Thread: Inflation taking its toll

Inflation taking its toll

Usally I'm out on my Friday night drive at this time. The price of gas in TO is $1.94 a litre, a little to much for a joy ride. I can't justify it, I don't get out of the car and just drive around but it is great to just express myself. Now I'm just sitting outside thinking of a new way to express myself, or a cheaper way. Another hurdle to jump.

Gas prices in my neck of the woods is at an all time high at $4.39 a gallon. Sam’s club is $4.32 so not much better.
    Crissy

What a shame some of us only have precious times to become who we really want to be and to have inflation strip that from us and have those lovely legs stay hidden is such a high price to pay.

Maria, May I suggest an electric vehicle (EV). It's the way I"m going.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yeah! Not like fem clothing was cheap to start with. Guess its time to buy a new pair of fem sneakers and start walking? Cheaper, better for the environment who couldnt use a little more exercise?

I remember inflation from the 80s when my mortgage was 19%. Gurus still say inflation will wain by midsummer. Inflation does not bother me as much as the stock market tanking. Hope it hits bottom soon and creates some buying opportunities, enough to offset my losses and inflation! Sigh. Till then may have to stop buying new bras and start shopping at thrift stores.

Think yourself lucky, Ive just done a conversion, the equivalent price for fuel in the UK is $8.4 a US gallon !!!!

Not quite. 7.20/US gallon.
    3.785411784 liters in 1 us gallon@1.94/gal
    == $7.1922823896

EV's don't save after factor in battery replacement, time lost charging, additional costs for charging, and higher costs for raw materials on environment.

Here in Calif, green equals the new brown. Browned out land and just announced today they did not plan for higher electric usage, so expect rolling blackouts/brownouts.

It's just the cost of entertainment. Which would you rather have a drive, or new goodies?

Heck try $2.98per liter in New Zealand.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni in nz View Post
    Heck try $2.98per liter in New Zealand.
    Yes but NZ is so beautiful an island, that it is worth every cent for the privilege.

Think the idea is to price everybody out of cars and on to green public transport. The cost of EVs in the UK is double that of petrol and diesel vehicles. The thrift and charity shops are the answer for our purchases. But inevitably they will also put up their prices.Creative accounting and budgeting will be required.More dressing in the same clothes at home is better than nothing.

This thread has turned into a fuel price thread. No longer any CDing content. If you want to talk fuel prices, please start a new thread in the Lounge.

Closing now.