Thread: Photo service...

Photo service...

This is just a question, not an offer, or anything that I am going to attempt. But, I know that most of us love having photos of our feminine selves. But from my personal observation, most of our photos are selfies taken with cell phones.
    My question is, who would be interested in a photography service for crossdressers? The idea is that this would not be a transformation service. Instead, this would be strictly photos. Where the client was comfortable. Not 9ut about your dressing? Fine...the photographer can come to your home and keep things private. Are you more adventurous and have a favorite park, Cafe, zoo...etc. you like? That could be accomplished also.
    I feel that prices could be kept reasonable if the transformation is not included. And that better quality photos could be made available. This idea may only be feasible in a higher population area. But would this be a service any of you are interested in?

I as a photographer, would do this. I think most photographers would..

I agree with Ricky. I think most any photographer would take the work. Unless they have personal/ religious reasons not to.

Reality Check
    Perhaps I am "old school", but I use a camera to take photos and a phone to call people. My camera has features a phone does not have and provides good results. Photo editing software makes up for any deficiencies.

So, I would not use a photo service. Now if there was a good "makeover" service that included photos, that would be different.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli_cd View Post
    I agree with Ricky. I think most any photographer would take the work. Unless they have personal/ religious reasons not to.
    Photographers have to be careful or they will find themselves in court like a baker that seems to always end up in court over his religious beliefs.

As others have said, most photographers would take the brief if asked. You're going to be just another model/subject to them.

You did get me thinking however and I began to wonder if any here would use a service which offered a course that covered how to walk in heels as well as femme mannerisms. That could of course include a before and after video service to show just how much you'd improved.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Current smartphones take very good pictures. They don't compete with a DSLR for grain but very often do a much better job in poor lighting conditions which is usually the case for a private CDer like me. Plus they shoot splendid videos.
    I always take pictures with the rear camera, using a tall mirror. I avoid selfies because it shots you at a very close distance which results in an ugly and unfaithful fisheye effect. The mirror has the advantage of effectively doubling the shot distance, which allows nice portrait or full height pics with minimal perspective distortion. Since I am tall, I usually grab the mirror off the wall and put it down, slightly slanted. This allows me to see myself completely even if the mirror is smaller than me. But you have to carefully orientate your camera to correct the perspective, otherwise you will zoom the higher or lower part of your body. The best conditions with this apparatus require a sunny day, lean the mirror against a well-lit glass bay (the sun light should illuminate you indirectly if possible). I took some of my best pictures when these conditions where met (example setup in attached photo, the mirror is leaning slightly slanted against the bay. The picture wasn't taken at the right angle, so my lower body part looks slightly exaggerated, this can be corrected on the spot by checking the pictures and reshooting, or fixed later in an editor).
    Make sure that the mirror frame doesn't "cut" you (you may need to adjust the shot distance for that).
    Later in a photo editor you can crop the picture to remove the mirror frame and everything outside it (and horizontally reverse the image if you want to see you like others would).

And since these devices take so brilliant videos, you can actually extract very nice snaps from them (much better chance to find the right moment in a video).

C558919D-36FB-415F-A318-B4374B2073D7.jpg
    Last edited by DianeT; 04-26-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

An interesting idea. I would imagine most photographers would accept clients in their studio or otherwise, but it would be wise to let them know the circumstances. I have hardly ever used my phone, but then I never had a very good phone for pictures, anyway.

As a flight of fantasy, if I were retired I could polish up on my lighting skills and do something like that, strictly for CD'rs, provided I could do it dressed, myself! That could be fun!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kimmy, there r a number of folks that already offer that service to trans in the LA and Vegas areas. Some even will include a complete transformation, makeover, outfits, take u out, or offer special sets to shoot u on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Most boudoir photographers would be glad to do the shoot if the money is right. It makes no difference to most photographers what the gender of the model is that is being photographed.. We are professionals and value our customers. With that being said which gender of a photographer would you prefer to take your photographs.

Any city of a reasonable size has a drag show. The drag queens have been photographed. That photographer is probably going to be wiling to take pictures of anybody.

I do not use cell phones because of all the data each photo carries along with it. Old dumb Sony digital camera! And we have such a service in Pittsburgh. It is a CD makeover and photo service. Paid by the hour. Will even accompany you out on the town enfemme and take you shopping. Looks really to be fun and might try it some day.

Thanks for all the replies ladies. I was just interested in the idea. Maybe someone who would be in contact with the community and can get word out to more closeted sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I do not use cell phones because of all the data each photo carries along with it.
    There are free tools to easily remove EXIF data (GPS coordinates, camera type, date of shooting etc.) from a bunch of JPEG (didn't try HEIC) pictures. Here's an open source one: https://exifcleaner.com/. Standard cameras also generate such data. Usually the only tag smartphones will add compared to a camera will be GPS coordinates (so you are right to be cautious).
    Last edited by DianeT; 04-27-2022 at 01:21 AM.

I too am a semi-retired Photographer. I can travel. Many of my light systems and background systems are also portable. I am also very good at changing backgrounds using the computer.
    I still prefer shooting on location, it gets me out of the house. A laptop with necessary software travels with me.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 04-27-2022 at 02:21 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal120 View Post
    Most boudoir photographers would be glad to do the shoot if the money is right. It makes no difference to most photographers what the gender of the model is that is being photographed.. We are professionals and value our customers. With that being said which gender of a photographer would you prefer to take your photographs.
    This is true, I have had several boudoir shoots and I just let them know from the start that I am a crossdresser interested in a typical boudoir shoot just like any other female client. I have had multiple good experiences. And I also have had some rejections on my initial contact with them, which is fine if they want to pass up a paying gig.

From my latest boudoir shoot in Oct 2021 - Photo credit to Haute Shots in Las Vegas
    Becky1.jpg
    Rebecca Bas