Thread: Adam's apple in females

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"

Adam's apple in females

I do not know how many know this but all humans, male and female have what it referred to as an Adam's apple

"The Adam's apple or laryngeal prominence is the lump or protrusion in the human neck formed by the angle of the thyroid cartilage surrounding the larynx "

It's just that generally it is more pronounced in males but females can have a pronounced AA also
    Just Google Adam's apple in females.

So, don't be too self conscious about yours when out as female.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 04-19-2022 at 09:56 PM.

I am lucky because mine is hardly noticeable. Unfortunately my neck is quite wide which is the reason I wear a wig that curls such that it kind of hides the width of my neck.

Sandi

Mine is now largely concealed by the loose skin and wrinkles around my neck,chin and jawline. Perhaps the only advantage to being a senior CD.

I can't help but be self conscious... it's one of my biggest tells.
    But it doesn't stop me one bit from going out, with the right accessories 😉

Barbara Jo, I like your positive take on this. One problem is that people have been told this forever, so you are also fighting perception. Just like all crossdressers are gay.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Yeah, even movies promote this fallacy ....

Even a major movie about CDs/ DQs is guilty of this ..."To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar" .

Vida Boheme : Carol Ann, if we're going to be friends, there really is something I should tell you...

Carol Ann : Adam's Apple?

Vida Boheme : What?

Carol Ann : Adam's Apple. Women don't have Adam's Apples, only men have Adam's Apples. The first night that you came to town I noticed that you had yourself an Adam's Apple.

Vida Boheme : Then, then you know?

Carol Ann : I know, that I am very fortunate to have a lady friend who just happens to have an Adam's Apple.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 04-20-2022 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    Mine is now largely concealed by the loose skin and wrinkles around my neck,chin and jawline. Perhaps the only advantage to being a senior CD.
    Bingo. I no longer have a visible AA for the same reasons.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Banned Read only
    I don't have a prominent AA so that frees me up to worry about my large hands, broad shoulders, and big feet. Or, I can just not give a dam and enjoy my time out dressed. That's actually much simpler and more fun.

I've noticed them on women sometimes. Mine is not very noticeable.
    Julianna Frances

A few years ago now, during an operation, the anaesthetist discovered that my larynx is not where it ought to be, and that I have a 'difficult airway'. So medical issues also come into play when discussing Adam's Apples.

My double chin makes it less visible, one advantage of being overweight.

Barbara Jo, really, my Adams apple is not the highest on my list of things I worry about. My hight and weight are bigger issues.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That was interesting checking that out, Something new learned for me today.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Never noticed it on women. I will probably notice it now.

When dressing, I either wear a chocker that covers it or a dress that hides the neck but not the boobs. Not sure what they are called.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Another nice feature of breast plates with necks: Your wrinkles, turkey neck, and/or Adam's Apples all vanish!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I love my two breast plates but they aren't exactly ideal for very warm weather. Oh my! One time I was traveling down south and after a day of feeling like I was swimming in perspiration, I cut up a tshirt to fit between the plate and my body. That helped a lot. The flip side is that when it's very cold out the plate is great at retaining body heat and you don't have to bundle up as much.

Banned Read only
    If you use "Google Images" you'll see a lot of pictures of female personalities with a large Adam Apple. If you're self conscious you may want to wear turtle neck dress or sweater; or when wearing a summery dress, add a scarf at the neck to add a little bit of color to the outfit. I've always thought cross dressers with a few extra pounds and short stature have an advantage over a man like me, six foot and 200 pounds.

Aspiring Member
    Unlike my two brothers, I have never had a prominent AA.

You can't see mine. My neck is smooth. I think it grows bigger if you lacked iodine in your diet growing up.