Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grieving for a life I never had

Pure wisdom, GretchenM, and something we should all take to heart.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    They are all good points, GretchenM! As I look at the mirror, I see me in a skirt, hosiery, and blouse. I look forward with 20/60 vision into the mirror, but my hindsight is 20/20 vision. That is the problem, and it hinders our forgiving ourselves of the past!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I believe most all humans wish their life would have been different in one respect or another.
    However, we all have to live with the hand dealt to us.
    This is not to say we should not strive to make our lives better.

Like my signature says.....
    "Happiness is not a future condition, it is a present state of mind"
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 04-16-2022 at 11:41 AM.

I wouldn?t change my life because if I did there are things I would miss but when I get dressed and see a woman in the mirror, I do think of what it would have been like to live myself as a woman not a cross dresser. What would have it been like to be a teenage girl, go on dates, wear a prom dress? Just to be able to experience life as a girl and then a woman. So I guess I?m not grieving so much as envious of what women get to do that I missed out on.

I guess we could use the "grass is always greener on the other side" phase here thinking of what could have been. My dad used to tell me not to waste my time thinking about the past but use it as a learning stone for your steps forward. I usally think back and realize I spent so much time and resources on trying to get time to dress and learn so much more about it, that maybe I may have missed out on something else.
    My wife always told me if I would but my mind to other things the way I put my mind on my dressing I could probably have been a Einstein. I must admit at times I do think back and wonder how it would have been more different if we were more open and expecting like now. Thanks for the post