Thread: Post #1000 - My Thoughts

Smile Post #1000 - My Thoughts

Wow...look at that...1000 posts...I hadn't even noticed! (yeah, right! )

On a humorous note, you could kind of look at it like when your odometer on your car went to just five digits, and when you came around to 100,000 miles it all came back to 00000. A feeling of accomplishment, and yes a milestone. I hope that it doesn't mean, like when I hit that number on my old '64 Corvair its best days were in the rear view mirror.

Seriously, I'm very aware of it and feeling quite upbeat about it. As you may know, I have not been actively CDing for a very long time, really just starting in the summer of 2021. As a late bloomer, I was fortunate not to feel the guilt or shame many have as kids or teenagers, but I still felt very much alone and frightened at what it might mean for the future. Though I like to imagine myself as an independent self-reliant person, I knew that would not work in this situation - I needed a support group. Again I was lucky, I found this group. Here I was not alone at all, but instead supported by a group to whom I could ask questions and not feel judged, have discussions and express ideas freely, and become part of something beyond myself with all the affirmation that brings. CD. com became part of my overall crossdressing experience. I became familiar with many acquaintances, virtual friends and eventually real friends whose words and opinions I valued greatly and looked forward to hearing from on a daily basis. In short, I became a very well adjusted and happy CDer, and pleased to be part of that community.

It's been just a little less than ten months time - that's a lot of posting. Thank you all for your patience, especially in the early go. I've got to say I still feel very much like a noob as compared to some. Still so much to learn, so many experiences to be had, but such a great group to learn from and experience with. I thank you all, and I intend to stick around as long as I can.

Warmly,
    Kris Burton
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 05-25-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Congratulations Kris.

I have only been on here for 3 months and a little lurking prior, but am at a much lower posting rate. Though I literally try to keep up with every post (I use the What's New button the most), I don't respond or post as often as reading. I also enjoy the archives and the search feature. There is such a wealth of information here!

Anyway, I associate you with the board and always having a kind response and reasonable opinions/feedback. Thanks for all your posts!

Here's to the next 1K posts, and the next, etc.

Wow Kris I would have thought you were an OG around here. What a milestone to reach. Here's to the next thousand.

Platinum Member
    You'll be surprised how fast the next 1,000 will come. BTW, my Corolla keeps on going. No reset at 100,000. Reads 185,000 now. Although sometimes I would not mind being reset.

Congrats on #1,000, that is a nice milestone
    Crissy

Congrats,

That is a lot of posts for such a short span of time! At my rate it will take me years, lol.

Jess??. 😊
    What you cannot imagine, you cannot discover!

I agree with you Kris, this is a wonderful, comfortable place in which to share our crossdressing experiences. Before you know it you'll be discussing your 2,00th post!

BTW, I like your new photo. Very pretty.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Congratulations Kris! Like you, CDing came to me last summer. I started searching for a community last fall, and this site stood out right away. Many of your thoughtful post were part of that. You are always insightful and kind! I look forward to your next 1000 posts!

Kris, Congratulations on a thousand posts.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congratulations, and thank-you for joining the forum. It has been wonderful meeting you and watching you blossom. That's only the 1st thousand (which took you about 8 years less than it took me) and lots of new experiences to come.

Kris,

Congratulations...enjoy reading your posts, one classy lady...

Davina

Congrats on post 1000

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Wow & Congrats Kirs

It took me almost 10 years to get there.

I have enjoyed having you here, and you have come a long way since then for sure.

Here's to the next 1,000

Platinum Member
    Its crazy how a few posts a day will count up.

Congratulations. Nice account of how fast you have moved in just 10 months. Might be some kind of record. Of course, we all move at our own pace. It is interesting that you seem to have followed a fairly direct path rather than the wandering off on side trips that end up finding ourselves in a box canyon we have to back out of. I wonder if your embracing the group support so firmly helped you to travel along with fewer of the errors and traps most of us who began as youngsters managed to survive. Support, good judgement, and good choices help.

Wow - very prolific poster here! Congratulations on 1K!!

It took me quite a while to get to that level. Been posting a bit more often this year though.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Congratulations on reaching your 1000 post Kris.

Kris congratulations. I have also recently reached 1000posts, although in my case its been over 10 years!!!! Still who's counting?

Congrats on the 1000 and hopefully there will be many more thousands to come.

Wow , congrats , I’ve been here over 5 years and only have 844 posts, well, 845 now. But seriously I admire people who find it easier to compose replies than me and can so thoughtfully contribute regularly to this forum. There are lots of times I want to comment but the words just aren’t forthcoming.

Thank you one and all for your congratulatory wishes. It feels great to hear from you, always!
    I'd also like to respond to something Gretchen wrote which struck me about my unique journey.

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    It is interesting that you seem to have followed a fairly direct path rather than the wandering off on side trips that end up finding ourselves in a box canyon we have to back out of. I wonder if your embracing the group support so firmly helped you to travel along with fewer of the errors and traps most of us who began as youngsters managed to survive. Support, good judgement, and good choices help.
    Absolutely an outgrowth of the support and interaction I have had here. My late start had something to do with this also, it was like my femme persona had been percolating within for years, perhaps my entire life. I had an image in mind of what I wanted my persona to be, and "Kris" emerged almost immediately after I began to CD actively. My interactions here validated my choices - and it has been a wonderful ride which continues!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Congratulations Kris . Look forward to reading many more posts . You will reach 2000 in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    Still so much to learn,...
    And still so much to teach, Kris. In such a "short" time, I've found you to be a remarkable voice of reason and it's been appreciated. Thanks so much for your magic thousand; it's been of great value to me and others.