Thread: Makeup, Movies and Mocktails

Makeup, Movies and Mocktails

Yes, in that order! I nervously took a makeup application and consultation appointment for Saturday evening. Turning cold feet by Friday, I canceled the appointment only to be contacted by the salon owner that I would be welcome if I chose to come another time. I called back to rebook the appointment.

On Saturday evening, wearing a new midi dress, I arrived at the salon and was asked to wait for a few minutes as the owner / artist finished giving the last client of the day a haircut. I nervously waited. Within a few minutes, she asked me to take the seat and then she revealed the huge makeup pallete and asked, "Something dramatic or casual?" "Casual for an evening out and about", I said.

She worked her magic for the next thirty minutes or so while giving some tips and answering my silly makeup related questions. Makeup is transformational. Looking in the mirror, I felt warm and pretty (for lack of a better word). I included a generous tip.

The mall and the movie were uneventful except the theater staff recognized me from my previous trip as Prazia. I chatted with the two women for 15 minutes.

Late it was and I had planned to visit a bar enfemme. I was asked for the ID to enter for which I had to go back to my car and return with the ID. The gatekeeper was surprised that I had come back and commented, " Oh you're back honey! Welcome!"

In a crowded bar, I found a seat at the table occupied by two women (couple) and a young man who wasn't a part of their group. The two women nodded hello and the young guy curiously stared (not evil stare, he seemed feminine, wearing a t-shirt cut below chest to bare midriff and narrow waist but otherwise presenting male) after saying hello. I waited to find a seat at the bar and after a large group of young women left, a few solo visitors including me found our spots.

Next to me sat a same aged single woman who I chatted with occasionally while we watched a younger crowd perform karaoke. The bar tender went "ah, ah, ah, ah...ah" musically looking at me so to express delight and welcome me there. I ordered a mocktail with specific flavors from cocktail menu. It came in a disposable glass and tasted alright. After a nice tip for a mocktail, the second one within the next few minutes came in a martini glass with a little extras. A nice tip again.

The woman sitting next to me asked me to hold her spot while she used the washroom and I later asked her to take a couple of pictures (memorabilia). She asked if I would be in town the following night so we could meet and hang out but I said I planned to to return home. "Too bad", she said. She was there to meet guys but shrugged off the two men who approached her while I was there.

At midnight, with all three goals accomplished, I headed home, gleefully. I am afraid that I would want to go out into the real world again, soon. Even with makeup, there's no fooling anyone but everyone is generally curteous including the woman who I sat next to in the theater and who told me that the seats had storage compartment underneath them where I could store my purse. The scariest part was walking back to the car from the theater as it was late and dark and there weren't many people around. I guess the feeling of vulnerability comes naturally with being enfemme.

Prazia,

Sounds like you had a really nice outing. You had the kind of social interaction that I really enjoy. Having another woman wanting to hang out with you is really cool.

I guess we should have emphasized in your other thread that you always need to bring ID when entering bars. Not all check, but it is highly likely. Also , you are right about it being a bit scary going to a dark parking lot. That is why I almost always use Uber to drop me off and pick me up right at the front door.

Anyhow glad it went well. I hope to be back out doing the same soon.

Sandi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    See how accepting and fun bars/clubs r for trans these days? It all sounded so great! But, what's with no booze?

And, next time try a place where u can dance!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hello,

Sounds like an interesting and enjoyable day. Plus you had other additional options. Only thing I would say and agree with is being careful and cautious on nites out, especially unfamiliar and dark places. I have a friend that goes out and I often caution her of the risks. Glad u enjoyed your day! Jess

Platinum Member
    Glad to hear you had a full and enjoyable day. I do understand the booze free drinks. I often limit myself to one or two alcoholic beverages, then switch to soda water or a near beer. Never want a DUI, regardless of how I may be dressed.

Lovely story about your night out. Must have been very exciting.

Prazia, I'm glad you had a nice evening. Sounds like a great time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".