Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name the person who has had the most positive impact on your crossdressing journey

The person who had the most positive impact on me would have to be a former girlfriend. She embraced my feminine side wholeheartedly and encouraged me to express myself however I wished to.
    Sadly, there were other issues that broke us apart - but we remained friends. She would always say things like "hello, girlfriend" when we met - even when I wasn't at all in femme mode.
    My wife's "No talking to EX'es" stance put a stop to that.

Second would have to be the therapist I went to, who helped me understand that all of this (and by extension - me) was OK.

Banned Read only
    I'd be better responding to a thread entitled "Name the person who has had the most negative impact on your crossdressing journey." Anyway, my answer is the collective "you" of this site. As many of us who grew up in the 1950's and 1960's and beyond, I thought I was "defective." To realize I am not alone in this world is life altering.

It certainly wasn’t my wife who still asks why I buy so much Women's clothing. “Don’t they make something in MENS that would work for you?”

Anyway I joined this site so so long ago and all those women helped me so much when I was just coming to terms with my transgenderism. They are all pretty much gone now, with the exception of Karren Hutton. She shaped my thinking with her trademark sarcasm and wit. I wouldn’t be the girl I am today without her comments through the years.
    Thank you Karren.

I really couldn't name just one, but my contact with all of them was in this forum. As I searched my way through this 'peculiar pastime,' there was always someone with the right help at the right time; be it a needed compliment or constructive critique, or a refreshing perspective, I always could find it among my friends here. Thank-you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    It certainly wasn?t my wife who still asks why I buy so much Women's clothing. ?Don?t they make something in MENS that would work for you??
    OMG, this had me laughing so much. Thanks!
    Crissy

My friend Margaret. Her and I always had a good relationship. I used to call her my work wife. We both worked the same shift, but the thing was we were in different states. Towards the end of summer 2020 I had come out to a few people. She was the first person I told. I was super nervous, but she was cool with it. She knows that lately I've been battling depression hard. And I told her that I do use crossdressing as a coping skill. So when she knows I'm depressed or not doing well she tells me to dress. Even when I don't feel up to it, she encourages me to do it to help me out. She's even suggested a few outfits and dresses for me.