Thread: Big effort that backfired?

Big effort that backfired?

Sometimes I think we cant do right from wrong and Im going to pay the price of this for years to come��
    I am a big believer that usually in life you get out what you put in and presentation is no exception
    I live as Jess pretty much 24/7 (there are some exceptions but then Im tomboy Jess) and I actually put a lot of effort into looking blended just everyday female? not glam but presentable?
    I dont have illusions of passing and Im actually very comfortable with that ( I believe setting a bar too high leads to disappointment and disillusionment we are what we are) but that does not take away from working on your look and I find that people respect the effort and treat me accordingly.
    I recently got notice that I required a driving licence renewal and although I actually quite like the current picture I decided I was going for a statement picture well pfff I got that for sure..!
    I did my make up slightly brighter, had my hair washed and curled professionally and presented at the driving licence centre full of confidence.
    The licence arrived last week and OMG its awful just really really bad I showed it to my daughter and my secretary so far . The secretary just said ouch that is so not you and my daughter suggested we went for coffee and cake to drown our sorrows which we dully did
    Diving licence photos like passports can look average I know but this is something else and Im stuck with it.
    Last edited by Jessicajane; 04-16-2022 at 10:43 PM.

Don't think I have ever taken a good Drivers license picture.

So true most DL photos are awful due to the harsh lighting conditions

Jessicajane

Would if be difficult to have the picture changed ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Jess, there never was a good picture on a driver's license. However, if you are that truly disappointed, you do not have to live with it. Wait a few months, get a bit glammed up, go back to the license office, and tell them you have lost your driver's license and need a replacement. Yes, there will be a fee; but, only you can determine if it's worth it. Also, be aware the next license could be no better or it could be the first license ever issued by that office that is complimentary.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Well, I only worry about my license photo for one year at a time. In Alberta your commercial license has to be renewed every year when over 65. Is the only only pic of me that has ever been taken in very many years

Yes that kind of stinks, but when is the last time you ever heard someone say they like the picture on their license - probably never.

I think about the only time I have to show mine is when flying and the TSA folks only care if the picture is of me. So at least only a few people see it. Mine is pretty bad even for male mode me.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    I have had a lot of drivers licesnse and pass port pictures. I can only recall liking perhaps of them?the rest were just awful.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Had to renew my driver's license last year. Due to Covid, all offices were closed to the public. They just pulled my old photo from the file, re-used it, and mailed the new DL. Stuck with the same mug shot for several more years!

That's awful.
    Just surprised you had to wait to see the outcome. Here when they take it it's digital and you see it immediately and can have additional ones taken.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Want to see my Costco picture? The only thing good about driver's license pictures in our state is the renewals are now for eight years. Same picture used on the one expiring which is now six years old. So, add the two together and the picture will be the same after fourteen years. I bet a lot of women would love that. Someday, TSA may not let me on an airplane; "That ain't you!"

Yeah, DL photos, it seems, are engineered to look bad. Then again, maybe it's just the two-hour wait that has us looking like that.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

You gotta stand there with a pleasant look on your face. :-)

Yep it takes practice, I have taken many ID and passport photos and there is an art in making them look good.

Get the subject to relax their face muscles first,

Now... The PLEASANT look. Lotsa Luck.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Jessica, in the last five years the only people who have seen my license picture the pleasant people at TSA. I could care less how bad it is.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I kinda like that my DL pic is of a hideous old man!

I only go out to clubs dressed anymore. So, even without a mask, with just makeup, my cute figure, and a wig? This 79 y/o doesn't look a day over 65 in person!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do not know a single person who actually said they liked their DL picture. I give you a lot of credit for trying but it is a no win situation. Like someone said, the lighting is harsh.
    Crissy

I would also suggest going back in a few weeks or so and say you lost your current license, they will charge you and issue another.

Lol, most say no one likes their license pic, strange enough, I usually take fairly good pics on issued documents but generally take lousy pics on selfies, etc. Also, I understand about trying ur best to improve on your look.. being new, I continue to get disappointed in my attempts. Lol, today I tried making my face up and at the end, I looked and started laughing, and said ?you really blanked that up?. Thanks,

Jess

I do not understand the logic behind the driving licence photo, mine is so bad. I wear eye glasses all of the time, in fact it's a condition on my licence that I wear eye correction when driving. BUT, a photo with glasses is not allowed. The result is that on the picture, I am screwing up my face, just to see the camera or device.
    What makes it even more difficult to understand is that I am allowed to wear glasses for my passport photo, just so long as they are plain, untinted lenses.

Aspiring Member
    As far as I know, there is no such thing as a good DL photo. They are all bad. They just are.

My DL photo is in drab. I would be asking for needless trouble at home to do otherwise.

To make the best of a bad situation, I always scowl for such mug shots. I did such a great scowl on my work badge that my wife asked, Who put a bee in your bonnet? A scowl actually makes me more easily recognized. I rarely show my DL but when I do, the circumstances are rarely anything to smile about.

My last DL photo was so bad I used it as an excuse for crossdressing. "I don’t want to look like that!" I’d say when presenting it.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.