Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often does it happen?

After all the years I?ve dressed, yes, there are ebbs and flows and I just go with them. The fact I underdress daily helps deter any blue funks. My wife has noted this phenomenon and has asked me about it. I just smile.

Yes, the urge does come and go for Jenn. Lately its been really strong. I do sometimes go ahead and dress if the opportunity presents itself even if the urge isn't strong that day. Probably just because I don't know when the next opportunity will occur.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

The crossdressing urge definitely comes and goes for me. It seems to depend on how engaged I feel with my "normal" life. It never goes away completely, but if I'm on vacation, say, there's less of an urge.

In talking with my therapist, I've come to the conclusion that it's kind of a "place" for me to escape when life feels too humdrum. When I dress up all the way -- wig, makeup, etc. -- I feel a high that is more powerful than anything else I have ever experienced. If I'm able to do it over the course of a few days, then the intoxication scales back to a happy feeling of well-being even though it's become routine. And I have never been glad when the end of a period of dressing up arrives.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Definitely makes me feel good and if I?m depressed which happens a couple, few times a week, my depression lifts and it makes my day better. I enjoy the full trip, but frequently only dress partially.