Thread: It got to go!!!

It got to go!!!

As I am sitting here at my computer, slouched down and my big belly taking up a lot of space I am reminded that I once said that I would never allow myself to get this heavy. I'm one of the guys that has that classic "beer belly" that get in the way of everything. I can hardly bend over to tie my shoes, get up and down off the floor, find myself short winded and it goes on.
    One of the worst things is when I dress it is harder to have the form I want to be present. Girdle or corsets do little to help this situation. My clothes don't fit right and makes me unhappy and to not want to go out when I do have the chance.
    Grrrr.... I guess its time to get busy with the old exercise and diet routine. Time to tune up the bike and start riding again!
    Oh well, here we go...Wish me luck!! Only 45# to go!

Like I have heard it said..." when the input exceeds the output the excess becomes your outside"

Molly

It has been a tough two years emotionally for all of us with Covid and politics. The war in Ukraine hasn?t helped. It is easy to over eat. When I pass the bakery at the supermarket, the pastries yell out to me ?Take Me Home! I Will Make You Happy?.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    If I get so much as muffin tops on my hips, I stop eating and go far a walk. You know you can do it. Those talking parties are a wicked lot.

I know what you are saying. I kid when I tell folks I need just a touch of sickness to lose my weight and get under 200 lbs. It has been a struggle.

Make a routine that you do every day. When I was working I stopped at the gym every morning for about 30 to 40 minutes. I had 3 or 4 different workouts that worked on different fitness aspects but also kept the workouts interesting. (alas I don't work so I don't work out any more).

Most important, set small, attainable goals. If you can barely run 5 minutes on the treadmill, go 10 even if you have to walk a bit at first.

Finally, smaller portions at meals, cut out the snacks and reduce the beer consumption!!!

Molly,

You've taken the first step by realizing something needs to be done. It's nice to have looking good in clothes as a motivation but don't forget about the numerous health benefits as well. That should help strengthen your motivation & willpower. Good luck!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Diets and exersize don't work for long term weight loss, Molly. Do what I did when I wanted to get rid of Sherry's ugly spare tire!

Over a year, I gradually changed my eating habits. That was over 15 years ago and Sherry's belly is still gone!

Remember, if you're losing one pound a week you're going in the rite direction!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Good luck. You can do it!

Diet and exercise but no need to go wild in the beginning. Make a conscious effort to cut down the intake. We belong to the local YMCA and they can really help getting into an exercise program.
    Just keep focused and it will work.
    Like they say Rome was not built in a day.
    Crissy

I have gained so much weight over the last 4 years due to compulsive overeating disorder.
    Then covid hit and being stuck at home didn't help.
    I am so embarrassed how heavy I have become.
    I hope you can find the motivation to get to the point you wish to be.
    Last edited by TAG; 05-14-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Echoing the need to make this a lifestyle change. Find an activity that you enjoy to be your main exercise so that you stick with it. I love cycling, can commute to work on my bike and look forward to long road rides. Similarly, plan out your menus and make grocery lists to match. It's all too easy to fall off the wagon if you have junk food around the house or fail to eat regular, better considered meals. And by all means, good luck!

Usually very difficult to start and then continue. But your motivation is what helps. What you eat is what dictates how it goes and how one feels. I have hard time with it all. One suggestion, replace a bad habit with another positive beneficial habit.

Good luck, hope you do well..

Jess.

I am happy for you. Take charge and work on weight. It will make you feel better all around. Try not to get too critical on your body looks. We are all beautiful in our own ways.

Best wish we for good weight loss result

Molly, Good luck with your weight loss journey.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I you live in a house with a decent back yard start laboring several hours a day digging a big hole, then fill it back up. Dig another hole; repeat as needed. Quench your thirst with water; no soda or alcohol. Another recommendation is to buy a ruck sack (back pack) and fill it with rocks or weights (add more as you gain strength) and go hiking. This may sound crazy, but, it is based on my military experience. Avoid days of really excessive heat. The excess fat will fall off your body, and, your muscles will tone. Muscle weighs more than fat, but, looks a heck of a lot better.

