Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did being dressed in my sisters party dress at 6 cause me to be a CD ?

Robbie, are you serious about finding the origin of your CDing ? If so, go see a therapist instead of asking us ! Maybe he will help you finding a few pieces of the puzzle

The deciding event was, after playing outside in the cold, my male genitals basically shrank down to nothing, so I had to pee sitting down. The older boy saw this, and remarked that perhaps god made a mistake, and I was supposed to be a girl; in this way, he was getting me used to not having a penis, so I'd be ready when he 'fixed me'. The boy then brought some of his younger sister's clothes for me to try on, of course they fit, and after putting them on, I saw myself in the mirror and I looked just like a little girl. The shock of this, and his continued reasoning that I was supposed to be a girl, was the inspiration that kept me crossdressing, which inspired lots of other 'feminine' behaviors. And perhaps when that happens during those developmental years, it becomes permanent. So I still feel like I'm a girl, waiting to become 'fixed' into a woman, so only girl clothes feel normal to wear, even though I know none of it's true, the feelings remain.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Between 3 and 5 I remember dressing in my mother's Merry Widow which was left on the attack stairs which were in my bedroom. I just felt a need to try it on and the feeling stuck.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It's the reverse for me. I knew I was supposed to be a girl, so I found opportunities to dress the part... even though fear of the consequences had me trying to hide it.

For the OP - I don't believe that the experience would have "stuck" if there wasn't something already within you that was waiting for that "OH YEAH, THIS IS IT!" moment.
    Last edited by SaraLin; 05-06-2022 at 06:09 AM.

I have always heard the LGBTQ community maintain that "born this way" is the only explanation. I have my doubts because, mathematically, few things in nature have a simple, 100% definition. I assume that there are at least some people who have a different explanation. There must be. When it comes to crossdressing, I really doubt that it is something to be born with. My gut feeling is that I have some more generic tendency that latched onto women's clothes in my brain at some later time. My primary assumption is that I have a strong appreciation for silky fabrics. Eventually, I tried on slips and pantyhose and felt the silky result. Later, throw in some puberty and something like an addiction and an obsession grew out of it.

But, I don't know any of this. The amount of work it takes to even get close to finding answers to these questions is quite large. And, no one ever does the work. People do "research" in order to graduate, but a lot of it might actually be bad information. The older I get, the more I realize that most of what I have been told in life is inaccurate generalities. Basically everyone says: "I saw a pattern and I made up a set of absolute rules to explain stuff."

Perhaps that sentence explains everything I believe and expressed in this comment. ...but I DO love crossdressing.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

For me being put into a girls bathing suit by my sister and her friend when I was about 6 or so started me off. Next was underwear, bras, skirts and shoes eventualy makeup

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    "My mother, and Aunt kept saying how adorable I looked and that maybe I belonged in dresses. "
    "I just rememeber just how much fun all the women were having at my expense my sisters wouldn't leave me alone !"
    I think these two quotes some up the positive reinforcement given to you in a dress. It may have left a lasting impression in your mind.

I am pretty sure I was born this way.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    "My mother, and Aunt kept saying how adorable I looked and that maybe I belonged in dresses. "
    "I just rememeber just how much fun all the women were having at my expense my sisters wouldn't leave me alone !"
    I think these two quotes some up the positive reinforcement given to you in a dress. It may have left a lasting impression in your mind.
    Yes, I think you are right ! I was surprised at how I looked dressed as a girl but was even more surprised with how filled with joy all the females were about seeing me in frilly girl clothes !

I would think at the time it was traumatic event for you. In retrospect it appears to be different. It is difficult to say if this was the trigger for future dressing events. Do you at this time enjoy dressing and the pleasure that it brings? Crossdressing for me has been the one constant in my life and even though I did not have an event like yours, I am so enamored with dressing like a girl.
    Love, Sabrina