Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crisscrossing and railfanning

Banned Read only
    I think any little boy loved trains. My brother and I had Lionel trains as kids. My brother still railroads in his former garage. If I was to deduce on the experience of my brother and me, then 50% of men are cross dressers. If I deduce that, then I'd get an "F" is Logic 101. My father use to take my brother and I down to the "cut' in the Bronx to watch the steam engines. When I went to high school and college in New York City I use to take the #7 Flushing Line that went by the Sunnyside freight yards. I'd always look for new liveries on the box cars in the yard, and, loved seeing the Pennsylvania RR GG's. My Lionel 736Berkshire locomotive and Santa Fe Double A train set is still in storage. No room to set up anything. Sad
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 04-09-2022 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling

I used to be a big fan of trains, proper steamers of course but later on, that interest waned a little. Now I am more interested in crossdressing than trains but I still get a little bit of fun out of trains, driving them virtually in Train Simulator. https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...imulator_2022/

Count me in as a crossdresser that loves trains. Other than a few visits en femme to the local NRHS train museum I haven't combined the hobbies yet.
    Phoebe

Been a fan of trains ever since I was a kid and still am. Never gone hand in hand with my CDing though.

Trains are fun, CD is fun, but hard to see a causal connection. My guess is there are a lot of us CDers out there and our interests cover the waterfront from trains to scuba diving to muscle cars and so on.

I love riding trains. Never done it cross-dressed though. I would love to do it.

I may have to visit the NC train Museum in Spencer NC dressed.
    I hear it's really neat.

https://www.nctransportationmuseum.org/

I am reluctant to suggest this, but it probably has more to do with age than CD. All the train fans I know are my age or near. My son's generation seems to have little interest.

I'll go hide now, before the missiles start flying....
    Last edited by April Rose; 04-07-2022 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Capital punishment
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

When I was a kid, my father was in the State mental hospital in Sykesville, Md. (Psychsville !!!! You can't make this up!) My grandmother decided the sissyboy still needed male influence, so she would take me, but not my sisters, out to visit him once a month or so. I don't remember much from the visits, but I do remember the journey. She didn't drive so we would take a cab to a bus stop just inside D.C., catch a bus for a couple of miles, then take the street car to the train station, catch a train to Baltimore, switch trains to Sykesville and then take a cab to the hospital. Then do it in reverse to come home. That was quite an adventure. I especially loved the train rides. Too bad it didn't work. I became a crossdressing sissy anyway.

Yes, I like both crossdressing and trains. I have more HO trains than I have the tracks to run them on. Sometimes I will build models while crossdressed. I also enjoy riding on trains.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

April, you are correct. Most model railroaders are up in age and I don't see many young people getting into trains. No need to go hide

No correlation; I liked trains from a very early age, likely because my grandfather worked for the railroad, and would take me for lots of rides since he knew everyone on the trains and would ride everywhere for free. At 4, dad bought me a Lionel train set, which we would set up for Christmas that year around the tree, and over the next few years, I would have a small layout in the attic where I could go to run trains whenever I wanted.
    The crossdressing started at 7, same as when the sexual abuse started, and would change my own self image forever, though altering a bit along the way during all these years. When young, I was told that I was supposed to be a girl, and that god would probably come back and fix me. So for many years, I believed that I was supposed to be a girl, and prepared for that to become reality. Of course, it never did.
    Trains and crossdressing never really existed during the same place and time; I never remember playing with or riding trains when dressed as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have also got my self into unsafe areas without realising it.

When dressed I must not take shortcuts through the many lane ways or be near the El when in Chicago late at night.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Since my train room is 1000% private, I have been known to don a leotard & tights while I work away on my layout. Kind of fun and after a while, I don't even think about it. But I am careful with the plaster & paint!