Molly,

If it is an actual beer belly then stop drinking (see post; Cloud has a silver lining). I would drink 4-6 pints twice a week. The pandemic put a stop to that. Lots of beer stretches you're stomach,bigger stomach needs more food to make it feel full. When I stopped two things happened. One, less calories from the beer. Two, my stomach began to shrink and the large plate of food I'd previously have eaten started to make me feel bloated so I began to naturally eat less so even fewer calories.

It's taken two years but slowly my weight has come down. It hasn't been a struggle. I haven't altered the sort of things I eat, it's just less of it.

The thing that I find most pleasing about this is it's become my new norm and I can see the trend continuing. No conscious effort, it just happens due to the lifestyle change that let's face it, was forced upon me by covid.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I you live in a house with a decent back yard start laboring several hours a day digging a big hole, then fill it back up. Dig another hole; repeat as needed. Quench your thirst with water;

Lol, sounds boring and hard. It will make you work though!

You can do it - the caloric consumption side is the key - go hungry and restrict caloric ontake - it will burn off pretty quick.
    It goes w/o saying thany any sweets, fast food etcc is out - you could live off dynamite spaghetti, onion, pasta & tomato meat sauce , eat like a king and , roast chicken sans gravy and still have a very low total calories.

I have known many people of all ages who succeeded - you can too, the booze has been addressed - and pop is verboten - weigh out 28 - 30 grams of sugar - its a mountain - that's in 1 x 12 oz can - big trouble.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 05-14-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    You can do it. I felt the same way, that I never let myself get fat and recently it was happening. Thirty years and I've been basically the same weight and now it was changing. I'm sure the shutdown added to the problem. I knew I was drinking too much and had been wanting to stop. It's never easy. I guess it's some point the clothes not fitting as well and looking at myself, it all just aded up. I didn't really make a conscious decision to start doing something it just sort of happened. I got sick nothing special but I didn't drink for a week. Then something made me say lets see if I can go 2 weeks. It started the first week of November. 3 weeks later I had to face Thanksgiving celebrations. I challenged myself to not drink and I made it. I can't believe that one. A month later I had to do that again for Christmas. And I kept going. 3 months into this experiment I decided to check my weight. This wasn't really why I started. I was already down about 6 lb. I honestly didn't check my starting weight because that wasn't what this was about. It wasn't even supposed to be happening. I never planned it and I think that's why it worked for me. I also have the mentality of perfection it's got to be All or Nothing not like the type A personality All or Nothing go for it more like if I mess up I give up, whatever it is. I tried drinking somewhere in the 4th month and I've given myself such a complex thinking about it and regretting it and feeling weird over it I don't think drinking will ever be the same for me again. I can't enjoy it the way I used to. it also started affecting me differently. I now feel like crap the next day and it doesn't even seem to get me the same kind of buzz. I'll tell you what gives me a buzz six months later and I'm down 15 lb. I've made no other effort, just stopping the drink. fortunately I have a slim body type. I don't ordinarily eat much crap. Sweets aren't really a consideration for me. The progress is hugely motivating! Once you see changes start taking place you will be motivated to continue. The other morning my belt accidentally went an extra Notch tighter. I wasn't even trying to see if it could go, it just sort of went there unexpectedly. Maybe you think it was different for me, I wasn't that big a drinker. There were times when I couldn't stop if I wanted to. I'd say I'm not going to drink tonight and I would. Some part of me couldn't let it ruin my look which is so important to all of us when we put on the clothes. Speaking of clothes where are those crop tops? Summer is here and I've got something to show off. Hope you find some inspiration to write your own success story.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 05-15-2022 at 06:37 AM.

I lost 50 lbs by changing my eating habits. I got rid of things like candy bars, cupcakes, soda. Also portion control. I try to make smaller portions when i cook dinner. I was trying to do at least a one mile walk in the evening with my dog, unfortunately i have been slacking. If i could cut out the beer, i could probably reach my goal.
    I hope you reach yours!
    Julianna Frances

Best of luck and we will all encourage you keep us posted on progress. It is a hard job. Again go girl go