Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to crossdressing

New to crossdressing

Hi everyone! I?m new to this forum and have been interested in crossdressing for quite awhile. I would like to further my curiosity and start gradually dressing as a woman. I don?t really have any clothes at this point. I have a few pair of panties. I don?t expect to pass but it would be nice to eventually be comfortable going out in public. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I suggest going to a thrift store that lets you try on clothes to get a rough idea what sizes fit you. Women's sizes are only approximate and vary by brand.
    Unless you wear hip pads you may find that your tops are two sizes larger than your bottoms.

Sarah,

First off, welcome. You will find this site to be a wealth of knowledge and a reaffirming resource. However, I am fairly new here, myself, and have a very small number of my own clothes, so I have limited advice. I won’t rehash prior posts of mine.

I am sure you will get more useful advice from others, but I would simply say your mileage may vary. There is a very diverse and wide array of folks on here so keep all feedback in perspective and take away what seems best for YOU.

I hope to learn more about you in future posts.

That?s a good idea. Plus it won?t be that expensive if I decide to buy a few things. May be a little in embarrassing going up to the fitting room with women's clothes or even going up to the cash register but it is something I will have to get used to guess.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Definitely have the faintest idea what my size is.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-28-2022 at 05:41 AM. Reason: One sentence was duplicated

Welcome Cdsarah0382, You will find a great deal of satisfaction in this interesting world of male to female transformations.
    Love Marcie

Thought about shaving completely and trying on some sexy stocking and panties. Any advice on choosing breast forms?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks Marcie. Looking forward to exploring my feminine side

Sarah,

You will go through a lot of trial & error in the beginning to figure out what sizes & styles fit you best. Don't hesitate to shop at stores like Kohl's, Target or Walmart where you can try anything on in their unmoderated fitting rooms. Just throw some men's items over the woman's stuff before you go in. And Target, Walmart & some Kohl's have self-checkout registers. And don't forget Amazon where if you are a Prime member you can return things for free.

Fiona

Thanks for the recommendations Fiona. Definitely have to stay shopping for so clothes.

Kohl's has really great discount racks. Sometimes a better deal than the local Savers. With a 30% off coupon for using their store credit card I may pay just 20 or 30% of retail for new clothes!
    Sometimes used clothes has problems you didn't see or is nearly worn out to begin with.

Target isn't such a great deal off the discount racks. But their prices are pretty good to begin with. I think they want you to visit the store frequently to buy new stock as it comes in.

Walmart's quality is what you would expect for a store that offers low prices.

I can use a tape measure to see whether or not something fits. Two hand spans across the chest means it will fit snugly.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 04-25-2022 at 12:10 AM.

I had good luck purchasing things from Amazon at first. Not only the easy returns, but the ability for comparison of price and size among similar items. Sizing is always an issue, since the sizes vary so much between clothing manufacturers. Most manufacturers on Amazon offer measurements to correspond with their sizes, so become familiar with your measurements as well - size alone won't be particularly helpful without them. If the advert doesn't show these, move on. Beyond that, what others have said about the Walmart/Kohl fitting rooms is solid - do not be afraid to use them - and that goes for the fitting rooms at your local thrift store too.

Up the limit on all your credit cards! Then go to a store and start trying clothes on so that you know your size. Fun thing is they let you try on clothes for free! You do not really need to buy anything. But you will! Trust me, you will!

Welcome Sarah we are glad you are here.
    Lots on knowledge on this site so any questions you might have just ask and someone will answer.

Hi there! I have had a lot of luck shopping online. I took my measurements myself with a measuring tape and correlate my measurements to the sizing recommendations on the garment I am interested in buying. Like some one else said it takes trial and error to find your style but returns are easy and discreet if you shop on Amazon which I do a lot. Hope that helps you. Good luck!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Also wanted to note that dh gate is a great place to shop for accessories like jewelry and handbags. Clothes not so much but the accessories are fabulous. I bought a Chanel style handbag Chanel style strand of pearls and matching earrings for 60.00 us and they are beautiful. Shipping takes a while but another idea to shop discreetly.

Thanks everyone for their recommendations. I just bought some new panties on Amazon. Going to slowly buy things as I go. What type of panties do you guys prefer?

Welcome! I can wholly understand the trepidation about using fitting rooms (I have never built up the nerve, myself). For my part, check out sizes on pantyhose - they have a height/weight chart on the package which runs pretty true. Look at CLX racks at Walmart and you might find a dress for around $10. If you pick something with stretchy material it can give you some leeway. Sizing is inconsistent, I'm fairly good sized and have things ranging from L to XXL that fit. Pick out things that suit your mood and have fun.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Practice, Practice, Practice.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsarah0382 View Post
    That?s a good idea. Plus it won?t be that expensive if I decide to buy a few things. May be a little in embarrassing going up to the fitting room with women's clothes or even going up to the cash register but it is something I will have to get used to guess.

Thank you for the warm welcome

Definitely have the faintest idea what my size is.
    I NEVER try things on when I shop. I carry a small tape measure in my pocket and measure what I'm interested in purchasing, Sarah.
    If the chest and waist will fit, I know the shoulders, hips, and butt will too.

There r no "for sure" sizes in women's things!

------------------ Any advice on choosing breast forms?
    Yes. Pick whatever size u think u like first. Then, the one u like better next time. Having one set of forms is like having one pair of shoes or one wig!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sarah, Welcome to the forum. I'll start with makeup. Buy inexpensive to begin with as it doesn't last and you will need to practice a lot. You can purchase better brands later when you application down.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I would like to start buying some clothes but sizing seems to be and issue. I?m 6?0 and seam to have a hard time finding clothes that fit length wise. Plus I have really small hips. Like you said it seems to be a lot it trial and error and I guest I will just have to explore different sizes and styles and find what works best.

Sarah,

There are plenty of midi or maxi length dresses & skirts that would look fine on your 6 ft frame. Depending on your weight, try size 14 or large size dresses first.

With regard to clothing, buy the size you think will fit. And, be prepared to return the item to exchange it for a different size. After some trial and error, you will figure out your size. A good start to estimate your size is to look at the size charts for various dresses on Amazon. That should get you to within 1 size of what's correct if not dead on the correct size.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

The cheapest way to find your size and amass a wardrobe is to visit thrift shops. You can find new or almost new womens clothes.

Something very interesting happened today. So I bought some feminine items on Amazon a few days ago and it was delivered this afternoon. I live in an apartment complex. My neighbor caught me as she was leaving and said she mistakenly opened my package because it blew away from my door in the wind and she was expecting a package herself from Amazon. She apologized and wrote a note on it. She didn?t say anything about what was in it but she definitely saw what was in it. How embarrassing!!! I was red in the face and didn?t know what to say. Not to sure what I should do at this point lol.

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum! This is a great place to be to learn from others and share with all! I recently joined this site back in August in the same boat you are in right now, you know with pictures of me from the neck down only. I have picked up so many good pieces of information that have really helped me in my journey that I am feeling confident enough to venture out in public alone. More importantly, I have made a good number of friends here as well! You have found the right place to be for helpful advice while you begin your journey and I hope you are able to get as much from here as I have!

Not to sure what I should do at this point lol.
    First off, don't worry about it! If she isn't reacting any differently with you then it is no big deal. Second, what did you buy?!

Thanks for the encouragement Linda. Looking forward to the journey and learning as much as I can. It was some panties, lol. I still can?t believe that it really happened. So embarrassed ����
    Last edited by char GG; 04-28-2022 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Please read the rules about what you can and can't talk about