Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's share our life's story here is mine

Any of you coming to the Huntsville, AL area and want to talk, please send me a PM. I live near the Alabama Space And Rocker Center, Space Camp, Huntsville Botanical Gardens, and the Huntsville International Air Port.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Thank you for this interesting story, Paula. This is an excellent thread you started. I'd like to contribute to it with my own story, but that will take time to put together. I like detail, and I know I can be "wordy," so it could be VERY long!

My story is rather different from yours, since I'm just an "ordinary" crossdresser. However, apart from our shared enjoyment of women's clothes, we do have at least one other important thing in common, and that is the crucial need for self-acceptance. That must be something we've all struggled with at some time, and may arrive at either sooner or later in life, leading to self-realization and hopefully what is called "self-actualization," as far as we're able to attain it within our own individual circumstances.

However, what this board really needs is a new SECTION for "My Life Story." I think "life stories" can be valuable, not just out of general interest, or to find out where we fit in the broad constellation of crossdressers at large, but also at times to look up a member's situation--as much as they choose to post, that is--in order to respond most appropriately on the board. The trouble is that life stories in a single thread get lost after a time, and there's no way of looking them up. Unless I'm missing something technically, it seems the Search facility on this board only returns threads started by a given members, not their posts on other members' threads. Anyway some members have thousands of posts.

Of course, some members do put a little about themselves in their profiles, but this tends to be brief. The same applies to the Introductions section. Few new members want to write a book before they "cut to the chase" of reading and posting.

So a separate Life Story section seems a good idea for more detailed narratives. It could be educational for partners to read as well. Naturally as members they would be free to post their own stories as well if they wish e.g.: "My Life with a Crossdresser"!

I like the suggestion of a new area. Should it be open to "non-member/guests" or only for "members" or maybe make it so the poster has the option to which way it is posted.
    Of course having the option of setting a "flag/checkmark" as to how your posts are to be open or closed might be nice.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I like the idea of making it "For Members Only". I believe that would encourage contributors to be more open about their CD'ing life and to include more details in their story. I personally would feel comfortable sharing my story with other members here but would not want it out in the open for just anyone to view.

I know that we have many 24/7 dressers, but I think even many of them might like to keep some of their life / life style / history on the low.
    I am not for flag waving of my history either. I might be a bit more open then some but there are still some things I tend to say little about.
    My personal feeling is that everything past the "Stickies" should be Members only. If you want to read anything join us.!
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 04-24-2022 at 03:22 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: