Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I don't chicken out

Reality Check
    You had a good time and that's what counts.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like u expected a lot more drama, Valerie? Maybe you'll choose a less blendy outfit next time and find some?

Personally, I hate stress and drama when out shopping. I go out dressed all the time. But, NOT to vanilla, day time, shopping and eating venues!

You're quite brave!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This new thing with the eight billion lumen ultra white LED lighting in shops is truly horrible and I don't understand it, nobody looks good under that I avoid shops that use it but that is becoming harder and harder. Well done on that magical first outing and the beginning of a great adventure!
    Last edited by AngelaYVR; 03-30-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks everyone! Teresa, I hope you are right that it gets easier. Time to work up for a Spring outing and that means no jacket to cover up shoulders and such. A dress? Skirt?
    And I earned a reply from Doc ? now that?s another milestone! Thanks, Doc.

You're the best, Val! Congratulations on a very successful outing and holding your head up high!

Sounds like a great outing! This similar what I do when I get the chance. Get dressed to blend, go the the stores and browse. Perhaps try on a few things. Very enjoyable. And, if I'm really feeling confident I will go to enjoy a meal in a restaurant. When I have the time to plan I call a sister on this forum who lives in the area a usually go and invite her to lunch or dinner. Hmm, been a while, I need to give her a call!
    Congrats on the outing.
    Molly

I am happy for you that you went through with the outing. I think some of us who venture out a lot tend to forget how exciting and yet terrifying those first outings were for us. It definitely gets better the more you do it. What really brought me out of my shell is meeting people face to face. I never got past the fear until I experienced being treated well in a social setting, and that changed everything for me.

Keep going out and let us know how you progress with your confidence.

Sandi

Congratulations on this outing. You seemed to have achieved many milestones in one day.