Thread: Getting started again

Smile Getting started again

Hi everyone,
    I'd like to start by thanking everyone who has wished me a happy birthday in past years, who I've forgotten to thank for so many kind, wonderful wishes. Thanks to so many.

Next month I turn 66 and I no longer look like I did in my photo LOL. I used to think that as my hair and whiskers greyed, my foundation would give me better cover and the male features would be easier to hide. Well that was a wish that didn't come true! While my whiskers are grey, they still make my makeup look awful after about 6 hours. I dressed at home yesterday after weeks of not dressing at all. I wore a pair of my Gio fully fashioned stockings, waist cincher, padded my bra, wore my knee length, form fitted, taylored, skirt suit, and my 4 1/2" suede pumps. At 130 pounds, I'm still happy with the fit of my skirt suit. I'm 5'8" tall without my heels. My makeup looked awful. And I tried hard! I have thin lips so I used a lot of lip liner to help them look a little bigger and more feminine. It matched my merlot lipstick, but it's all a bit too dark for summer. My shoe size is 8 1/2 and my pumps helped my feet look more dainty. I had no luck hiding the wrinkles in my neckline and none of my jewelry seemed to work. None of my necklaces or dangly pierced earrings looked right. I know I don't pass, but I sure would like to blend again. I guess I need to start all over with some appropriate makeup for my age. I'm anxious to start going out dressed again! I live on a small cul-de-sac, and everyone is away at work most days, so the walk from my door to my truck is worry free. I NEED TO GET OUT AGAIN! Any suggestions on how to look blendable again?
    Last edited by Linda Stockings; 05-19-2022 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Grammer, punctuation

at 130 lbs you have to cinch your waist
    yoga pants, pony tail and baseball cap with a supper smile with a i dont give a hoot attitude should make you blend.

have fun getting out there....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I am not one who dresses to blend at times, but I am very observant. One thing I have found that distracts me from clocking crossdressers is when the CD is with a group of several women - GG women. It seems to be an eye distraction that keeps me from focusing on any one person in a group of 3 or 4. Having a friend to go out and about with seems a good idea - especially if they can tell you what clothing is working for you and what is not.

Of course you want to dress for where you are headed. You can blend with jeans and a t shirt since many women wear those items. Still, you may want to go for more feminine attire if you want to feel that way. That is the tricky part, dressing up feminine but not to the point you stick out because you wore a dress to a park and people are throwing frisbees and such. So to me, it is matching your attire to the venue.

Of course I mostly go clubbing and that is a totally different thing. Haha.

Sandi

At 5'8" and 130 pounds, a close shave, a wig, forms, and feminine outer wear of any kind should let you blend. Not all older women wear makeup.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

If you're out during the day don't worry so much about make-up. Wear sunglasses and lipstick, that's all I do. If you want maybe a little mascara for when you take the sunglasses off.

Thanks for the replies and advice. I think I should probably go to a place like Ulta and if they would show me what colors to use for makeup and how to apply it well. Since I like to present as feminine as possible I generally go to grocery stores, malls, and libraries. I've seen gg women in all types of clothing, makeup and shoes there. My favorites to wear are 3 inch heels, hose, and a business type suit or dress. I have to strain to even think of going out with no makeup.

That no makeup look everyone talks about is the careful application of the correct shades of makeup. Also, you did not mention a wig but choosing a suitable shade for your age makes a world of difference: too vibrant and it will ruin the entire look.

You're very correct, Angela. I've always been told makeup is beautiful. But with the right shades, correctly applied.....less is more.

Thanks,
    Linda

I've decided that genetic women get older too...so embrace it

Platinum Member
    Welcome to the aging process. I have a decade on you. My face has extensive sun damage; not too much on the wrinkles. At five foot eight I suggest getting a nice pair of flats to go with a sun dress. That may reduce the appearance of an overly tall woman. Weighing 130 pounds put you in the light weight bracket as far as I am concerned. Cinch your waist and your figure would be the envy of most 65 year old women. Beard growth? Just suck it up and spend less time out in public during the day and more time at night. I recommend a nice big brim sunhat. To hide neck wrinkles try a pretty lightweight scarf that complements your sun dress and sun hat. I don't know wear you live, but, I am within a short drive to the seacoast where there is plenty of room to walk in the sand and sit on drift logs.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hang in there, Linda! Not everyone is as lucky as me.

I'm 79 but I look EXACTLY the same as when I began dressing in my 50's. Maybe even younger?!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Breaking news: old happens. We don't look like we did 5, 10, or 15 years ago and we shouldn't expect to. We adapt to what we look like now. When I was younger I would wear ****ty trappy outfits with lots of skin showing. Not any more. I can still look hella sexy and hot for someone my age but it would be silly of me to expect to compete w the young girls.

Yes, I agree and am learning how age happens. I need to stop dwelling on how I used to be able to get my makeup and outfits to look decent, and learn how to adapt and compensate for my changes. I can't afford any facial fem surgery. I just need to adapt, compensate and keep being happy.

Thanks,

Linda
    Last edited by char GG; 05-21-2022 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

Check out YouTube videos for ideas and practice….there is fun to be had in practice.
    One of the fun things Sher and I did go to a park downtown nearby where we lived and noticed outfits of picked out what we liked and got ideas this might help with your starting over ….getting ideas .
    Maybe an crossdressing group in your area just to feel confident and safe going out again.
    Enjoy look at it as an adventure.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator