Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the correct title / label?

Firstly, I'd like to agree with this statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    It seems that society really needs to find a way to not gender label people. Dropping the "sir" and "mam" would be a good start.
    Secondly, as long as we're talking about labels and at risk of going a bit off topic, I'd like to know it we CDs are considered part of the LGBTQ community. There seems to be some disagreement on that.

Believe it or not, I, too, do not like labels. As a normal rule I do not like labels, but sometimes they have a usefulness.
    I was looking for some of the common proper labels for sub-groups within the Cross Dresser world.
    I, for one, think of myself as a closeted CDer but then I do, on a few and regularly basis, do go to a get together with my fellow Sisters(?), some of which are like me, we rarely go out of the house dressed. We refer to ourselves as Cross Dressers, but I was wondering if there is a label that is better applied to our sub-group.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyMay View Post
    In the UK the Beaumont Society warn against referring to ourselves as cross dressers and suggest transgender is the correct term. The reason for this is (i) that transgender refers to all cross gender behaviour, (ii) in the UK being transgender is a characteristic which has legal protection. Apparently how you describe yourself matters in, for example, legal decisions about custody.
    Interesting!

I don't consider myself to be transgender, just a crossdresser. To me that implies someone that presents as the other gender all the time. I also don't dress outside the home so I am not in as "deep" as many here are.