Lacy PJs

I used to like tractors, but now I'm an extractor fan!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Femi9 View Post
    I used to like tractors, but now I'm an extractor fan!
    Aghh!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    At the risk of sounding like Sheldon Cooper, I have always liked trains
    Perhaps this is because I grew up in a three RR town... two major RRs and one local one
    Only a bit of the local RR is left and the two major RRs are long gone.

When I was about 7 years old, my parent got me a Lionel train set for Christmas.

I would love to go on a rail excursion, preferably with a steam loco but, there are no rail excursions in my area.

I would even like to build a detailed "N" scale layout but, I am now living in an apartment.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 04-09-2022 at 12:26 AM.

@Barbara Jo; you didn't say WNY, Southern Tier, or North Country...so I'm wondering if you're within driving distance of Utica? If so, there's the Adirondack Scenic Railroad.

Mod note:

The thread is about CDing and railfanning. Please make sure to not get "off track" and only talk about railroads, or the thread will have to be closed.

Anyone is free to start a railroad only thread in the Lounge.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-09-2022 at 08:48 AM.

I have been a model railroader for longer than a crossdresser. Started off with HO trains when I was a young kid, eventually switched to N scale. Currently an "armchair" model railroader and slowly creating a space in the garage to start a layout. Also have a G scale Christmas train that we place under the tree. The only mixing I have done is read model railroading magazines while dressed. Might have a chance to wear yoga like outfits when I start building my layout.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

I am also a railfan and ride as many tourist lines as I can, I will not try to ride while being dressed as Robyn though. That would be a really scary ride.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    @Barbara Jo; you didn't say WNY, Southern Tier, or North Country...so I'm wondering if you're within driving distance of Utica? If so, there's the Adirondack Scenic Railroad.
    No.... I 'm in Orange County... about 50 miles up the Hudson from NY City.

BTW , the major RRs I spoke of was the "Erie" and O&W RRs

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    One aspect of CD'ing along with a model RR is that when I am sitting at my work bench my skirt catches anything that I may have dropped. It ends up in my lap making it so much quicker to find the dropped part. My life long obsession with trains and CD'ing is still going strong.

I must admit that riding a coach in a theme park dressed in period costume would be on my bucket list, if I had one.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Pan Am railways goes through the back of my house. Every time I hear the train I run out of the house to try to get a glimpse and I?m always wearing leggings . My ultimate fantasy is to build a HO scale layout but I don?t have the time or space right now. So I watch real trains and model trains on YouTube
    Last edited by Richelle423; 04-10-2022 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to add in post

I was really into trains as a kid, until I discovered crossdressing. I still love both, though I've never managed to combine them, which remains both a dream and a goal. In May 2021, after a year-and-a-bit of lockdowns, I managed to get away on my own to an airbnb for four days in a city about two and a half hours away from home. I took only my femme wardrobe, and changed en route in our caravan storage area, leaving my male clothes there. For one of the four days I had booked a return train journey down to the south coast of England, to travel along a beautiful section of railway through Dawlish Warren, right along the side of the sea. But with unbelievable timing, a bogie in a GWR train was found to have a crack in it, and the entire fleet was grounded for a couple of weeks so they could all be checked. They started running again a couple of days before my trip, but with severe disruption and there were no guarantees that any train would run on time - or even at all. With the thought of being stuck on a railway station en femme (with the risks that could entail) combined with the still significant risk of catching Covid on the train (we hadn't had vaccines at that point) I decided to give it a miss. So it remains something to do in my future, and I I'm definitely still looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Melanie Sykes; 04-11-2022 at 02:58 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    This video I found combines the two:

(and Chantal, I always admire how much fun you have!)

That looks like fun.

Went out rail-fanning as Wendy today, chasing a vintage Baldwin 'Mikado' about 50 miles from my home.
    Dressed casual, with jeans instead of a skirt. Got clocked by one guy - didn't care. Didn't manage a ride, but had a great day anyway.

DSCN8900.MP4_snapshot_01.14.074.jpg

DSCN8922.jpg
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 04-16-2022 at 03:47 AM.