Thread: Compliment on my wig

Compliment on my wig

Yesterday in the checkout line at the grocery, the woman in line behind me asked me who my stylist was, and said that she is thinking of growling hers out and that I had gorgeous hair. This caught me by surprise, but once I got past the shock, I admitted that it was a wig. I can use the excuse that my hair is thinning out as I get older and I gave up and went to a wig. (This is true, as it is thinning out, but I wouldn't mention the bald spot , or mention that I just put up with the crappy testosterone poisoned hair when in guy mode.) She had a really short cut that looked cute on her, but too short for what I'd like to wear. I should have told her that Paula Young is my stylist.
    I was wondering if she really liked my hair style that much, or was just reaching out with a compliment the way women do to each other. Or if she was wondering if I was "really a woman" and initiated a conversation to hear my voice?

She probably really did like it. I was at a drag show one time and the GG next to me complained that the performer looked like she had on a 20 dollar wig, so believe me they notice. If it really does look good you will continue to get compliments.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    I was wondering if she really liked my hair style that much, or was just reaching out with a compliment the way women do to each other. Or if she was wondering if I was "really a woman" and initiated a conversation to hear my voice?
    I suspect a little of each.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    A GG friend once advised me that if she offered a compliment it was because she meant it. She did not offer compliments just to be nice or to strike up a conversation.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I think it's just a situation that gals often compliment each oifher on their clothes , hair etc.

Just yesterday at the mall food court I was at a small table for two
    I was not eating or drinking anything. I was just just resting for few minutes there as people often do.

I was dressed classy with a nice maxi pencil skirt with a white silky blouse. Over this I wore a quite feminine black sweater jacket .
    A younger gal who was seated in the next table was wearing a nice black dress. She eventually came over to me as she was leaving and complemented me on my outfit
    Long story short, I thanked her and complimented her on her dress .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 04-14-2022 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Compliments are, I think, generally made with all sincerity. However, I wish when in male mode we could make them without risking being accused of workplace sexist remarks. I am enthralled with all things lace and have a knit dress that resembles a lace pattern. While doing volunteer work this past weekend, a younger gal (30ish) came to the area I was at. She was wearing a red knit dress I would die for. I wanted so badly to compliment her on her dress and ask her where she purchased it (under the guise of thinking my wife would love having one like it). But, in today's society, I rarely feel comfortable complimenting a woman I don't know. That said, in the past week I have complimented 2 women (check-out clerks) on their beautiful nails. Before I started this CD journey, I'd have never done such a thing. Maybe that is my Heather side showing thru.

Gracie, accept her compliment for what it was - a genuine compliment. BTW, that must be one nice wig.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    BTW, It's been said that males generally dress to impress women... while females generally dress to impress other women.

I will add that females are free to experiment with fashions while males generally do not. The same basic male suit and tie has been around forever it seems.

So, it follows that females will often compliment other woman on their fashion sense if they like it.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 04-14-2022 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I think she probably just liked your hair so complemented as such. No more complicated than that. There does not have to be an anterior motive, simply a genuine comment.

And how do you differentiae between a cheap wig and a good o I have bought from Paula Jones and other on-line dealers. I have Revlon as well a the jones wigs but I don't know how to tell the quality other than price. Help?
    joank
    Southern California

Gracie, I'd take the compliment and not think and deeper about it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have had that happen a few times and I think the women were just trying to break the ice to hear my voice.
    I thanked them for the compliment first off of course.
    Its a compliment so take it with grace and really don't try and look too deep into it.

Take the compliment and dont overthink the situation.

I like big hair wigs and I get quite a few comments and like you I use the thinning hair story and admit to the wig.
    Quite often .... End of conversation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.