Thread: Match.com

Match.com

So now I'm divorced. It was final almost a year ago. I've been on some dating sites during that time. I have two accounts, one for my 'guy' self that doesn't say anything about dressing up, and another for 'Tricia'.

I've made some good women friends from my Tricia account. I've met several of them in person. We've shopped, had dinner, gone to church, museums, etc. Lots of fun. They are very supportive.

Two of the women I've met from my 'guy' profile have learned about Tricia. The first was someone I was head over heels for, and she seemed to feel the same way about me. We dated for some time, and I was about to tell her about Tricia, but she unexpectedly ended things with me just before I told her. :\

I was very distraught about it for weeks. I finally asked her if we could meet sometime just to talk. She agreed even though she was already seeing someone else. We met for dinner and I told her all about Tricia. She totally blew me away by wanting to meet me dressed up! So now we are friends, and have hung out with me enfemme. She has been very supportive. Not going to lie, I still have some feelings for her, but that is mostly passed now.

The second woman to find out about Tricia is who I'm dating now. We are really hitting it off. It's kind of a medium distance thing. We get together on the weekends and once during the week. I told her on our fourth date. So far she's OK with it, but doesn't want to see me dressed up. We've talked about it a few times since and I've answered her questions. Things are still going great. The physical chemistry is like fireworks. So I'm hopeful that with time she'll be open to knowing more about it.

Anyway, that's a little of my story of online dating as a CD/trans person. It would be nice to hear other experiences and thoughts about the whole thing?

Banned Read only
    I tried Tinder for a while and got a lot of responses from mostly obnoxious middle-aged men looking for quick, NSA "relief." Gave up after the umpteenth one.

Platinum Member
    I met my second wife via Match many many years ago when it was still a novelty. I confided in her about my dressing early in our dating and she seemed ok with it, but like others preferred not to see it. More than a decade later, my involvement in cross dressing had grown to the point that she could no longer deal with it.

Banned Read only
    The opening lines in my Tinder and Bumble profiles state that I'm bi and non gender conforming, and I have a pic of me dressed and/or at least wearing obvious women's bikini bottoms. I'm sure I get less swipes because of it, but at this stage of my life I don't have time for someone who doesn't want to see or be around my full true self. Most of my past gfs have been enthusiastic supporters of my crossdressing and I just can't see ever settling for anything less than that. I'd rather be single than compromise or suppress.

On a sort of related side note: I just went dress and lingerie shopping with a buddy's gf yesterday. She commented on a maxi lounge dress I was wearing at the pool on Saturday and wanted to get one for herself so we went to the mall together for some girls' shopping fun. Loved browsing through the lingerie talking about what we both liked. All of the women in my social circle are extremely supportive and accepting of me and my gender-bending, so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be up front about it on my dating profiles.

I had two profiles on a dating site. I met my partner of four years with my "guy" profile but I told her about my gender stuff before we met and she has been totally supportive. I have chatted with all kinds of folks with my "girl" profile and met a woman who has become a very good friend and knows me principally in girl-mode. It turned out by coincidence that my dad had been one of her teachers!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The last woman I dated online was the last straw for me. I have Sherry now and that's working out!

But, the last one I did date was very interested in me. After a few dates I could see we were going to end up in bed that nite. But, I tired of being a horn dog, hypocrite years ago. So instead of kissing, over wine at her her apt. I told her. She was shocked speechless. When I got up to leave she finally asked me if that was going to effect us? I said, "No, not at all." As I had already planned on not seeing her again anyway!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. You are definitely taking the right approach in ensuring that the women you date know about this aspect of your personality before any commitments have been made. Good luck!
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

I'm on my own as well, not seriously dating yet till some financial situations get cleared up. Dabbled a bit at Our Time, not yet committed to a full account yet. Never thought about a femme account as I'm not interested in dating men. Meeting other women as friends I hadn't considered as a possibility. Intriguing post, Tricia.

Terri
    Last edited by Terrihoney; 05-24-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    Putting the 'Fun' back in dysfunctional.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Terri, thanks for the question. I hadn't thought about expanding on what my account says...

It set up as "man looking for woman", but it only shows pictures of me dressed up. In my summary I say I'm divorced, transgender but not full time, and mostly looking for friends to go out and have fun with, but open to someone who can accept all of me. That's basically it.

I've met one woman who is very interested in me both as a guy and enfemme. She's very nice and I really appreciate her as a friend, but I'm not at all attracted to her. Just not my type, and it's not going to happen. Even outside of the physical disparity we have too many foundational differences in belief for me to consider a relationship other that friends. So I've made it clear that I'm only going to be a friend to her. She still kind of pushes things further... Ah well... That's who I went out with on Saturday night dressed in the pictures in the first post on my recent post in the pictures gallery forum.

Outside of that I've made a couple of nice women friends who started out by messaging me saying positive things about me being real and authentic, and that it was inspirational to them... that sort of thing. So they've been great friends. We hang out and text and stuff. Talk about dating. One of them got me into false eyelashes. She wears them all the time and is helping me figure them out.

There have been a lot of other women on there that I've only chatted with but haven't met in person. They are interested in meeting as friends but it didn't happen just because of time and distance. Now that I'm dating someone I really don't have the time for additional friends!

So that's more of my experience with match.com so far.

So, you have two accounts, both as 'man looking for woman'. One with guy photos, the other as Tricia. It's nice to have responses from women who know about Tricia from the start. Avoids lots of problems that could arise later on.

Terri
    Last edited by Terrihoney; 05-25-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    Putting the 'Fun' back in dysfunctional.

Yes, two different accounts, just as you described.

I haven't made any "love" connections from my Tricia account. Just friends which is fine. I spent this evening out enfemme with another woman friend. Just two gals going out for dinner. So much fun!

With my guy account, only two of the women I've met have ever learned about Tricia. The first one I told after we had broken up, and she wanted to be friends, so we've hung out with me enfemme. That was really cool.

The other woman I met from my guy account who I have told is the woman I'm dating now. It's going really well in all the normal ways, but she's not ready to learn too much about Tricia yet.