Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friends w/ Ex?

Please don't get ahead of yourself.

If you dwell on what happens after you split, your mind is already in another place.

Ditto. Your wife needs time to adjust. I don't know how much she emptied her bag during your discussions, so keep the communication going. Her talking about divorce may be just a sign that she feels trapped and is considering all possible options, not that she made up her mind about the outcome. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by britskye View Post
    Pumped,

2 factors largely at play here.
    one, i don't have much of a support system outside of her and my kids and her family
    two, we are best friends. i could see a world where we're still friends just not romantically. this of course means she does want to be around me. if she didn't, this would be over already and we'd be having a different conversation
    That is your side of the relationship. Would she say the same? After all people in marriages that are "best friends" generally don't get divorced. My first wife and I were best friends too, that is why we got married.

I am with the other comments that CD'ing was the straw that broke the camel's back. My bet she has some issues with the relationship already, otherwise the "D" word would not come up so easily.

We were never friends before we got divorced. It turns out that her being beautiful, oversexed and kinky isn't a solid basis for a lasting relationship. Who could have known? But, since we've been divorced, we've been able to be somewhat polite to each other so our relationship has improved 1000%.

Aspiring Member
    the only reasons to be friends with an ex are if you have kids together or sex. and you can coparent without being friends.

While I understand where all her anger and misunderstanding came from, the fact that she was readily willing to commit a felony in blackmailing me during the divorce meant that I would NEVER want to see her again, no matter what the circumstances. For despite her complaint that I wasn't 'the man she thought I was', she certainly wasn't the admirable woman I thought she was, either.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes she and I are friends....I talk and even actually will be going to a drag show together in September. I hope it's assist in your curiosity.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    We all know how valuable it can be to have female friend help us navigate parts of this. Why give up the opportunity to have one that knows you so well? There could easily be a lot of difficulties but if you both understand it's over definitely over no going back, we are adults, it shouldn't have to matter. If you can look at it as a completely new situation kind of like the marriage never existed and just say what does she have to offer me and there's a lot of help she can provide why not? If other thoughts are going to Cloud the issue or get in the way then it might not be such a great idea. I wouldn't jump to any fast conclusions. If there's a benefit and she's willing to help, why not?