Thread: I got checked out

I got checked out

My wife uses my dressing to her advantage at times, she hates putting gas in the car so she tells me if I want I could get dressed and go.
    I usally go to the same gasoline station, but when I got there it was closed under construction and now I would have to find one that I will feel comfortable with. I was driving around looking for a gas station with 1 pump per lane so I don't get anyone in front or behind me. I finally found one and it was a more modern one and the gas pumps are very thin and smaller. I felt comfortable with the surroundings and I wore my mask to feel more relaxed and I used all the experience of red flags that I learned on this site. I started pumping and a car came in on the other side of the pump, I heard it was man talking on the phone. I seen a shadow hovering over me and moving around, I didn't want to turn around so I stepped over the hose to put myself more in the middle of the car and more hidden behind the pump. I seen the shadow moving but then I realized I got a reflection off the car of the man and he was going out of his was to stair at me. My heart started to pump faster and he didn't realize that I could see him and he was checking me out. He was a middle aged man and I could see his eyes running up and down my body and just like most men they don't care much about the face. I wasn't sure if he knew I was a man or if he thought I was a woman but I heard the noise of his pump handle snap meaning his car was full, but instead he just stood there stairing at me up and down. I have never been in a situation like this a million emotions ran threw my head, I felt fear of why he wasn't attending to his car and what he was up to but also excitement of watching his eyes running up and down and confused wondering if he thought I was a women or not.
    When I finished pumping and I turned around to finish my transaction I still kept an eye on his shadow to make sure he wasn't up to something. When I finally got into my car and feeling safe I got this feeling of excitement, something I never experienced before, so many emotions. I was just happy to get home and I told my wife and she explained how women do dress for attention and at times like what happened to me tonight is when they don't want it, it could be scary at times.
    Sorry it was so long to read I just wanted to share my emotions as much as I could of something I never felt before.

Maria,

Oddly enough, even though I wear very daring attire to bars and clubs, I do not like pumping gas en femme. You have to remember that people treat their vehicles as their own personal space - space that they may feel you are invading. That can be a risk for the non accepting types. I recall you had some other incident a while back but I do not recall the details now. It would be good if you could make a trip to somewhere you know would be full of accepting people so you can relax instead of getting hit with adrenaline from the uncertainties of the situation.

Sandi

Yes, guys will check you out.

A gas station is relatively safe because everything is on video.
    Much safer than some of the other places CDs go.

Marion

Platinum Member
    Now you know how women feel when they go about their day doing ordinary tasks. Since he did not make an verbal communication you really do not know if he was approving or disapproving of what he saw.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U missed an incredible opportunity, Maria! It was just the 2 of u alone. If I noticed someone staring at me with no crowd around?

I would have asked him/her what they thot?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Maria,

I was in a similar situation once and it really creeped me out. Then I realized what a jerk I was my while life.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I can only imagine the conflicting emotions you experienced. To have a guy checking you out could mean you're looking good en femme. It could mean he's figured you out and is expressing disdain. But, if I were you, I'd believe I was looking good and he was appreciating me. After all, that is somewhat the goal - to look good.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Yes, there are levels of being checked out. The two Heather has mentioned, the first of which can be rather nice but both of which can make one quite self conscious. Both are harmless in and of themselves, but then there are the predatory levels of both.It's those predatory levels that can prove dangerous, and the fact that you have experienced the emotions that go along with both give you a small indication of what all women must contend with on a regular basis. So a double edged sword, this being checked out thing.
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 05-01-2022 at 01:12 PM. Reason: added material

You saw a shadow checking you out? After filling his tank, a CC transaction can take a little time. Unless severely ill, why are you wearing a mask?
    Putting the 'Fun' back in dysfunctional.

Sounds like you let your mind get carried away Maria.
    He did nothing wrong and never approached you.
    Its good to be aware of your surroundings but being scared is not good and makes you a target.

I would have felt scared, too. I think the thing to do in a situation like that is to get finished up ASAP and get out of there -- or if it doesn't seem possible, to go inside the station and ask the clerk to call the cops if the fellow doesn't leave.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Well, there was no interaction so you cannot tell what was going on for certain. The important thing is that nothing happened. Just to make it a fun memory, think of it as being checked out like a guy would check out a woman. BTW, were you wearing something particularly feminine? If so, I think he may well have just been enjoying the view.

Maybe he was in the closet and was trying to pickup some pointers from you?

When I went for my makeover, I went to Target to go shopping as Linda. I wore a mask while in there but I heard someone whistle at me. I felt flattered but didn't react or look around for where it came from. I then went for some gas and filled up the car while not wearing the mask. No reaction from anyone so I felt comfortable while there. However, situations like yours gives me more empathy for what women have to endure everyday. For us to be "checked out" is really a thrill but it can also be a bit nerve racking as well. I would have looked him in the eye to see what he was actually doing over there.