Thread: Probably already discussed but

Probably already discussed but

Does anyone feel like they go through a psychological transition from male to female when they dress? For me it happens as soon as the first article of clothing is on, for instance my bra and panties and by the time I?m sliding pantyhose up my legs I?m all woman. My mannerisms change, my walk becomes feminine and I start to talk and think like a woman.

Aspiring Member
    Welcome to this site, there is plenty of information here and having been CDing for a many years it has been very beneficial to my journey.

Re: Your post. Sure I feel that way once the dressing starts out, especially when dressed overnight and I think to my self ?I am a woman.?

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I`m in total understanding and agreement. Dress on!

Ashley,

For me, the panties go on first then the bra followed by my breast forms. As soon as the forms are in, Fiona emerges and I feel extremely feminine from that point forward. It's a lovely feeling.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

On the surface this is one of those eye-roll questions that repeatedly pops up. However, the reason we (some of us) dress up is is to reinforce the feelings that otherwise are dissonant with our bodies so we can enjoy the concomitant alignment of id and physical. Well, that’s my theory anyway. So to experience a change in behaviour is not just wishful thinking as you’ve just given yourself permission to do so.

I definitely do Ashley! During the day I'm in men's clothes but I wear beautiful/romantic lingerie to bed so at night when I'm Jess I'm totally female and feminine in the way I act.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    A euphoria that many of us experience

For me, feminine mannerisms seem to begin the moment I begin to apply makeup, which I always do first. Although I could not really say that I am thinking or feeling like a woman -how could I - but by the time I'm fully dressed, outward appearance and mannerisms are in alignment. I don't feel like I'm forcing the issue, and I have no theories as to why this happens - but I sure do enjoy it!

No personality change for me, no dysphoria to realign with, but a definite change of mood. When I dress I am psyched, exhilarated, playful, liberated. I don't know for the first three, but the latter definitely has something to do with the exquisite transgression that the dressing still represents for me. Breaking the taboos, one after another, and enjoying it. Feeling free, feeling good. And all this, with just a few clothes and props. And, of course, some pixie dust from a peculiar corner of my mind.

Ashley, definitely, otherwise many of us probably wouldn't do it! When I had a long weekend last summer, the first thing I did was put on false nails, having that bit extra difficulty factor really put me solidly into the transition. After that, the usual parts of the process were so much more meaningful and enjoyable, I've been trying to duplicate the opportunity ever since. There are the rare occasions where it's only going to be for a short time, trying something on or looking at different combos, where it really doesn't ignite but is more of a set up for next time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're rite, Ashley. There's been countless posts regarding "feeling like a female".

To all of u who post them I always ask, "If you've never been a female how do u know u feel like one?"

Sometimes I think I LOOK like one----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

To a degree, yes as I think of crosdressing as having "girl time".

There's always something that happens that reminds you of your birth sex though. In my case, football. 😀

Sue

I start using feminine mannerisms even before I dress, in anticipation of the wonderful feelings I will have, and the release of all the male tensions and inhibitions.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    No. My mannerisms change and become more feminine, as I understand feminine. But I don't change a jot otherwise. Just me being me, in female atire.

Doc, Your post sounds like an old Jimmy Buffet song (Manana) "Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it ...."

In a therapy session a few years back we talked about this. I will never know what "being a girl" is (not my ocean) so when I dress I feel like "Claire". I can't describe it but its totally different than how I feel in male clothing. But I also take on many many female-like mannerisms.

I don't feel at all like I'm a woman. I feel like a man in women's clothing who simply loves wearing the softer clothing, enjoys how it feels against my skin, and how it looks. I don't change mannerisms so far as I can tell. I'm happy as I can be to be dressed in lace bras, lace panties, stockings, and dresses. I've no idea why I feel so much at peace when dressed; but, I do.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Amen Sweet Ashley.... Happens all the time... although at present i don't have the freedom in my neighborhood to freely express myself.... i cherish those moments i can...

hugs msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Platinum Member
    I really do not feel that I change in any respect physically or psychologically. As a friend once said, you are the same person you have always been, just with nicer clothes.

Welcome, Ashley. There seems to be two overlapping groups in what you are talking about. On the one hand there are those that dress but do not undergo any significant change. The other does what you do. Of course, the boundary is vague and probably does not actually exist in a statistical sense.

The first, in a very general sense, tends to be grouped as the crossdressers. The other group are those that actually undergo a significant shift in their identity which often affects mannerisms and even their mode of thinking and talking. Once gain, in a very general sense, these are those that exhibit transgender characteristics. The reality is probably that neither of these groups actually exist; we see two groups because we humans have this sometimes wonderful, sometimes devilish habit of pigeon-holing people into groups that don't exist.

The truth is more likely to be that it is all a broad and continuously varying spectrum not only between different people but within individuals at different times and circumstances. That is fundamentally how our brains work. But when you plug language into the machinery, classification pops in and pigeon-holes appear everywhere - just so we have a name to call something so we can talk about it.

Your behavior is quite normal. But those who do not behave or experience that way are also normal in their own way. It all comes down to how our individual brains are processing the circumstances and current experiences into a rational behavior pattern.

I am a great deal like you - the change runs deep, but it does not always happen. Sometimes it seems to hit a barrier of some kind and even though I feel a bit of that womanliness it stops way short of the full transformation of my feelings and sense of self. But no matter what path it follows, it always touches that something inside me that says, "You are also, in part, a woman and that is natural to you. Embrace it, enjoy it, live it for the time that it is there." But after a few hours it fades and I return to my more normal blend that is more like Minestrone Soup than a broth that is variously colored as blue or pink and often a just plain somewhat transparent purple. Like someone spilled some grape juice into your chicken broth. It is very different from what most people experience, but there is no rule that we all have to be alike and divided into two distinct groups based on what kind of genitals you have. Personality goes light years beyond the purely biological aspects of reproductive behavior and that is very likely what you are experiencing.

The only change I see when dressed femme is my posture and sitting. As a guy we all sit down knees just naturally splayed open. But put on your femme wears and suddenly your sitting up right. Knees together I can't cross my thighs so I sit ankles crossed. But I don't talk different. I do notice my responses here on the forum are more thought out and softer toned. Does that count? LOL
    If you buy Craftsman tools instead of DeWalt to match your nails. You might be a cross dresser.

For me, once my wig is on, the image in the mirror looks like the image of me in my head
    until then it's some strange man in a dress.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyMira9857 View Post
    Does anyone feel like they go through a psychological transition from male to female when they dress?
    I used to.
    Once upon a time, I had a "him" me and a "her" me. I either dressed all male, or all female. Back then, I found myself acting "girly" when I dressed up, and trying to act "normal" (whatever that is) when I didn't. I was never too good at the "normal" thing and got labelled with terms like "sissy" or "wimp" or other words.

But over time, I somehow learned to merge the two parts of myself into one whole whatever. Nowadays, I'm still myself no matter how I'm dressed.
    Yes, I do move a bit differently when wearing something with a skirt, but that's basic. Flashing my panties isn't a classy thing to do.

Pretty common among CDers.

I was thinking about this while I was out and about in Ptown the other day, and, no. I am pretty much the same person.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My mannerisms definitely soften when I am dressed! My breathing slows down a little bit. I stand straighter. And, like others have mentioned, I sit with my knees touching. That took some practice at first, but now it comes naturally!