Thread: Going out in public feels so invigorating and exciting!!!

Going out in public feels so invigorating and exciting!!!

Yesterday was the first day of Scarborough Renaissance Festival, and I went dressed up in my Fair Maiden outfit. As much as I absolutely love my outfit, I had always intended to buy another one. And so I did, and this was the result after spending a pretty penny....
    merchant girl.jpg
    This is me as a Merchant Girl. I love this outfit as much as I love my Fair Maiden outfit. I felt even more great than I did last year when I bought my first outfit and pieced it together. I had a whole new bodice to go with it, putting my corset on underneath. I felt really feminine and girly, and received nothing but compliments from everyone. It makes me feel so doggone good because everything I wear screams out feminine. I especially loved wearing a corset and feeling the nice tight snug fit on my midsection as it created a girlish figure for me. And the people working there were way beyond friendly, even talking to me as if I were just another lady, which is exactly what I wanted basically.
    But as I was sitting on a bench outside waiting for my friends to use the bathroom, someone came along and told me I shouldn't be sitting there, as it might confuse some people, even though I was simply sitting there. We spent the whole day there from 10 to 7, and my body was even more tired than if I had just worked an 8-hour shift at work. For the 7 weeks that they are there, I intend to go a few more times.
    The day before I went to the fair though, I began to think to myself how I oh so much wished I could do this wearing normal women's clothes and go out in public. I do it here because lots of men dress up in women's costumes and vice versa, and as I said before, no judgment at all, just a few people who notice a man wearing the clothes and give a pleasant smile as if to say, "I know you're a man in there, but have fun all the same sweetie." Wouldn't be the same with regular clothes and going out somewhere like say the mall.
    For the longest time now I have wanted to have the courage to do just this, and would almost certainly do it if I had another crossdresser or another woman to go with me, as I would feel safer with someone else around. I have had a couple of dreams that I actually did go out in public, or at least was getting myself ready to, but both dreams ended before I got to wherever it was that I was going. I was actually offered a little advice yesterday at the fair, so hopefully I can gain the courage I need and implement it.

You'll never know till you try it. Dress to blend and give it a go. You can always take you're period costume and if you feel uncomfortable, change.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

You and me both, sister, you and me both.