a busy corner. While dressed in my male outer wear, I did have a bralette on with my DD cup teardrop forms. IF anyone looked at me, there would have been no question that I was underdressed. If I ever go out fully dressed, it will wait until I am comfortable with my makeup and wig. It will also not be in my neighborhood.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

My first time out was with my girlfriend(eventually to become my wife.) I had just come out to her because we were moving in together. In one of our conversations I had mentioned being curious about what it would be like to be outside dressed. She loaned me a skirt and top and took me out for a walk around the block that very evening. I already had shoulder length hair at the time.

Years after we had moved out of that apartment I found out that one of the early crossdressing clubs, the Cherrystone Club was right across the street from us the whole time we were living there. This was Looong before the internet.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My first time outside was when I was 16. In the 60s. I wore my moms clothes and shoes. Makeup and since I had no hair I stuck curlers in my hair and put a hair net over it. I felt amazing but I must have looked horrific! But I snuck out the basement stairway one night and took a walk around town. Was pretty scary living in a farming village of less than 1000. Getting caught would have been the end.

The next time I ventured out into the public was 30 years later. On a business trip. I loved going out enfemme on business trips, did it for almost 20 years. Really miss that a lot.
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-27-2022 at 10:53 PM.

My first time out was equal parts of terror and exhilaration.

In a once in 20 year occurrence my then wife was going to be away for three days and the pink fog, which ebbed and flowed with me back then was absolutely raging. I had managed to put together one complete outfit and I could think of nothing but dressing leading up to that day.

I rushed home from work and began my transformation. My outfit was a plaid midi length skirt, a dark turquoise cowl neck sweater, boots and a camel colored corduroy jacket, perfect for a New England fall night. I wish I still had those pieces but they are long gone after a purge.

I lived in a tiny town across the street from a little general store and I remember nervously waiting for it to get dark enough outside and quiet enough at the store for me to dash from the house to the car unnoticed.

I drove to a nearby town and kind of looped around for a bit and eventually pulled into a gas station where I sat for a minute j until I got up the nerve to step out of the car and fill up. I felt like everyone was watching me even if they weren't. I then went through the same process at a nearby grocery store. Later I drove to a town further out and summoned up the nerve to go into a K Mart and browse the clothing tracks but didn't buy anything. My last big adventure of the evening was to stop in at another gas station to use the ladies room. I distinctly remember a rather tough looking young man politely holding the for for me and smiling at me on my way in.

As I said, equal parts terror and exhilaration but it was a wonderful experience for me overall.

First time was a car drive - had to walk down 10 flights to my car, had grapefruit in a bra for boobs, I left at @;30 am and felt like breaking out of jail. Soon after taking to the road, I noticed men eyeing me i - not that I was a doll - but that I was a woman alone driving late that was exciting and eerie. I now understand how a woman feels alone to some degree.
    My make up was good from far but far from good in the light , so when I went into a 711 for smokes he looked at me unflatteringly but I still felt proud.

One thing that accentuated the experience was wearing high heels for driving.

I would be out all the time if it was safe.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 03-28-2022 at 08:49 PM.

Reality Check
    I never had a "first time going out". I remember going out for a drive while wearing a bra and then inserting water balloons once I was away from the neighborhood. The next step was to buy a cheap "Halloween" wig and put it on (along with the water balloons) once I was away from the neighborhood. I also wore my wife's blouse. Eventually, I got out of the car (at night) and took a few photos.

I progressed to actual breast forms, hip and butt padding, a decent wig and my own clothes and shoes. And purse, got to have the purse.

So no real "first time".
    Krisi

I remember my first time out dressed up. I did not look good at all. But I felt I was just released from jail. It was fantastic.