Thread: Slowly opening up the conversation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Slowly opening up the conversation

My wife and I left home this morning on a week's trip out of state to meet for the 1st time our now 5 month old great grandson. We stopped tonight and will continue driving tomorrow to reach our destination. After we checked into the motel, we went to dinner, gassed up the car, and went to Walmart. My wife needed to buy some white socks to wear with her golf shoes. This Walmart was laid out differently than the ones we're used to shopping at. As we're looking for the women's department I spot a rack with socks. I pointed it out to her at which time she simultaneously said, "Women's Intimates" as she saw the signage. We walked over there. While she was looking on some other display, I found the socks she wanted and called her over. She came over, chose the package she wanted and we started walking. Before we left the women's apparel section, I said, "That's not very fair." She asked, "What?" I told her, in a joking manner, I didn't think it was fair for her to bring me into the ladies clothing section without letting me buy anything. She said I was right that she wasn't buying anything while she was with me.

When we got to the motel room, I pursued the conversation just a bit more. She told me that although she's not a fan of me dressing, she believes she's done very well at putting up with it. My response was very direct. I told her that from what I have read on this forum, the reactions of wives/SO ranges everywhere for total acceptance/support/participation to divorce. I thought she was likely more accepting than 75% of the wives I've read about here. I then told her I was forever grateful that she hasn't put up a battle about it. It was a nice, albeit brief, conversation.

Then, as she was unpacking her overnight bag to take out her clothes for tomorrow, she quipped, "Damn, I forgot to put underwear in here. It's all in my suitcase." We leave our suitcases in the car overnight and just take small overnight cases into motels with us. My reply was simple. "If you'd like, you can borrow a pair of mine. I've got plenty in my case." She declined.

After that little exchange, she changed into her nightwear and laid on the bed to watch TV. I then changed into my bralette (with inserts), nightie, and stockings. Then I went over to the bed, gave her a kiss, and thanked her for loving me so much. This was a nice way to make talking about my CDing a bit less awkward for her. It's the little things that count and this was one of them.

EDIT: I forgot another important part of the conversation. After she declined borrowing a pair of my panties, she said when I accompany her shopping she's not sure if I'm looking for her or for myself. I told her I wouldn't lie and the fact is I'm looking for her and for myself. She said that's what she figured. Again, I don't believe the content of the conversation was as important as the fact she's talking about my CDing more.
    Last edited by Heather76; 05-31-2022 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Certain topics not allowed
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.