Thread: Doors opened for me and the next best thing to being called Mam

Doors opened for me and the next best thing to being called Mam

This happened a few days ago, i needed a new primer pump for my lawn mower and went to an agriculturalo mechanics shop as I got to the door it was opened and held open for me to go in, it was such a lovely feeling to have this happen to me.
    Well I am Bobbi as you all know but there are variations Bobby, Bob,Bobbie all abreviations from the full name Robert and Roberta the female version.
    I had a problem with my bank account and went to the bank to get it sorted out it was then whilst the assistant was putting in my name details and verifying them that he said ROBERTA!! I said yes of course every day!!!
    I then finally came to realise that yes here I am and accepted as I am without any problems attached.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Isn't it wonderful? I have experienced this a few times, mostly coming from people much younger than I am. Kindness is powerful.

Hi Bobbi, Congrats! I am very happy for you! They may seem to be small things but not to any one of us
    Crissy

Yes, yes, yes. Such a wonderful thing, my friend. So happy to hear that is happening for you more and more. I could almost say you have arrived but that would be inappropriate because only you can determine that.

I think Bobbi is nice and casual but I also like Roberta. Nothing wrong with feminizing a male name. And I think Roberta fits you just as well as Bobbi. Some women partially masculinize their female name: Geraldine becomes Jerri or Geri which when spoken sound like Jerry or Gerry which are men's names. I have known a couple of those; none had any gender reversal but they preferred it. When I was quite young people called me Markie which is a feminine variation on Mark (like the actress Markie Post). I still like it. But I don't think that was a trigger for a partial gender switcheroo.

Bobbi, That's wonderful. I'm glad you are finding acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    It's nice to have a male name that can be feminized, Robert to Roberta; then having a nickname, Bobby, et al. I have a friend who has a name that is masculine and feminine, Terry. It is nice to read you have acceptance. It would be great if there was universal acceptance.

It was wonderful and it has taken the best part of 3 years fir this to happen, I am looking forward to the next time?

Bobbi, I love to hear stories like yours. Acceptance can never be a bad thing. It is what we all hope for. You go girl. There is unlimited acceptance out there for you.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Very nice Bobbi! That hasn't happened to me yet but I can imagine what a lovely feeling it gave you.

I keep thinking of thes wonderful moments and how the level of acceptance has changed, in my case for the better. The thing is people see me for what I am, not dressed to attract attention but dressed sensibly., going about my life. i shall remeber thes two occasions for a very long time.

Bobbi,

Lovely story. It is often the little things in life that mean so much. I was leaving a hotel a couple of years ago while enfemme and a kindly gentleman held the door for me. It does wonders for your confidence and self esteem.

I'd like to have a bank card with a femme first name but money laundering rules have stopped me in the past.

Helen, Thank you, what happened on these two occasions can be summed up in a dream come true, I never thought this would happen to me and then it did, and I am so pleased

Bobbi, You so deserve these positive things in your life. You are a great representative for our community! Hugs, Crissy
    Crissy