Thread: Great Shopping Experience

Great Shopping Experience

Just wanted to pass on a great experience I had last week. First a little background on me. I'm in a mostly unsupported situation - which I'm fine with - would rather have my wife than dressing. She let's me indulge in some things - we do share a panty drawer and she lets me wear black leggings but that's it. If I talk about dressing further it's no bueno. She knows I dress in her things on the rare occasion I have an opportunity but it's definitely DADT. I don't have anything of my own, no wigs, no makeup and no skill at putting it on of I did, no shoes, bra's etc - you get point. Thankfully most of her skirts fit, a few of her blouses and some dresses.

Well, she was gone last week with 2 of 3 kids and the other was working a lot and I had some extra time off - so I tried on just about every outfit in closet and found what I liked best and enjoyed the week in some cute girl clothes. I decided I wanted to go shopping on my day off and decided to do it in a skirt and blouse and pantyhose. Mind you I'm a tall bulky hairy dude with nothing other than clothing to help me look feminine - so I'm sure I looked a bit odd - big bald dude in women's clothes with only a bit of lip stick on.

Into Maurice's I went right when they opened and thankfully had the store to myself for an hour. The sales lady was so gracious and kind - asked who I was shopping for and of course said me. She said great and if I had questions to let her know while I shopped. I found some dresses and skirts I loved but not in my size so I started asking if they might have them in other sizes. She helped me look - which they didn't but decided to try the other sizes on that were close to give it a shot. A couple times I would come out to look in the mirrors and we would discuss how it looked on me. She started to get an idea of what I was looking for and started to bring me things in my size. She picked out the cutest dress for me that looked and felt absolutely amazing on me. I ended up not buying anything because if my wife found a dress for me - I'd be dead - and it is a style she wouldn't wear so I couldn't buy it for her. Two days later I go back because I couldn't get that feeling out of my system that dress gave me. It's now hidden in a drawer and hopefully never found by her. That was such a wonderful and fun shopping experience.

That is awesome! Shopping is so much fun and trying things on is free, as you discovered! At least your wife lets you wear panties. My wife also does not appreciate anything about my side.

Such a shame you have to completely hide this side of you. That said, CONGRATULATIONS for having the nerve to: "I decided I wanted to go shopping on my day off and decided to do it in a skirt and blouse and pantyhose. Mind you I'm a tall bulky hairy dude with nothing other than clothing to help me look feminine - so I'm sure I looked a bit odd - big bald dude in women's clothes with only a bit of lip stick on."
    I would have no issues going in a store in male mode and buying a dress as I've done that. If I thought I would blend (some day I hope to), I'd go in dressed. However, to go dress shopping in hybrid mode isn't something I could do without being self conscious. Again, good for you!!!
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Sounds like a wonderful experience. Be careful with the hidden dress. I am more than aware of the consequences of it being accidentally discovered.

You have discovered the great joy that shopping can bring. Kudos to you for doing it at least partially enfemme. Sounds like you found a great SA as well. I - we - don't know how long you have been dressing in secret and you have a DADT - but would it be a bad thing if you had your own clothes and just had the stipulation that she would never see them or see you in them? You could even tell her where they are so as not to be sneaky, but just indicate she would never need to see them or you them - it could be your particular arrangement, and all of us have different arrangements with our SO as you know. If you could pull it off, think of the tremendous fun, shopping and otherwise, could await!

just my two cents, but "trying on just about every outfit' in your wife's closet is a terrible idea. Definite 'no fly' zone

Good for YOU! I would never have the nerve to go out less than as fem as I can, and then go about 20-30 miles south to a more cosmopolitan area. Be sure your stash area is good, especially if the spouse is inquisitive.

When are we going to hear more descriptions of the dress, or see it, for that matter?

Hi Jodi, I don?t post much these days, but I see some things here and want to offer my 2 cents. You mentioned your marriage is more important than dressing. I agree with this. So forewarning; she will find this new dress and know her boundaries have been breached. You have crossed this bridge before leading to sharing of your panty drawer. Consider having another conversation about wearing a dress (of yours) when she is not around? This conversation is easier before she sees the dress. Just my 2 cents . Colleen

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your post made me want to visit Maurice's, Jody? Where's it located?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm glad that you got a chance to dress while your wife was away. However, I would never wear my wife's clothes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There are locations scattered all over and they are online too. See their website for locations. They have a lot of very cute stuff! The wife and I love shopping there.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I did drive about an hour away - no way I would do this near by! I bought the blue floral 24/7 knot mini dress. If you Google that it will take you to website!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I do shop often and always fully male. I don't have a problem trying on clothes in male mode but this was first time to go shopping in girl mode.

I tell my wife often I would like to go on a girly date with her to go shopping - and we do. I don't get to try on clothes when I'm with her but I get to look at a lot of cute things and pick stuff out for her. That is fun for me too. She knows I'm looking for both of us - but we don't talk about that while we're out.

Banned Read only
    One of the issues may be that you are dressing in and using your wives clothes and belonging. That?s a HUGE no no!
    NEVER use anyone?s things without their specific permission and approval.

Jodi -- checked it out on Maurice site -- totally adorable! Now for you to find a way to share a pict of you in it!

It may be a while. 1. Don't get to dress very often. 2. I haven't been on the forum long enough yet to post pics. Maybe one day, who knows.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-28-2022 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

Silver Member
    Great story, and its one I'm very familiar with. Early on, my wife confessed, she would rather see me dead than in a dress, so my choices were limited. So I shopped on my own, sometimes dressed, sometimes not. I found all the stores were very supportive, but one in particular was amazing.

The first time I walked in, there was only one SA in the store and no customers. I later learned she was the store manager, and one of the best. She asked me, "How can I help you?" I had prepared a ready answer in case I got too nervous. "Do you have dresses in size 20?" Although she had never had a CD customer before, she recognized right away that I was shopping for myself.

"OH!" She exclaimed, "Right over there. Just let me know when you need a fitting room." Thus began a terrific seller/customer relationship where they learned exactly what works on me and they taught me everything they knew about putting a dress or skirt on rather large male body and making it look presentable.

Maybe I've said too much. But I want you to know how valuable it is to become a regular customer at a shop you trust. The store you described sounds like a very good candidate. I hope you develop that relationship. It's experiences like that that will build your confidence. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's unsupportiveness. I hope that changes.

I?ve always wondered if Maurice?s was cd friendly. Now that Dress Barn and Catherine?s / Lane Bryant are gone, there are not many stand alone stores anymore.

Maurice's, Catherine's, Cacique, Lane Bryant, Dress Barn, Ann Taylor, Loft, and Justice were all owned by Ascena until recently. Ascena went through bankruptcy, some of the brands were closed, some were sold.

I have always had a great time shopping at Maurices dressed. My favorite has to be the time I came in on a Saturday morning. The only employee was the manager. She asked if I wanted to start a dressing room. I said sure. After walking around a while looking at everything I walked over to the dressing room where she had my name written. Inside were lots of clothes she thought I might like. I thought angels were singing when I looked inside. All of here picks were so cute and nearly all were able to be mixed and matched. I spent hours there trying on everything. One of my favorite CD shopping trips of all time!!

Idaho still has Lane Bryant stores open.

Lane Bryant still has stores in Louisiana and Texas, although some locations did close about a year ago. I was there yesterday for the "Lane Bryant's panties half off" sale.