Thread: Dressing time

Dressing time

I have today had my 1st opportunity to dress for nearly 6 months. Wife and 2 daughters out for a few hours which seems like a miracle. Dropped 1 daughter in town and went shopping around the charity/ thrift shops . I was like a kid in a sweetshop. Bought 2 dresses, a skirt, 2 pairs of black 60 denier opaque tights and a beaded necklace. Wasnt sure of dress size as have put on weight after the pandemic. 1 size 16 the other size 18. Was shocked that my belly made me look pregnant. Think I need a pantygirdle or corset until I lose weight.It was an exhilarating experience. Feel so calm and relaxed. As if I have left all my stresses and worries at my front door. A feeling of pure joy. Oh how I have missed it.Think most of the purchases on impulse the blue skirt and green tee shirt dress I don?t like. But the black M&S polka dot dress is a brilliant good quality bargain.Amazing walking around the house putting washing on the line and feeling the breeze on my legs.Sorry no pics. Not good on the IT and cant ask daughter to help.Hope everyone else has a good feminine weekend too.

Debbie,

Isn't it just wonderful when all the stars align. Hopefully it won't be so long till the next time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Debbie,

Glad you had the opportunity, especially after such a long break.

Thanks Helen and Mary Loo. Had a near miss later on after packing everything away. To my horror had left out a pair of pink footless tights on the worktop above the washing machine.Bought on impulse I quickly put them away .

That is awesome! I am still trying to loose me pandemic weight. You should have put on some polka music and danced in your polka dot dress!

It has been a very long time since I fully dressed. Almost a year. The pressure is building, but no opportunities. I think I know how you feel.

And this is the time of the year when I characteristically dress the most and spend evenings in our secluded pergola out in our big flower garden. My wife knows, but she is always here now; not that I mind that. I enjoy her being here, but she has declared she does not want to see me as Gretchen because she can't unsee it. I get it and it's OK. I will survive and I do get to do the bits and pieces approach that works pretty well at keeping the demons at bay.

I have the same problem with the pregnancy appearance, but it is much better now that I lost weight. Last year I even thought that maybe I should get a maternity dress. That might have been part of the motivation to lose weight. That would look kind of crazy - old women don't get pregnant. I just avoid tight fitting tops like a lot of older women around here do.

Debbie, sounds like a lovely day. So glad you got a chance. to dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Debbie,

Isn't it just wonderful when all the stars align. Hopefully it won't be so long till the next time.
    Unfortunately, I'm still waiting. Always happy to read someone had some quality time.

Debbie, I totally get it. There is a part of us that needs to dress or we would not be on this forum. One reason that I do not dress as much as I used to, in addition to my wife being retired and now home more, is that I would experience such a letdown when I took my Nancy clothes off and put them away. Nancy