My wife is treating me to a Mani-Pedi on Friday as my Father?s Day gift. I have never had my nails done before. I am in DADT, so this came out of nowhere. Recently I have been very conscious of doing little things for her like weeding her garden, doing the grocery shopping, cooking more often and immediately addressing any requests she makes, like hanging a picture or fixing a leak. No reason for that, just to show her how much I love her.

She said she has been so happy with how special I have been making feel that she wanted to do something special for me. She said nail care is essential for any girl, so she is taking me to her nail tech who is also a good friend of ours. She told her I like to dress but she asked her to keep it on the DL. Her tech friend is almost as excited as me, she thinks this will be so fun! She works out of her home so no worries about neighbors walking in.

Friday is nail day. Saturday SHE is going to dress me and do my makeup. She bought me a whole new outfit including shoes but she won?t show it to me until she dresses me. She said if you?re going to do this, you need to do it right, so she said I need to be free of all hair on Saturday morning. Then she is going to do a makeup tutorial for me while she does my makeup. The only decision I need to make is which wig to wear.

I have been close to tears with happiness. I never expected a day like this to come. This is a dream come true and she is full of positivity about this. No snide comments or anything suggesting disapproval. I am counting the seconds until Friday!!!!!!!