Thread: Post #1000 - My Thoughts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Post #1000 - My Thoughts

Wow...look at that...1000 posts...I hadn't even noticed! (yeah, right! )

On a humorous note, you could kind of look at it like when your odometer on your car went to just five digits, and when you came around to 100,000 miles it all came back to 00000. A feeling of accomplishment, and yes a milestone. I hope that it doesn't mean, like when I hit that number on my old '64 Corvair its best days were in the rear view mirror.

Seriously, I'm very aware of it and feeling quite upbeat about it. As you may know, I have not been actively CDing for a very long time, really just starting in the summer of 2021. As a late bloomer, I was fortunate not to feel the guilt or shame many have as kids or teenagers, but I still felt very much alone and frightened at what it might mean for the future. Though I like to imagine myself as an independent self-reliant person, I knew that would not work in this situation - I needed a support group. Again I was lucky, I found this group. Here I was not alone at all, but instead supported by a group to whom I could ask questions and not feel judged, have discussions and express ideas freely, and become part of something beyond myself with all the affirmation that brings. CD. com became part of my overall crossdressing experience. I became familiar with many acquaintances, virtual friends and eventually real friends whose words and opinions I valued greatly and looked forward to hearing from on a daily basis. In short, I became a very well adjusted and happy CDer, and pleased to be part of that community.

It's been just a little less than ten months time - that's a lot of posting. Thank you all for your patience, especially in the early go. I've got to say I still feel very much like a noob as compared to some. Still so much to learn, so many experiences to be had, but such a great group to learn from and experience with. I thank you all, and I intend to stick around as long as I can.

Warmly,
    Kris Burton
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 05-25-2022 at 12:50 PM.