Thread: Purging II

Purging II

Whether you purge, or do an inventory reducetion, what do you do with your excess?
    I have put some things into goodwill. or Salvation Army collection drop boxes.
    I always wonder, when I drop off my stuff, if there are other CDers out there who could have used some
    of this size 20-22 stuff. Size 11 - 12 shoes too. Closet has gone from overflowing to 3/4 full.

Time to go shopping.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 05-12-2022 at 11:27 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I also move clothes that I no longer use. I donate to Goodwill also.
    It is great having more room. Right,?

Seems like there could be an opportunity here. If someone with time and website knowledge (that rules me out) were to make a goodwill page of sorts here on this site, or another CD site, where we could post pics and descriptions of clothes we're planning on giving away for others to browse through. I take a pic of a skirt I'm getting rid of, with size, measurements, etc, along with a deadline of when it's going to the real Goodwill, you let me know you want it, pay for shipping one way or another, I send it to you. Perhaps the site gets 10%, or whatever.

Just a thought, since it's hard for many of us to shop, it's hard to find clothes that fit many of us, and we spent way too much money on this crazy hobby anyway.

Now extrapolate this behaviour to millions of people (it is not just CDs who do this) and you get an idea of all the unworn clothing that is just sitting there as manufacturers make more.

Can you imagine a national clothing purge day? The treasures that would become available! All those outfits bought for one event or simply because they were pretty would have the chance of being worn by someone who wants them.

It is better to have a manageable wardrobe of things that you love and will wear versus a galaxy of choice that is in danger of coalescing.

I found a consignment store near me and she loves getting plus sized clothes and shoes. I don't make much but it pays for the occasional dress or top. She emails me when she gets things she thinks I might like.

I typically give my old excess clothing to Goodwill or the local city mission thrift store. There is also a free store in Braddock that we give things to. When I down sized my wig collection from 60 to 5, I gave them away to girls who did not have any or wanted new ones. A couple were done by raffle on this forum. Guess the mileage on my truck. Lol. I covered shipping. Long long time ago.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I remember, Karren, when there was a "For Sale" section here. And, a T girl across the country sent me several wigs and I only paid her for the shipping costs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Those were the days! I have traded clothing and borrowed shoes for a wedding photo shot from girls here.

Platinum Member
    My wife and I do not donate our used/no longer needed clothing to Goodwill. It irks me as to the salary of the Goodwill top CEO. There is an American Cancer Society shop in our city that is run totally by volunteers. When my wife donated about thirty plus vintage negligees to it she did check on the sales prices when placed on the sales floor. Someone on staff researches on-line sites such as ebay to gauge a reasonable price. That precludes "pickers" hitting racks to make a quick buck. There used to be, and, maybe there still is a battered women's shelter that accepted gently used clothing. Too many women escape with the clothes on their backs and have nothing suitable for seeking jobs. As to Goodwill, there is a pecking order; sales floor, poundage and rags. My wife goes through poundage once a week for other types of stuff and an immense amount of clothing never makes it to any sales floor. Hit poundage at Goodwill distributions centers for lots of deals. You have to fight and dig, but, there are bargains. Another disposal method we have is to donate to a local "Buy Nothing Club" which recycles anything and everything.

I have never purged. I have donated my no longer worn clothes to Goodwill and other charity shops.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I usually give stuff away to female friends.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryAverageGuy View Post
    Seems like there could be an opportunity here. If someone with time and website knowledge (that rules me out) were to make a goodwill page of sorts?
    These days you do not even have to be that technical. You can set up a Facebook group or WhatsApp or some such group chat, post pictures and see who bites.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie Mary , I always donate to the Local Helping Up Mission in Baltimore City MD.

Over the past year I went from 3 closets to 1 Closet and I still have plenty of pretty clothes, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

We have most always donated our clothing to our local "clothes closet" where people can select whatever they want/need in whatever quantity they can use. It is free to them. It is definitely intended for those that need the assistance. Like any venture of this type (food pantries come to mind) that doesn't require financial information, there will be abuses. But, we believe the abuse is below 20%; so, that means 80% of the people benefitting truly are in need and that is a worthwhile group to help. I base those percentages on my time (8 years) helping to run a food pantry associated with a clothes closet.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I donate to a thrift store that supports a local women's shelter.

I have to do this periodically to make room in my closet I'm getting ready to do it again as I have no more room.

Purge IIa

With the fuel prices going up again maybe the heads of CrossDressers.Com will re activate the store. By bundle of clothing (not including shoes" is a hefty 43 pounds and maybe 50 items. After I was half way through I thought about taking photos (on where possible). I might do it when I get back from my weekend trip. Or maybe on the second run-through which am considering.
    My shoe size has gone to a 13W on closed toe/closed heel shoes.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

My stuff goes to the local transpride center. Before that the LBGTQIA center. They both have clothing give aways for transgender people who need clothing. I would recommend looking into if there is something similar in your area. Helps those with little means get clothes they wouldn't otherwise have.

That is a good idea Jennifer. Unfortunately we do not have such a place here. By population I live in the largest metropolitan area in Alabama. The Huntsville metropolitan area's population is just 691,723 (111th in the nation).
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

I no longer purge, but if I have a bit of a 'cull' I generally donate my things to a local Red Cross (I buy a lot of things from the same store) or to a local community-care group of which I'm a member. If, when shopping, I buy an item which doesn't fit (I have yet to brave the changing-room scenario) I return it for exchange or refund rather than purging or donating it.

An interesting exception occurred just recently, though. A few weeks ago I came out to a couple of friends - the step-daughter of a good friend (now deceased) and her husband. They were really good with it and, as we discussed it she mentioned not being able to get a comfortable bra which fitted properly. I gave her a chart I'd found, on bra sizes and how to choose the best fit. Turned out she is a 12B/C and I happened to have a nice white lacy 12C from when I was trying (by trial and error) to find my best fit.

It was brand-new and not cheap rubbish, so I told her she was welcome to it if she wished. She happily accepted my offer. They paid a visit just this morning and she thanked me again and said it fit perfectly. Hubby had no problems with her accepting it - many would not generally like 'another guy' giving their wives lingerie, but then, he was fully aware of the circumstances.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 05-14-2022 at 04:16 AM.

I don’t purge, did that once a years ago-never again. What I no longer need I usually take to goodwill drop boxes.

Ugh, to purge is very painful. Painful for the girl and painful for the wallet ask me how I know lol
    I purged a couple times and lost some really pretty things. Replacing shoes, forms, makeup, clothes is not good. You will be sorry like I was. If you just put everything in a box or bag it up just save it all in the attic, basement garage or shed. Having an overabundance of femme things donated is ok though. You still have most of your things and get to go shopping for new stuff!!!! 😃 You know us girls love to shop heehee

I know ow it's a bit late maybe for this time. Perhaps a wo.ams shelter particularly one for those who had to get away. I dont know what is in your area. I just prefer to help the less fortunate then big dollar resale places. Not judging just saying.

I could not just drop them off. I will try again next week when I am back in. I did pull out one of the gowns to keep.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: