Thread: another milestone

another milestone

Actually just another baby step toward going out into the world. Tuesday night I did my nails (Sinful Shine 2655 - "Pragmatic") and they turned out pretty good (see photo below) so I didn't want to take it off before going out with my wife all day Wednesday. (I was underdressed with panties, cami, and "women's" socks, but aside from the nail polish, drab on the outside.) So we went on a short hike in the morning, had lunch at a small sandwich shop/bakery, went to a used book store, and finally a late afternoon movie. I was very nervous about being noticed and stared at, so most of the time I hid my hands by curling my fingers up with the thumbs inside, or putting them in my jacket or pants pockets or up in my sleeves. But when I was eating my sandwich I couldn't hide them, and I did get some glances from two older women sitting across from us, though they didn't say anything. But when I went back to the counter to buy a loaf of bread to go, I didn't try to hide my nails at all. I'm sure the young guy behind the counter saw them and had no reaction at all. In fact, I think the young person who took our order was a trans woman, who also saw my nails briefly, obviously wouldn't care, so the whole lunch scene was a "victory" for me! Similar experience when I paid for an item at the book store. Young woman, who had to see my nails when I put my card in the reader, no reaction. The younger generations are so lucky they can do whatever they want! The movie theater was a somewhat different story, as I passed by several older (50+) men who I just hid my hands from - too scared to chance some kind of negative reaction. In retrospect, I shouldn't have cared. Well, next time.....

Interesting coincidence - Wednesday night my wife and I watched Tuesday night's Jimmy Kimmel show that we'd DVR'd and one of the guests was Randy Rainbow, who was in male clothes but had his nails painted a very attractive blue!
    Attached Images Attached Images

We all start our journey somewhere. Do you have any plans to progress further or is it play it by ear?

Larissa, Gorgeous nails! I love the light purple, did you do them yourself, they look professional!
    Crissy

Nice looking nails Larissa. Just the right length and shape, lovely color so neatly done - a real pro look - such artistry!

Larissa, Your nails look great. Sounds like a great day.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Your nails look nice and I love the color!

The younger generation seem to be much more tolerant, but I just wish they would take more of an active drive to protect their rights and protect the planet

Pretty nails

I did my own nails a few days ago. I still have the polish on them. The color that I thought was pink is really very close to my natural nail color, a slight shade of pink but with some shine. The polish makes my nail stronger. I have the tendency to split a thumb nail and I think it is protecting them as they grow out.

My toes are the same color as you show now. Have fun.

Natalie.

Very pretty nail, too! Your hands look a lot like mine (my fingers may be a bit longer) and I have wondered about the nails. If everything ever really came together for me, I am thinking about some kind of removeable nails. I do like that color!

Thanks, girls, for all your nice comments!

Helen - Play it by ear, but seriously considering going to the Espirit Gala in Washington State in a little over a week. At least there I'd be among my peers and more comfortable than out in the general public. If I do go, I'll defnintely write about it here.

Crissy/Kris - I did them myself, and applied two coats. I did make some mistakes and had to re-do a couple of them.

Natalie - I still have mine on too, after two days, and they've started to chip. I guess only princesses who never have to DO anything can keep perfectly polished nails longer than a few days! One of my fingernails tends to split, so I almost always use the Sally Hansen hardener (clear) on it, then add a colored polish if doing the rest of my nails. Haven't done toes yet, but I've wanted to and probably will soon. I have a light pink polish too, and had it on once when some relatives came over briefly a few months ago. Much easier to hide than the lavender/lilac color I have on now. (It's actually much brighter in sunlight!)

Geena - Sorry you have "old" hands like mine! I haven't played with removable nails, mostly because my thumbs are very wide, and I think it would be hard to find ones that fit. Also, I've read here and elsewhere how much trouble they can be, especially taking them off. But they do look sexy, so I might try some day. If you do, please post a photo!

I never heard it described as "old hand," but I guess you're right, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sheesh, I seem to be getting myself in trouble all over the forum! Sorry about that - no insult was intended - I've never seen your hand...though it does look like mine with slightly longer fingers!

Nice color! I love pink and purple. Haven?t really consider doing color on nails?due to working with hands, my nails never seem to grow more than 1/16 inch.

Thanks! Those are my favorite colors too - for nails, clothes, lips (well, second to red for lips!). I hope you get a chance (perhaps toward the end of a vacation?) to paint your nails with a pink or purple polish. Post a picture if you do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    I did my own nails a few days ago. The polish makes my nail stronger. I have the tendency to split a thumb nail and I think it is protecting them as they grow out.

Natalie.
    My wife got a pedi a few days ago. The color is "hot mess" which is orange to me. Love it!!! Anyway, I think the next time she gets a mani I'll ask to tag along to get one, too. I'd have it done in clear so as not to shake my wife up. The index and middle finger nails on each of my hands split constantly. This may be a reasonable solution as well as helping me feel my feminine side in an additional way.

Larissa, nice job taking this step. Every step forward is a victory.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Thanks, Heather. There are times when I just want to express my strong feminine side, and I don't care what anyone else might think of me. But when I get out there I'm very nervous and self-conscious. As others on the forum have noted, the more you do it, the more comfortable you feel. I'm looking forward to getting to that point, but it will take time. I'm especially concerned about being seen by people I know, so I should go somewhere far away where that's not likely.

My wife doesn't paint her nails, except toes in summer when she wears sandals a lot. So you're lucky you can tag along with your wife to get a professional mani! Let us know how that goes.

As Helen Highwater said, "Play it by ear."

My next milestone is to get mine pierced. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.