Thread: The most unusual compliment...

The most unusual compliment...

Went to get my nails done the other day and got the strangest compliment...
    The lady doing my feet told me I had the prettiest toes she had ever seen.
    Evidently my nail beds are very even. I think the pink polish she applied helped, but I honestly never thought about anyone, especially me, having 'pretty' toes.

Just wondering what other unexpected compliments others might have received and thought this could be a fun thread, so, fess up ladies...

I added the picture because someone was going to ask, and yes, I messed them up right after I left the salon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I've been getting a left-handed compliment my entire adult life - my voice! I cannot begin to tell you the number of times on the phone i have been referred to as Ma'am or been mistaken for my wife. I used to hate it. Now, I not only embrace it but do all I can to encourage it by speaking more softly and gently. I have not yet tried to speak publicly while en femme - that's next.

I was at my nail salon and got my toes done in OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender, one of my favorite colors. The woman next to me admired my color and then said she would like the same as me.
    Shelby, Too bad for messing up the polish, you could go back and ask for a redo on the big toes. I think it would be a tip sort of thing.
    Crissy

Shelby, Nice compliment. I like the color of your nails.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Random people come up to me in stores and compliment me on my outfit, is that unusual?

I've been getting my nails done for 5 yrs. now. Monday evening at a go to resturant of ours, I got a unsolicited complement about my gel manicure from the cashire. She said that she has noticed for some time
    how nice my nails look. We had a nice discussion about nails, sure makes me feel good when someone notices and complents them. Has happened several times, always by women...my wife
    justs shakes her head. BTW I'm always dressed as my male self (as least head up)
    Last edited by Davina2833; 04-14-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Shelby,

I dress twice a month and either get a manicure or a mani/pedi on each of those days. I almost always dress in business or evening attire and look well coordinated. I go dressed for a 9:30 appointment at the salon and spend the entire day after leaving the salon running errands, shopping, eating in casual dining rooms, or meeting the girls at a bistro for a girls night out. I don't think I have EVER (in many years) been dressed and not received at least one compliment at some point during the day. I only recall one occasion being complimented by a male. He was behind me in a checkout line in Target and complimented my hair.

Women are very generous with compliments and have complimented my outfit or specific pieces of my wardrobe, nails, hair, shoes, jewelry, eye makeup treatment, etc.
    They have done this instantaneously as they saw me, like when I exited an elevator, they came around a corner, etc. I don't believe they did it to elicit a comment to hear me talk (as in trying to hear my voice to determine if I was a crossdresser).

I have long almond shaped nails with polish and many sales people notice them when I am paying for an item at checkout.

Photo from last Wednesday at Kansas City girls night out at Bistro 303 and my nails that day. I have to remove polish color the next morning, but leave toenails with color till the next pedicure.

My wife just says "You need to cut your nails."

Suzi Q
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Suzi Q; 04-13-2022 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Forgot last comment

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Great nails. Alas I love rock climbing. Pretty nails are not entirely compatible with the sport. But I do my best.

Aspiring Member
    While I was shopping en femme at a shoe store in Portland, a lady shopping nearby complimented on how nice the shoes I was trying on looked on me. Then she also bought a pair in the exact same model in the same size. Many women in that neighborhood of Portland are well known for how well they dress, so this was quite a compliment.

When chatting with a Sales Associate in Charlotte en femme about which of two pretty A-line dresses I should buy, she replied, ?both of them...you look happy when you twirl in them? and ?You have really pretty hair. I wish I had let mine grow as long as yours. I was wearing my favorite wig, called Jennifer by Louis Ferre.

At an evening Shakespeare theatre performance in Washington DC, the lady whose seat was next to mine looked at me and commented as she sat down, ?After seeing you, I now wish I had dressed up.? I was wearing the exact same outfit as my account photo on the Rose City T Girls website: a blue lace dress and black strappy heels.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    I was wearing the exact same outfit as my account photo on the Rose City T Girls website: a blue lace dress and black strappy heels.
    Which we girls surely deserve to see..

Won't happen to me My feet have walked a few too many years, they are worn out I think. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    As requested. Blue lace dress with strappy black shoes and a fresh pedicure.

Those of us from Phoenix may recognize the location. In this photo, I wore this same outfit to a performance of The Music Man there. I got a great seat, so I walked in heels all the way down to the front row before a packed house.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...11#post4580211

This is what the Louis Ferre wig Jennifer looks like after dancing at Oktoberfest for six hours. Jennifer is a great wig in a perfect length to style many ways. Here, it is styled in milkmaid braids, an Oktoberfest favorite hairstyle, with purple and white ribbons at the side to match my dress. The pearls and the half carat diamond are real. I love how the diamond practically glows as it sparkles.
    Last edited by abby054; 04-22-2022 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Put the photos in photo and video gallery section

Your blue dress is beautiful!