Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have a GG friend who understands and supports you?

I do not. I wish I did though. I have been looking for one.

Silver Member
    I do consider myself lucky enough to have just that, a wonderful female friend who just understands and is incredibly supportive end encouraging

We have always been close friends, never anything other than close friends and we share a lot, it works well for both of us and a few years ago now, we were both going through some tough times and I for some reason just blurted it out that I enjoyed dressing as a woman, she let me talk, she didn't say much, but she didn't look at me in a way that suggested she was struggling with it, we left it a while and we didn't discuss it again, until one day I asked her if she needed to talk about it, she did and she was waiting for me to visit it again

Now we discuss me and my dressing on a regular basis, there is zero hint of anything other than total support, it is so nice to be able to have that in a friend, we do share clothes discussions and can offer advice each way, which she tells me she likes to have those discussions

One thing I would say is that she has never seen me fully dressed, she knows I under dress, but has never seen the full me, maybe one day soon

The sense of isolation for a crossdresser can be very, very powerful. Unfortunately, that's in a negative way. There are so many of us that have wives that are very much non-understanding. The double whammy is not having any friend or family member with whom you can talk about crossdressing. I know this forum is a very powerful release for that sense of isolation. My wife is supportive, and I do have a GG friend that knows as well. But, I have experienced that isolation before, and I know how painful it can be.

Rachel, you are very fortunate to have such a friend.

My wife and Kid both know and I did tell one Lady I worked with. It was a complete accident but worked out well as she was a great help over the years for advice.
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

In the middle of last year I started to tell my elder sister about my interest in lingerie of the sixties and seventies and she immediately replied oh you wear them. I didn't intend to tell her that much but I did and she has been a revelation since. She has supported me ever since and we have some massive phone calls about dressing and clothes related subjects. She has even given me some clothes as well. I never thought that she would be so supportive and I realize I am so lucky to have a wonderful sister.

My ex wife and my fairly new girlfriend (6years now).....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Aspiring Member
    Many years ago, yes, but sadly not now.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I am lucky in that my wife and youngest daughter both know and are supportive and offer advice which is always welcome.

I also have a few other "girl" friends that know, some have met Jolene and some have not but do know the male me. You always have to consider that once the Genie is out of the bottle thing. I told one girl friend who told her whole family that also knows me, nothing bad came from it, but it could have gone poorly. My wife told a couple of her friends but asked me first one has seen pictures the other has not.

GG friends, not really. A few from our old support group, but other than that no.
    My closest and dearest is my wife and I'm so thankful that she understands and supports me as she does.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have mentioned my four housemates who made me the fifth girl many years ago.

They originally wanted a guard dog but I was a better choice for them and the disguise worked well with their parents.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There is one woman, yes. We've been friends for 40-odd years - ever since she knocked me back for a date when we first met - and she's known I dress for many years. She's cool with it, and often visits when I'm dressed. We've even borrowed stuff from each-other over the years.
    We were discussing only the other night, how our lives might have been had we gotten together back then.

Having a friend or partner who accepts your other self is great. My ex, unfortunately for me, had her own agenda which wasn?t for my benefit. I did have a CD friend who was a help after the divorce.