Thread: More thoughts-Mothers Day!

More thoughts-Mothers Day!

I work in a nursing home/assisted living! A lady from a church came in with her daughters and passed out roses to the mothers there! I was given a rose!!!
    I had mixed emotions on that! I am not a mother and never will be! But the gesture was very nice! Lots of emotions with this one! Acceptance on so many levels!
    What are your thoughts/opinions on this?
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It was a lovely gesture. I think the intentions were honourable.

Thoughts - were you clocked? Did you mention that they were from a church for a reason?
    Opinion - I agree that you should be very happy with their level of acceptance.

Always accept a gift given with love (I am sure this was)

Yesterday, one of my Facebook friends shared that the word "mother" is also verb, and that mothering is about far more than giving birth. I believe the lady from church, and her daughters, truly get this.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    That was a very kind gesture on their part and accepting the rose honored their thoughtful generosity.
    My kids all accept and support me in my transition, but they still prefer to refer to me as "Dad". It's not just habit nor is there a negative tone to it. They still love and respect my late wife, so "Mom" and "Mother" belong to her and probably always will. We both shared the caregiving from the moment we decided to adopt them and there were very few things one of us did the other couldn't do. But it was all parenting and the titles we carried became etched in their minds and hearts. I probably couldn't change it if I tried.

Sarah, I gave up trying to stop my children from calling me "Dad"! I just accept it and go on!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I have a trans friend, she likes to be referred to as mom, and wished me happy mother's day. I personally prefer to be called dad and celebrate the Father's Day. With that said, on numerous occasions, some of my daughter's teachers/coaches called me her mom when I pick her up. It is not worth correcting people all the time and we often just roll with it. But when I am asked point blank - are you her mom, I say - I am her dad.

This came up with my wife on Mother?s Day. We both agreed I would always be Dad. I just don?t see my self as a mom maybe it?s because I started transitioning when my kids were grown. I could never replace her as there mother and I am happy to be ?Dad?

Not sure how i missed this thread but Shannon Michelle’s comment above could have been written word for word by me. Funny because Shannon and I have joked in the past that we’re twins separated at birth.

My late stepsister would occasionally receive flowers at church by well meaning organizers but she never had children. In fact she never got pregnant. Not having children was something she and her husband lamented. I think often time well-intentioned well-wishers assume a woman of a certain age has had children.

Coincidentally, today is Father’s Day and I’ll be soon receiving calls from my siblings and funny cards from my kids and wife. I’m looking forward to it. I put in my time as dad and it’s part of my history.

Happy Father’s Day to those of you on this board who still claim the title dad.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I heard a funny Mom/Dad story. It was told by a trans woman.

She was in Costco with her young son. He wanted to taste one of the food items that a Costco was handing out. The Costco employee said that he would have to ask his mom for permission and she pointed to his "mom".

The boy said, and I quote, "That's not my mom. That's my dad. He used to be a boy and now he's a girl." He said it loud enough so that everyone around could hear what he was saying.

True story. Told by the "mom" as a speaker at the Keystone Conference one year.

The mom is Amanda Simpson, the first openly transgender woman U.S. presidential appointee.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-19-2022 at 09:26 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.