Thread: Unconscious manifestations

Unconscious manifestations

Over the past several weeks/months I have noticed a marked increase in my feminine mannerisms. When I first began dressing it was a conscious effort on my part when I went out. Now the walk is becoming more feminine. The other day I noticed I was playing with my hair. Again not something I did consciously. Just wondering if any of you have had this experience. A few months ago I did come out to myself so to speak and accepted my feminine personal; not as a crossdresser but as transgender.

I have two. I practice walking in a more feminine fashion with frequency, even in male mode. Smaller steps. much better posture, one foot in front of the other. I try to pretend I'm wearing my heels. It's becoming very natural. No one has noticed yet, or at least they haven't said.

While seated, I now try to cross my legs in a feminine way, imagining how they would look in stockings. I think both things are helping my feminine presentation or at least make it easier when I am dressed fully.

And oh yes...my online "window shopping" is pretty much of an obsession now. Does that count?

I'm noticing lately I sit with my legs crossed and my foot pointing forward in a fem stand. My wife made a comment about when I'm cutting at the kitchen I point my foot out in a fem position. I notice when I'm at work or working around the house I'm being so careful not to cut my hands or especially my legs.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I have, personally, never had such tendencies. In fact, one of my problems is that (unless I am alone) I cannot even force myself to do female mannerisms-- Not while dressed, anyway. Seems I can only go so far. Despite how effective I can look, I would make a terrible "female impersonator." (why I don't go out) I think it all comes down to our personal reasons for Cross dressing. I for example, am an "Escapist". I cross dress to "escape" from my RL self.--Like a mini-vacation away from "me", if only for a few hours. It allows me to totally relax and forget my normal stresses of being "Me" and a "male". I become Marina, a totally different person. Of course there is ALSO an erotic bonus and the fun of "feeling pretty", but my primal reason is to "get away from ME". Other people may have other cross-dressing reasons. One being the "Fetish", a big "turn on". Another involves" humiliation /masochism, which also is a big turn on. "The feel of the fabric", "the Challange" or simple "curiosity" are also cited as reasons---and even combinations of two or more. "Escapism", as in my case, is also a big one, but most escapists don't talk much about it.------I think we ALL "FEAR" we might be Homosexual or Transgender, but that is usually a remnant from our early years before we learned the REAL definition of those terms. Cross-dressers, ARE, by definition, HETEROSEXUAL people who psychologically "benefit" from wearing the clothing of the opposite sex. Homosexuals, Transsexuals/Transgender people MAY and do ALSO cross dress, but they have specifically named "conditions" and are sexually attracted to the same bio-sex of themselves. Their cross dressing is secondary to their condition and for different reasons. A "Cross dresser" is hetero, and Cross dressing IS the primary distinguishing factor.

It is quite hard, however, to discover WHY we cross-dress. It took me years to figure it out myself. There are several reasons and we might have more than one. I think a lot of us still feel "uneasy" about our "hobby" and also are "Afraid" of what they will find if they look into it too deeply. (leftovers from initial childhood guilt and confusions , I suppose). If One was actually "Gay" or "Trans", they would know it by now. But there still are "fears and "unease" at some levels. Finding out WHY you cross dress does a LOT to ease those fears, and makes it an even greater experience. Also you can tailor your activities to specifically address your primary reasons for cross dressing and maximize your experience.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 05-22-2022 at 07:30 AM.

I agree, to a large extent with just about all of the above opinions. I've noticed in myself that my motions and mannerisms start to carry-over from being in fem to drab mode. HOWEVER, and this could be an age related thing....unless I stay practiced at dressing, and walking in my heels, I become "rusty" at those skills. My balance becomes off when I first wear my heels for example. I need to learn and practice walking and carrying myself almost all over again. As they say in a lot of things.....use it or lose it.

Yes, I find it that I unconsciously interact socially when presenting female. I'll do something and realized later what I've done.
    It was never this easy presenting as a guy.

Marion

The walk thing people always talk about but 99% of CDers still walk like guys. It is what it is.
    I have been on HRT for quite some time and developed hips and boobs but I doubt my walking gate has changed all that much.
    Last edited by TAG; 05-22-2022 at 12:15 PM.

All the time for me when I'm Jess and wearing lingerie, it's so feminine and girly that I definitely use female mannerisms quite frequently. My boyfriend has even noticed over the years we've been together lol!

This has been going on for yrs.... I start going into natural mode [ girl ] with or without the clothes... till either someone says uhhhh vince u got a whole lot of girl in u... or i pass a mirror and i see the wrong person there....Vincei.... not Niki.... Then i either get embarrassed or go into depression.

hugs

msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I have two distinct modes, drab and femme. In drab I'm stereotypical made in how I move, mannerisms. Put on my femme clothes and that instantly changes. My whole demeanour alters. How I walk, knees closer together, stand, heels together, sit, legs crossed hold my arms and hands, I have the elbows bent at 90 degrees to my body with my hands hanging loosely. As I type this, if I pause for thought, I find I'll hold one hand to my chest just below the throat, fingers splayed. As I'm sat on an office chair my knees are together. Can't have someone looking up my skirt now can I?

These changes have become automatic. No thought given they just happen. Walking in heels is second nature. I guess when you've been dressing for so long it's inevitable that this "muscle memory" happens and I love that.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yeah, sort of. When in male mode I have to be constantly on guard. I must consciously avoid female mannerisms and I must continually ask myself "how would a typical guy react to this situation?" Nothing is natural. When I’m in female mode I can just relax and be myself.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Let?s see? nope! Other than shave my legs, grow my nails longer, grow my hair out, nothing different here! Seriously, I think all the little, and not so little, changes are as enjoyable as the actual dressing! I love all of it!