Thread: I had to laugh!

I had to laugh!

"After you, Sir!"
    "No, ma'am, after you!"
    "Huh?" ... but I went first.

There I was, working in the opportunity shop this morning, when an older couple walked in and the husband bumped into me, sparking the conversation.
    I was dressed in jeans, an industrial strength t-shirt and a regulation blue Covid mask.
    I was surprised to be mis-gendered!

A few minutes later, the gent returned and apologized, telling me he had not been wearing his glasses. All he could see was my masked face and hair, which admittedly is now shoulder-length.

I assured him that I had not been offended; that, in fact, I had found it amusing.
    His wife told me she had not been confused!

So there you are. It had nothing to do with the clothes!

Good story

"Why apologise, you don't think I'm a man do you?" said with great indignation. You could have really messed with is head.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I quite often mistake men with long hair for women from behind. And, that's with my glasses on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm skinny and fairly short, and I generally keep my hair long, so I've been called "ma'am" on more than a few occasions while in male mode. It's always good fun

Have fun with people! when they see that we have a funny side to our lives it makes all the difference
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Helen, ladies don't do that!
    Doc, this was a full frontal, close encounter; and both my t-shirt and covid mask were blue.
    No excuses.
    Bobbi, I so enjoy working there and having fun with the customers.

Good story Gale. What's the moral of this story ? People who forget their eyeglasses are CDs best friends

I've had long hair most of my life. No one has ever confused me for a ma'am.

I got the sir ma'am sir sorry ma'am sir ma'am thing today too. The poor woman was all flustered.i said no worries ma'am is good.

And from the back I have been known to confuse women for men, especially if they are dressed in a more male fashion. Hmmm. Something to think about. They turn around and "Ooopsie."

I get called a woman or lady fequently. I have long hair below the shoulders and when my wife and I are out we are often greeted by "ladies". Pisses my wife off something fierce. Of course it doens't bother me, I actually kinda like it. I keep asking her what the big deal is, it just upsets her. It's kinda like wearing a red shirt and khakis to Target then getting asked if you work there.

Question though, why do people get so upset when they are mis-gendered? For me to be upset at being called a women/lady is like saying being a woman is abhorrent, disgusting or that women are less than. If we consider the opposite sex as being equal, then what does it matter if someone accidentaly mis-genders us?

Honestly, I know that this/we are confusing to a lot of people, so call me whatever you want, sir, ma'am, he, she, they, them...whatever. I just don't really care. That happened to me at a Ann Taylor store. I was dressed with makeup on and she called me sir, then tripped over herself apologizing. I told her that it was fine, whatever she was comfortable using was fine with me.

Don't recall being misgendered since going 24/7.
    Is it because of my hair, clothes or booty? Who knows but thank you HRT.

You can choose to get upset or you can choose to have fun. I really think this is what they mean when they say happiness is a choice.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.