Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothing style drab vs. femme

Clothing style drab vs. femme

Hi ladies. How different is your fashion between drab and femme. In drab I am a jeans and t shirt guy. Nothing very flashy. My shirts can't be tight. Now flip it to Jade. She is bright pink with lots of leg showing. The bra is snug, the waist clincher tight as it can go. Body con dress no problem.
    I was thinking why is that? The human brain is an amazing thing.

By the way I haven't been able to dress lately and last night the pink fog was bad. Had the house to myself for 35 minutes. I was in my pink skirt and top with stockings and heels five minutes after wife left. Wore it for ten minutes and then put Jade back in the bag. The fog is still lingering. But got to wait it's AC season at work and free time is not available.
    If you buy Craftsman tools instead of DeWalt to match your nails. You might be a cross dresser.

Drab- When I was working I would dress suit and tie every day except when I had to go to the mines. At home and now it is jeans and tee.

Enfemme - when ever I dressed it was to the nines! Makeup, hair, jewelry, lots of lingerie. Going out I dressed not to blend to what the normal female would wear. I do not fully dress that often but usually partly in lingerie every night. Nothing comply at all. Tight, binding, confining, sexy as I can and a little bit kinky as of late.

speling

Timely you should ask that now, Lady. I just got my drab shorts out of winter storage, and I realize that every single pair of them is a worn out or stained disaster. Same with my T shirts. The much more fashionable lady that I am wouldn't be seen in public with me. Lucky for her she stays home most of the time.

The one pair of decent , unstained , presentable shorts I have are Bill Blass Women's. That's what I had to wear to my electrolysis appointment yesterday. I had no choice.

By the way, your signature line cracks me up! I'm sure it's a topic on the job site!
    Last edited by April Rose; 05-18-2022 at 09:28 AM. Reason: unfixable typing disaster
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

In male mode I wear regular or slim jeans with a t-shirt or a shirt and a jacket, and urban, leather shoes. Colors are mostly a black or blue base with some colored top, blue, white, green, pink, purple, etc.
    In female mode it used to be dresses or sweater + skirt with hose, and a long jacket. And high heel shoes or boots. Lately I dropped pantyhose to ease it on my wife and switched to leggings (the pants kind). So it's now legging pants, sweater or shirt, jacket, shoes or boots. Colors are the same, black base (leggings and jacket) and a black, colored or white top. Some jewelry (none in male mode, but used to have some when young). Heels aside, it's office-style attire.

Banned Read only
    I think everybody, whether drab or femme, has their own style. Before I retired I worked in a professional office. The professional environment suggested formal business attire. For guys that usually means white shirt and tie to go along with dress slacks. As a matter of style I never wore a white dress shirt. In fact I had not worn it for so long it turned yellow hanging in the closet. It was color dress shirts which did range from darker fall/winter colors to light pastels in spring/summer. Self expression also showed up in my ties which ranged from multi-color to cartoon graphics. None of that politician look of white shirt, red "power" tie and navy suit. I always chuckle when I see them lined up before microphone. To me it looks like everyone just climbed out of a clown car. On personal time my attire ranged from jeans with casual collar shirt and graphic tee shirts. During the summer it was shorts 24/7 to the extent I have permanent tan lines on my legs.

En femme, it is always a dress. I find the selection of women's jeans to be a co-opting of drab attire. Yes, there are some women's jeans with stylish stitching, but, those are rare. It's seasonal dresses; lots of floral dresses year around. Except for the classic little black dress I do not own very many solid colors. Going back to my elementary school days I always like colors and shapes; artistic displays. I like looking at colorful flowers rather than drab green lawns.

Aspiring Member
    in drab I hate dress clothes (suit, tie...). Jeans, pocket tees and slip-on shoes. In girl mode i prefer dress up type clothes, dresses, nylons, heel, ect.
    I think I am completely opposite from male to female mode.
    Sara

When "I" dress drab, it is for comfort - loose, dark colors, total blend with the surroundings - no one notices at all, the way I like it.
    "Kris" is very much the opposite. form fit clothes, bright, stands out, not with overt sexuality but with style! It does not surprise me at all. "Kris" in many ways is everything I want to be, but my shyness has kept me from being.

I guess I'm not as different as I thought. It just struck me how I hate my shirts tight. But wrap Jade up tight. The tighter the better. LOL. I had every body shaping item I own today when I took the photos of my new hose. Along with my body con dress. No FaceApp today. Quite happy today.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    By the way, your signature line cracks me up! I'm sure it's a topic on the job site!
    The guys at work question why no color on my nails if I don't wear any. As for the matching tool color there is a picture to go with it. My nails were red and my brand new drill in my hand matched. LOL

We are night and day.
    Drab is shorts or jeans and a t-shirt and sneakers.
    Fab is basically whatever. If it's feminine and cute I'm there. I love skorts and shorts and short skirts, midi and maxi and knee length dresses for summer as well as crop pants. I also have my skinny pants and jeans, lots of tops and fancy dresses and LOTS of shoes. My lingerie chest (I built it) is bursting at the seams.
    In terms of numbers Drab - 10% (maybe), Fab 90% for sure.
    I love my life.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My drab fast is just that drab. T-shirt and shorts or jeans. Whereas, Jamie only wears dresses.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have no one to impress so I dress as a slob in drab. My girl clothes are better.

