Thread: Relaxing morning

Relaxing morning

I had no plans for the day so, after sleeping in a bit, I got up and started my morning ritual in the bathroom. Once I got in the shower, I decided to use my epilator on most areas and shave the rest. I took care of my legs, arms, underarms, shoulders, chest, belly, and did a little "yard work" on the front porch. It was a wonderful experience and the first time I did everything at once. I absolutely love how my smooth skin feels and I wish I had discovered this earlier in my life. I don't think I'll ever let it grow out again. After that I went out to run some errands and, wouldn't you know it, I ended up at Ulta beauty. I was still feeling really good so I decided to get myself a few things. I was in male mode as I don't venture out dressed yet but The woman at the Clinique counter already knows me and that everything I buy is for me. She greeted me with "Well hello there! What are we working on today?" I got some new colors of eye shadow and a gel eyeliner pen from her and then I picked up some strip lashes, glue, applicator, and a lighted mirror. If only I had an opportunity to dress today.....Ah well, maybe next week.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Ameejo,

Sounds like a good little Saturday. Though I am very hairy, I haven’t shaved anywhere except my face. It is a pretty big step for me and probably won’t happen until this winter at the earliest, if at all. I see it as a sort of not turning back point, but reading your recent posts about it and from others, it is thought provoking and honestly the topic pops into my head almost every time I shower now.

With regards to Ulta. I haven’t gotten there yet, either. My wife has helped buy a few makeup items for me, but I certainly don’t have much and am still totally new to it. I may eventually get to an Ulta out of town someday and hope to get some professional help or even a makeover, but not in my hometown. Glad you are already there. Congratulations.

Mary loo,
    I was very hairy as well. I started out slowly. After shaving my mustache off, I shaved my upper arms and shoulders. It was barely noticeable. It kind of snowballed from there, Lol!!

As far as purchasing beauty products go, I have found everyone to be very accepting. I think most SAs think I'm purchasing for my SO. I bought some makeup brushes from Sally beauty supply a while back and I went back to get some magnetic lashes to try. The SA recognized me and asked how my wife liked the makeup brushes. I said "Oh no, they were for me and so are these lashes", she got a mischievous little smile and said "Oh, how fun!" I said "Oh yes, I'm having a blast." It's funny that I don't go out dressed and yet I can be so open about crossdressing when buying stuff.

Ameejo,

Let us know/see how the magnetic lashes go. That is another thing on my short list. I haven’t tried false lashes yet, but look forward to it. I was thinking of starting with the self adhesive kind or maybe the magnetic which I haven’t really researched yet. For now, I just want to see the look and won’t be wearing them for any real length of time so I don’t want to bother with the whole glue thing yet.

I have to say though, that when my wife found her eyelash curler and I used that, it was an instantaneous feminine sensation to see my lashes curled and sticking up some. Adding mascara and it felt even better. Granted my eyes get a little hidden by my glasses, and my own lashes of course aren’t real long, but fun, nonetheless.

As I have stated on here a few times now, I am less concerned about interacting with SAs or even a significant portion of the general public, it is people that would know or recognize me that causes the anxiety and staying in the closet.

The magnetic lashes were a dismal failure. After about an hour and a half, I ended up getting one of them to stay on but it was crooked and when I tried to straighten it, it came off completely. I watched more than a few YouTube videos that had women experiencing the same frustrations I had. I just bought some glue on ones and I think they will be fine.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I tried on my new lashes real quick, just to see. I like them! They are Ardell naked lash 420s.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AmeeJo, Nice to see you getting out and about. Shopping in person just adds to the fun as you know by now.
    You should consider getting a pedicure, I know you would love it.
    Crissy

AimeeJo, I had a similar experience with the magnetic lasnes. The ones I had used lashes with thin mag strips that clamped onto your lashes. An hour of total exasperation!!!

There is also a product that uses an eyeliner impregnated with micromagnetic material. I've ben hesitant to try it because everything I read is how hard it is to clean off the eyeliner after using.

Right now I'm looking at a glue for conventional lashes that is applied like eyeliner. Anyone have any experience with that product?

Claire, The ones in the picture are the glue on ones I just bought. They are so easy to do!

Crissy, I want to get a pedicure very much. Unfortunately they are highly discouraged for paraplegics. It is very easy to cause damage that I can't feel, which won't heal properly, and usually leads to infections and other toenail issues.