I have been going into my office twice a week for most of the COVID situation. I work in IT and need access to a lab for some testing and need to sometimes physically touch the equipment. I have noticed I am one of maybe 10 cars in a 4 story building, and I see maybe two or three other people over the course of a day. I work for a large corporation with a very progressive inclusion and harassment policy. While the company has made a move to bring people back to the office I haven?t seen a difference in my building, mainly because there has been talk about closing that office and everyone has been also been relocated to another office space. But the lab remains in the old space for now.

I am pretty open about dressing in public but I have never dressed to go to work. I think it would be a fun bucket list thing to spend an entire day as my femme self at work. Attending my normal work meetings, tapping away at my computer, maybe even going out for lunch. I could probably find an office on another floor to work in for that day versus my normal desk and avoid the two people I might see regularly. Not that I would expect them to panic if they saw me.

What would you do in my situation? I?m not sure how much longer I have to debate the question or act on it. They could permanently close the space in a month or it might stay open for another year.