Thread: The most beautiful moment of Charlotte's life

Banned Read only

The most beautiful moment of Charlotte's life

Yes, Charlotte is me, always has been, always will be, but I live my life as X, and therefore Charlotte feels like a totally separate life and set of experiences.

I've just had probably the most beautiful moment that actually brought me to tears, and has again a couple of times since.

Recently I came out to a colleague, and she has been the most supportive person you could imagine. I felt comfortable enough to go to a virtual meeting with her today whilst dressed, and we discussed crossdressing, my being transgender and so on. I said about how I want to have a voice, but that I am scared of exposing myself, and she referenced me by my name.

Yes, my name as I was presenting. First name, last name. I was called Charlotte X.

Hearing somebody else speak my name was such a special moment that I was just overcome with emotion and the tears started forming almost instantly.

I cannot believe how powerful that moment was.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Charlotte, That is wonderful to have someone that accepting. How beautiful!

It is great to have an understanding and non judgmental ear to talk to.

By referring to you as Charlotte X, your colleague/friend has acknowledged and validated you. Charlotte X no longer a an alter ego ...Charlotte X exists, and that is extremely powerful.

Platinum Member
    Wow?.Charlotte, what an experience. I have a few such friends among former colleagues, that I have met as Kim first in person or video. That moment of initial acceptance will always be remembered. My friends and I have gone on to socialize. It all reminds me of the velveteen rabbit?becoming real.

Charlotte, please do not make me cry.

Isn't it wonderful?
    I had a resident who kept calling me, Harry! Then the other day she says, "Good morning, Lana!" It felt so good!
    Glad you could experience the same on your journey!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Such a wonderful and powerful experience. Thank you for sharing as it gives hope to the rest of us girls of what is possible.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Banned Read only
    I'm still blown away nearly 24 hours later. I'd never been in a meeting as Charlotte, so seeing my camera image on the screen was such a strange experience as well.

It's like a whole new world has been unlocked for me. I've spent so much of my life feeling outcast, like there is something wrong with me, but one simple act of validation has totally changed things.

A good day for you Charlotte.
    I have literally done the wrong thing with two separate appointments this week regarding my name.
    I was asked both times how I like to be called and it threw me at first. The wig sales lady asked how I like to be referred as he or she (I was dressed) but we got past it.
    With the doctor I had made the appointment in my male name and after revealing to him I consider myself TG he asked how to refer to me.
    Next visit I will go dressed as Philipa and that should settle it.
    It does make a difference to be acknowledged.

Philipa Jane

Thumbs Up from me Charlotte, sounds lke you've found a good friend in your female colleague there.

Charlotte is a great name too!

Fabulous!
    Charlotte, last week I did the same thing with two very old (40 odd years) friends over Zoom. One had known about Julia fir a couple of years, the other, my BF from age 11 onwards, only recently. They were both completely cool about the whole thing. My BF said he'd always loved me like a brother and that it would be the same if I were a sister. I could barely contain the tears and we had to end the call

Only thing is, I'm thinking this may have been a "floodgate" moment, because since then I've come out to two GGs, my personal trainer and a close colleague at work. Neither of them in person or Zoom yet, but it is definitely only a matter of time. After that I guess it will be the HR department (we have a very inclusive policy on diversity in all its forms and I'm both old and senior enough not to have to care).

Doesn't it feel G R E A T !!!?
    Hugs

Julia

Charlotte, That's wonderful. I'm glad that you had a friend you felt safe coming out to.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Beautiful experience and share! I imagine it?s very comforting to be able to express and then be acknowledged in you fem name. To date, there has been only two that have acknowledged me by Jess?. On one hand it is quite satisfying and on the other, a little strange as I?m still trying to make some sense on the experience, but every time I makeup and practice it becomes a little bit more real.

Thanks for sharing?Jess.

What a great breakthrough....
    hugs Kara
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.