Thread: Mannerisms

Mannerisms

My wife has mentioned to me how my mannerisms change when I put on a dress and accessories. From how I grab my dress when sitting down, getting into bed with my long night gown, the changing of my voice and hand movements as well. The other day she allowed me to wear a bra with breast enhancements like A/B cup size while at the hardware store but she did tell me to watch my hand mannerisms since I was in male mode. I just can't seem to help myself when dressed. Side note, I caught my wife undressing the other day, she was in her night gown and she slipped on her jogging suit to run to the store. When I mentioned it to her, she replied I do what you do. Tuck it in and roll. LoL

DeeDee,

It is like a switch. I get dressed and my mannerisms change. It's not a conscious thing, it just happens. Some of it I'm sure becomes learned behaviour. We learn how to sit in a skirt or dress. Get used to making room for our boobs so as not to bump into things if going though a small gap. Just having that extra weight out in front. Wearing heels then getting the walk right and bending at the knees to pick something up. Keeping longer hair off our faces and out of our mouths. All these things and more dictate how we go about things.

That doesn't explain hand movements or holding our arms in a different way. I think many of those our subconscious has seen women do and we copy those. I was going to say mimic but that implies a modicum of frivolity and for us it's far more serious to be that.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thank you Helen, and your correct many things I do is because of watching women but then it seems to come naturally as well.

While many women accept the crossdressing, I think that it's the accompanying feminine mannerisms that really push their respective envelopes. Obviously I can't really speak for all of them, but from some experience, I believe they see it as an act of submissiveness, which then opens up the chasm of concerns about transitioning or (gulp) homosexuality. I've read of so many SO's/spouses who say: "I accept your dressing like a woman, but why would you want to act like a woman?"

Yet, more often than not, it's not an "act"; rather, it comes naturally. And that sense of natural-ness becomes the focus of worry.

I've often wondered if it's an act for me when I'm en femme or if the acting occurs the rest of the time. I still don't know the answer, but I think it may well be the latter in my case.

Dana

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The voice change I get, DeeDee. But, what does, "changing your hand movements", mean?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Interesting. I have detected a decidedly different walk. It happens quite naturally, I'm not trying to do anything different. It might be the effect of the heels but my steps are shorter, more of a glide I guess you would say' and a much better posture. I feel my hips actually sway a bit. On one level, I fear it might look put on of affected, but it doesn't feel like that. I have not seen a video of my walking while en femme, but I have walked toward a mirror and I can see the difference. I like it!

When I put on women's clothes, I try to be more feminine in my movements, especially if I am wearing something sexy.
    The other day I went to Scarborough Renaissance Festival and bought a new outfit. I had alot of fun walking around and tried to walk and stand properly. When it came time to go home and I had to take everything off, they assisted me at the shop where I bought my new costume. Before they took it off, I asked them to take a pic with my phone, and it was then that I asked them "What is the best way to pose feminine"? The lady who sold me my outfit not only showed me, but she proceeded to ask other women what kind of pose they would do if one was going for a real feminine pose. After taking a couple of lessons, they snapped my pic about half a dozen times from different angles, and then I finally took my outfit off and talked with them for a bit before going home.

As others have said once you have on hip pads, breast forms, and high heels your centre of gravity has changed and it is no surprise your movements naturally become more feminine. I do find I have to make a conscious effort not to swing my arms like a man, and also take smaller slower steps, and sit down carefully. One of the reasons my wife is no longer comfortable seeing Danielle in person is besides looking so unlike her husband I do move and behave differently which to her emphasises in her mind that her husband is no longer standing in front of her.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Much as I would love to be the same me all the time, it simply does not work that way, unless you transition I guess. I put on my forms and a pretty dress and my mannerisms change.

Such is life. I have always loved dancing. Always drab in public. Though much practice en-fem in the mirror or patio window reflection at home. Do people see a CD when I dance in public, or simply someone who loves to dance, many of my mannerisms must be influenced the female dancers I admire and copy. The later I feel.
    Last edited by Jane G; 04-14-2022 at 11:21 AM.

I am at a point where I want to venture out and not be stuck in the house. I have noticed I am more aware of mannerisms in myself and others as I have a huge desire to blend in as female.

I think mannerisms are a huge part of one's feminine presentation, at least they are for me!
    Once I put a dress on, I walk differently, I bend down differently, I prepare my meals differently etc. Dressing for me is about feeling the swish of my skirt, placing my ankles and knees together when I sit, gently flicking my hair out of my way as I get my veggies chopped etc. I like to walk with my pelvis more forward and rhythmic, all of those things!
    Don't get me wrong, I often forget myself and walk like a lumbering dope but I really do try to honor the femme presentation as much as possible. It really intensifies the overall experience for me!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

As I write I'm in an elasticated pencil skirt, bra and forms on, pink scoop necked tee. Just been standing in the kitchen eating my breakfast, a warm croissant with a dribble of honey.

Dressed as I am I have to alter just how I eat my croissant otherwise flakes of pastry will find their way down my cleavage and this is just another way it which our mannerisms are altered by what we wear. That said you often learn the hard way the need to do it as crumbs in you bra can be a real nuisance to get out, especially in a public place!

I've noticed women when sat eating in a restaurant will lean forward more when lifting food into their mouths. Not dropping bits onto themselves has a far greater significance than to the males around them who adopt a far more casual approach.

These things find their way into our memory banks and are so often retrieved subconsciously that we wonder where they came from. I suspect the trigger is our desire to get our presentation the best it can be, to do the clothes justice.

Some mannerisms are forced upon us, walking in heels, a tight skirt, tight fitting blouses, and tight pants, a nice hair doalso means I carry my head more erect and this accentuates my bust line.

I go for a small one as it gives a demure look.

Big is not always better. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.