Thread: Over a hurdle.

Over a hurdle.

My kids were visiting grandparents so I decided I would take the opportunity to dress before midnight. The late stuff is great but I wanted to try without feeling exhausted for a change.

Told my wife, who really doesn?t like it, and while she has seen me before, it?s always been in the earlier days when I didn?t know what I was doing. She asked if I could skip make up, and I said there would be no point.

She caved.

While she did some stuff, I got dressed, make up wig and heels, then I made our dinner. When she arrived, she said I shouldn?t look better than her. I said I don?t. I look like a man in a dress, though admittedly, I look very good for a man in a dress.

We had dinner, drank wine, watched some tv and that was that.

I?m not after living as a woman. I?m happy with my life as it is. But I feel like I don?t need to hide this part of me as much. She shows no sign of loving me less, and as long as I don?t try to do it all the time, I feel a little less concerned than I did.

P.S. she now wants to borrow the dress I wore which I am totally fine with. Honestly.

That's great to hear, Kerry! Wanting to borrow your dress is a good sign for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyB View Post
    That's great to hear, Kerry! Wanting to borrow your dress is a good sign for sure.
    On reflection, I think she just wants to take it outright.

That is a good hurdle to be over, congrats!
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Michaels View Post
    P.S. she now wants to borrow the dress I wore which I am totally fine with. Honestly.
    An excellent sign - any of hers you'd like to borrow? - now's your chance!

The funny thing is, I?ve sneakily tried some of her nicest things and mostly they look awful on me. Perils of body shape. Though she has this Bardot wiggle dress I may go for.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-05-2022 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

I have an accepting wife , but we had hurdles early on. I can relate and we deserve to be happy ,so we take a win as a win.
    How does that saying go ?small victories and bigger than medallions). Congratulations , Kerry.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Platinum Member
    That would count as a pretty major win for most of us. I am glad it is working out for both of you.

My marriage?s journey through my CDing has had its ups and downs, but with time, love, talking and other unmeasurables, has moved to acceptance. Sounds like you?re on your way there too.

Congratulations! Love the positive stories. I haven't shared this yet but sounds like my wife. She doesn't mind the dressing part but rather me skip the makeup even though she did say I look very nice. It has gotten to the point with us on the weekends I'll put on my dress, bra with forms jewelry and a high ponytail and pantyhose and after she has had time to relax we'll end up dancing in the kitchen or sometimes she'll just dance for me. Last weekend I think she was trying to fondle my breast, at least that's where her hands kept going. It's been a couple weeks since I've put on makeup and it's about time. I hate going through the trouble of doing makeup and hair only to take it off 3 hours later. BTW, as you .y wife wants to borrow some of my jewelry.

As Mermaiden just said, one of the keys is talking, that is a major part of working towards acceptance, and of course being honest
    Crissy

Thanks for the responses. DeeDee, I hate the removal of the make up but I need the full look.

Mascara is my nemesis, that's one thing that always gives me away, my wife actually told me to use hers Because it's easier to remove.

Yep. I can be finding black bits around my eyes well into the next day. False eyelash glue is also a nightmare.

Oh just wait until you see her in your dress. That will be an exciting event. You will never forget it.

Love reading something positive.
    Thank You.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Platinum Member
    After you've been on this forum for a couple of years, you'll realize how fortunate you are to have an accepting wife. I'd love to be able to prepare dinner for my wife en femme, but, it isn't going to happen. Remember, yours is a two person journey. Balance.

Kerry, that's a great account you've given. I realized something a few days ago as I was doing my usual looking at women for makeup hints. I doubt I saw any women over 65 that actually use mascara and eye liner. They may use them for a more formal occasion; but, they don't use them for every day casual wear. I think at age 76 I've dodged 2 bullets.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Gold Member
    Just go slow, it worked well for me. To much at one time and some wives get overloaded and shut down.

Kerry, I'm glad you got to dress. I'd take your wife wanting to borrow your dress as some additional acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That is awesome. Now I can read the rest of the post. I'm happy the way I am too , I wouldn't want to to live as a women. They go thru a lot, guys Hi5 up on them all the time.

Ummm?

Amazing, nearly every comment has wife?s knowing and accepting one?s CDing desires. As mentioned, I have only been trying this off and on since November. Lol, my wife would say ?You?re Crazy, not sure what you?re trying to do, just be yourself ??.lol, again?I might say, I am! Jess.