Huge difference, I don't even want to mention or remember my drab clothes.
    En Femme its all about sexy.... short, tight, see through light fabrics.
    I just want to dress 24/7.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    For certain, male drab consists of comfortable front zip jeans or shorts, hiking boots, and cotton t-shirts that are blue, grey or black, occasionally a jean jacket, all monochrome with no designs or patterns. No ties, no buttons shirts. Basic male briefs of black or grey.

Veronica enjoys various colours and hues, heels of different types, skirts, blouses, dresses with solid, floral or decorative patterns primarily of satin but other more stereotypically feminine fabrics. Back/front/side zip, buttons, bows, clasps, turtle necks, cowl neck, snug and loose. Undergarments consist of satin or nylon, countless colours and patterns, lace, same for bras, suspender belts, stockings, slips, camisoles. Satin pjs and sleepwear a must.

Basically all the simplicity of my male wardrobe that I love for not attracting attention would be abandoned if Veronica ever stepped outside. En femme I embrace the variety.

I always joke my Dee wardrobe is Nordstrom, thrift stores, and hand-me-downs from my friend Michelle (and recently from another friend of hers, Marie), while my guy wardrobe is race shirts (runs and triathlons) and Costco.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Yeah, I'm a jeans and t-shirt person in male mode also

There's a few things that carry over, like I love patterns though the types change depending on my mode. But generally I'm a tshirt and jeans or trousers guy and when dressing I'm much more formal. Though I'm trying to change that a bit and dress a bit more casual.

Drab is t-shirts and jeans. The most "decorative" I get is that a lot of the shirts have some kind of graphic on them - like dragons or cartoon characters.

Every day femme is not-too-girly nighties and panties. My wife doesn't like things that are too much, and I tend to agree. In this case, I'm more after comfort than (imagined?)sex appeal.

My wish-I-could-go-out-in outfits are fairly conservative skirts and blouses or dresses. There aren't that many, and the only one that comes well above the knee was an animal print one that I bought to wear under a grass skirt the year I tried to look like a (male) witch-doctor.
    It was fun, but I really don't have the face for it.

Even in drab I generally dress toward the femme side. Jean leggings and a tight shirt. If we are going out with friends, relatives, etc. my wife is a bit more strict. Usually a nice pair of Dockers and, depending on the season, a nice dress shirt or collard t-shirt. When Angela goes out almost always leggings, or tight dress pants and nice femme top.

In male mode I always wear the same thing - a plain t-shirt and jeans. I literally couldn't care less about men's fashion if I tried. When it comes to female clothing though, I love pinks, form-fitting clothing, short dresses/skirts, anything that I think looks cute or pretty. I'm not a fan of anything that looks "****ty" though.

Mari you and I are alot like in our fashion. I really couldn't care less. Most of the time I let the wife tell me what to wear. Just so she is happy with it. When it comes to Jades fashion it has to be nice pretty/cute. And cannot be s****y. A flash of stocking top is sexy but that's as far as I will push it. I tell my wife and my friend Jade is a classy lady and not a s**t.
    If you buy Craftsman tools instead of DeWalt to match your nails. You might be a cross dresser.

Drab: Preppy, conservative Brooks Bros styles, because as a 6'4" 260 pound guy, I simply could never find current styled clothing. So I settled for looking like 'old money'.
    Fem: Teen, 'juniors' section style stuff, as I'm stuck in a female adolescence.... Cheerleader, school uniform, even Japanese Harajuku cute styles. But I really wanna be an AKB48 singer: https://youtu.be/P_5gtK6itrM?t=140

Oh my, how cute! And there are merchants on ebay that will make those uniforms for me!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am more of a not black t-shirts and shorts/jeans in drab and a blouse and shorts/jeans/leggings/slacks/capris at other times. Color wise it's about the same for both styles of clothing. I like my shirts to be different colors.

Very simple for me - in drab mode during the day like several of you I'm a t-shirt & jeans guy, but as Jess I'm feminine as I can be in beautiful/romantic satin/lacy lingerie or satin pjs at bedtime without a care in the world.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I think if you want to blend in more often in every day situations perfecting a more plain fem look can go a long way. Nothing wrong with dressing nice for the supermarket, just know it will get you extra attention and scrutiny.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I thot we were much alike, Jade. Until your last comment!
    ****ty is one my favorite looks!

I know why I dress like crap in drab and hot as Sherry can get when I CD!

I'm not attracted to men. But, I want to see a overtly sexy female in my mirror!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!