Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What am I?

Question What am I?

Probably the wrong place to post this but please hear me out...

I love wearing women's one piece swimsuits, so comfortable and sexy. I wear just a swimsuit when I am at home and my slippers I wear one under my guy clothes when I go out in public. I have no desire to wear dresses, heels, bras, panties or anything else feminine. I do think that stuff is pretty, just not on me. But if I couldn't have my swimsuits I dont know what I would do. I've loved swimsuits and other spandex clothes since a very young age but grew up in a very conservative family and came out later in life. I'm cis and gay and have a loving partner who supports me with this. I'm mostly comfortable with this fetish or whatever it is, but it still bothers me... what am I?

I'm not trying to offend anyone, just looking for help and wanting to be happy being myself.

Anything you can tell me would be great

If you want to attach a title to what you do, you are a cross dresser with a spandex, or tight clothing fetish.

In the simplest terms, cross dressing is wearing clothing typical of the opposite sex, so you fit the definition.

You are a man who enjoys wearing women's swimsuits. That's what you are. If you need a label, you are a crossdresser. A crossdresser can be anyone who enjoys wearing clothing traditionally associated with the opposite sex. It can be as little as a pair of panties or as much as dressed completely in clothing of the opposite sex and, in the case of men, wearing makeup, jewelry, and a wig (or long hair styled in a feminine fashion).

Regardless, enjoy what you do as there is nothing wrong with it and it apparently makes you happy.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I was just reading a couple lists of the 25 top fetishes. And individual pieces of clothing items including swimsuits was mentioned on more than one list! Just saying.

Thank you, this is the only femme thing I do but it feels so natural.

I don't think this should bother you at all Wendy. I like to wear women's business clothes. You like to wear women's swimsuits. Your SO supports you, so does mine. Our proclivity hurts no one and we are happy. We are both crossdressers, we just favor different stuff.

Thank you Kris, its good to be reminded I'm not hurting anyone with what I choose to wear

I'm a crossdresser but I stick to clothes and underwear. I don't go for wigs and breast forms or make up. There seems to be many types of crossdresser!

There is too little time in life to try to categorize and classify yourself, everyone is unique and some blanket term may not work in all cases. Be happy with who you are. I take solace in the wisdom of Popeye the Sailor, "I am what I am, and that's all what I am."
    Rebecca Bas

Wendy, I started my dressing around 11 with a swimsuit and pantyhose borrowed (= stolen) from my mother. I loved the sensation of my tummy skin getting in contact with the fabric as I drew my breath. That and the feeling of pantyhose over my legs were the original sensations that hooked me as a crossdresser, and I used to dress and lounge like this once or twice a year for the next 40 years, mainly due to not having my own wardrobe and borrowing (stealing) stuff from my wife that was easy to wash and put back. A few years ago, I started my CD wardrobe and got busy with more conventional female attire. But maybe I'll fall for it again during a nostalgic day.
    Just so you know that you are not alone.
    Oh, and I called myself a crossdresser. Of the fetish kind? Sure, why not. But the fetish qualifier in my opinion is misused 90% of the time since people have no clear definition of it.
    Last edited by DianeT; 05-23-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Gold Member
    Who needs a Label, Just enjoy hat you are doing.

I think we spend too much time trying to slap a label on ourselves. I understand the desire to do it. There is a feeling of definition that comes with having a label. A sense of community also. And, we all want that! But, that sense of community can have a dangerous flip side. We see it in our political discourse everyday. And as far as a label defining me, it seems that every time I settle on a label, something about me doesn?t fit the product description! I guess as long as you aren?t hurting anyone,enjoy what you are doing, and feel good about yourself,the best label I could give anybody came from Oscar Wilde. ? Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.?

Banned Read only
    Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Well Wendy we all gotta start somewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.....
    Thanks, Monica, for sharing Desiderata with the forum. I remember it very well from the 70s and had it on a wall poster for a long time. But I've never thought of it as it might relate to my crossdressing. It fits perfectly, not just for crossdressing, but as a philosophy of life!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I was just reading a couple lists of the 25 top fetishes. And individual pieces of clothing items including swimsuits was mentioned on more than one list! Just saying.

Karen you clearly read far more interesting things on the net than I. I was just checking the weather for a walk tomorrow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I would call u, "A beginning CD!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by swimsuitwendy View Post
    Thank you, this is the only femme thing I do but it feels so natural.
    One item is how it started with me, namely a pair of tights.

Then you become curious about other items and your crossdressing can develop very quickly.

Denying it is pointless and it's better to accept its part of you. Explore, relax, enjoy.

Sue.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I would call u, "A beginning CD!"
    This.

Sue.

Thank you everybody, I didn't expect so many responses. I never thought I was looking to label myself but I guess that is what I'm doing. I'll just try being me

You got it, Wendy, just be you. You can be plugged into all kinds of different categories and classifications, but they all have their biases. Some may fit well; others not at all. It is the way Nature is.

Wendy, the best name for you is simply "Wendy." To take it further, if you wish, is to add the title " crossdresser." As you have certainly seen in this forum, that title covers a lot of interests. We are a diverse crowd here in this safe space.

If you need a title, how about "cool?" I prefer one piece female swimsuits when swimming. I don’t like going bare-chested and at a minimum will wear either a tee shirt or a sports bra with my male swimsuit.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by swimsuitwendy View Post
    Thank you everybody, I didn't expect so many responses. I never thought I was looking to label myself but I guess that is what I'm doing. I'll just try being me
    Even if you don't aim to, you will experience mission creep as you try on more items.

You say you won't for now, just one item extra, then one day you stand in front of a mirror dressed head to toe as a girl. The first time that happens, you'll wonder how you got there, but there'll also be that buzz of how good it feels.

Then there's purging, denying before suddenly finding yourself acquiring and wearing more items of ladies' clothing.

You eventually reach a point of accepting its part of who you are and just enjoying it, either privately or going out and about.

But once you try on that first item of ladies clothing, as many on here will testify there's no turning back. I'd advise you accept it as it develops rather than torture yourself trying to deny it.

There's only one on here that has gone off dressing I know of (and he may still come back), however, that was after severe medical issues I'd not wish on anyone.

Sue

P.S. The first time you try on hosiery, you'll know what I'm saying above is true. That's a really nice feeling.

It's the same amongst women IMHO. Some are tomboys while other love to dress up.

Age 4, I was wearing my sisters tutu
    Age 8-14 I was wearing her one piece swimsuits.
    Owned 1 or 2 swimsuits or leotard (when aerobics was a thing) once I started work.
    Had a custom build leotard/swimsuit with long sleeves in my 20's
    Wore them under my military uniform in my late teens and still enjoy them at the age of 57
    For me, it's just about having snug clothing.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

if you love wearing a one piece swimsuit you are lucky to find something easy to enjoy! I too love one piece swimsuits. Love the look and fit. ENJOY!