Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed for first presentation

Banned Read only
    You. Look. Fantastic. Congratulations.

[QUOTE=Heather76 My only question is how on earth do women learn how to buckle shoe straps with the buckle on the outside of the ankle where it isn't visible? Anyway, here's a picture fully dressed, with nails, and one of the shoes. [/QUOTE]

I know what you mean - it's a contortionists trick at first, but eventually the hole where you buckle will be larger and you'll be able to "feel" it .

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Heather76;4577371 I still feel wonderful dressed up.[/QUOTE]

As well you should. The new wig looks wonderful, and your presentation is great. You're ready to go!

Hi Heather, I am so happy for you! Personally I like the yellow dress, but you look great in both. Have fun and be careful! Oh as others have mentioned, buckling shoe satraps should before any foundation garments. Ugh, take off the (stupid) corset and start from the bottom up. Trust me if you put on a corset you can't reach your shoes.
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 04-06-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Brenda, no worries about a corset. I can't imagine strangling my body with one. Whenever the next opportunity arises to actually present Heather to the general public, she will simply have to live with the fact she is an overweight older lady. I really like the yellow dress, as well. It and this black one are my 2 favorites of the small 5 dress wardrobe I currently have. I don't have a great sense of which colors go together (just ask my wife); but, I do believe a brown/beige/tan colored shoe would go better with yellow.

While I was at the mall (and Walmart on my way to the mall), I did look at some tops and pants. I'm going to start on a quest to become more knowledgeable about those things (styles and sizes) so I can dress more casually, as well. I believe the best all around shoe type for that kind of clothing will be sneakers.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Flats are best for most women.
    I agree unless you are going to the policeman's ball.

If you are just walking around town, flats are what most women would wear, especially normal and larger sized women.
    Krisi

Congrats Heather, the shoes look great!! Don't worry about passing. I am sure you are the only one that will notice!! That is a great outfit!!

I really do have to thank everyone for their insights and encouragement. It does mean a lot.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Heather, you look "blendy" now go out there and get your girl on! Be safe but have fun! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Heather76 View Post
    My only question is how on earth do women learn how to buckle shoe straps with the buckle on the outside of the ankle where it isn't visible?
    I used to have a pair of heels that had a buckle on the outside of the ankles. I loved the heels! They were so pretty <sigh>. I have to give up on them; the buckle was almost impossible to do. I've never gotten a heel like that again.

You look wonderful Heather! I love your shoes and the yellow dress!!! The buckles are a challenge and I've struggled with them as well.