Thread: Week end out for Leslie Mary

Week end out for Leslie Mary

Well, the shooting gig I had planned for tonight folded.
    • I am now going to load the studio stuff for tomorrow's and Sundays photo shoot The portfolio photo gig is being hosted by "Beastie the Road Warrior", a 1970s era ladies wrestler, a personal friend of mine.
    • It is about a 150 mile and 3 hr drive each way.
    • I have three models lined up for it.
    • I have my photo release forms already printed out.
    • I am expecting to shoot between 150 to 250 photos of each model. Some at a small falls location (weather/water permitting), and others in a studio I am setting up in her home.
    • I should be home "very early" Monday morning.
    • Then the fun begins. Sorting, trashing, cropping, etc.
      I normally trash about 50% on the first pass through. The finished package will be from 15 to 25 shots.
      Then put together photo sets on 16GB micro SD cards for each model and mailing them out.
    • I could send them digitally, but the file sizes makes it awkward. Roughly 8 GB to 10 GB per model

I will post an update after I mail out the 16 GB micro SD cards. I am hoping to get some dressing done also and have Beastie take photos of me.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a lot of work! Glad you enjoy it!

Leslie Mary, Looking forward to hearing how things went.
    Crissy

It is. I have been doing photo work since I was nine. Started with the computer back in 1986 when I got my first scanner and a copy of Paint Shop Pro by JASC. Back then I was using a Commodore 64. then in the early 90s I switched to IBM PC based computer. Never liked the Apples. I was writing third party software in alpha numeric machine code. Also learned Cobol, Fortran, Pascel, Ada, C, C+, C++, and Basic. Oh, I also wrote programs in Berklysoftwork's GeoBasic.
    Now I can't even write in HTML.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 06-03-2022 at 08:48 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Sounds like a fun but busy weekend

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Leslie,

Sounds like a full weekend. You are one busy lady for sure. Looking forward to hearing how it goes and maybe seeing some of your pictures.

Hugs & safe travels.
    Jolene

I've heard it said that if you are doing what you love you'll never work a day in your life. It looks like you are doing what you love - so enjoy!

Sounds like a great gig, Leslie. I also do a good deal of photography, but not of people. I specialize in nature photography and landscape stock photography. In the past I have also traveled great distances to capture a particular scene in a particular light. So, I understand your desire to go 150 miles to do a shoot that you really want to do. Have a wonderful time and bring back some good ones. Like you, the editing of what you bring back to find those that meet your standards is also a big job and it is not always easy to be that critical with your own work.

For me photography is a large part of my female-like side. And I have always noticed that I tended to switch to the far more female-like parts of my total identity when composing a photo. The mechanics of setting up and making the actual exposure is handled by the male-like side that is so fixated on the "objective reality" rather than being immersed in the "subjective and emotional" side that is somewhat stereotypically considered the female-like side. Composition is a lot like dressing - you want to make sure everything goes together and creates the feeling you personally feel.

Leslie, Sounds like a great weekend, have fun.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Leslie Mary, I used Paint Shop Pro a LOT back in the 1990's. Did my wedding's invitations with it, among tons of other stuff.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Too bad u live so far away, Leslie Mary. Sherry could use a sympathetic photog like u!

Have a great shoot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well I am home. took almost 400 photos. Now to clean them Mostly cropping. I use the idea I can easily remove excess. Adding in missing detail is a lot harder. Bedtime for me. I wanted to shoot my host's two new pets. an untrained puppy that is teething on everything, and a roster that crows randomly, not just at sunrise.
    Later today I will get to work on the photos.

Add

Good morning (?) all. about recovered from my trip.
    I went to the 71st National Square Dance Convention. Drove up on Thursday.
    That drive was 4 hours and 260 miles with 45 minutes of construction delays.
    Each day I drove from my Howard Johnson hotel to the convention location and back round trip about 10 miles. total of about 50 miles accumulated. On Friday I "under-dressed". That night, there was a bearded "MIAD" on the dance floor. During a break in the music I taped him on a shoulder and told him "You are not alone".
    The Sunday after the convention I started home in the rain. The sun came out so I headed to Cave-In-The Rock, IL. This was pushing myself with the additional 2 hour side trip over to "Cave-In-The-Rock" State park, IL on the Ohio River.
    After the park, I took the "Cave-In-The-Rock" free ferry across the Ohio river crossing into Kentucky then home. made a miss turn and added an addition 30 miles and 45 minutes to my trip total so I drove 330 miles and 6 hr instead of the projected 305 miles and 5 hr and 30 minutes of driving.
    I did visit the cave. it is about a quarter mile of walking up and down stone steps.
    I took the trip to also do some geocaching in a different state. I ran my "finds" count up from 1,125 to 1,146. I found some gas in KY for $4.36 a gallon. topped off the tank. At that point the gauge indicated I had enough gas for another 228 miles. My travel planer indicated that I had just 246 miles to go. If I slowed down I MIGHT have made on what I had in the tank. But I like to run as with the leaders of the pack in the left lane. I wanted to get home. I pulled into my parking spot shortly after true sunset. I dragged myself into the house, read the mail, opened some packages that arrived, and logged in for a jiffy. Then I climbed into my favorite red negligee and into my bed, did some reading to settle my system. fell asleep with my glasses on, a common occurrence with me. When I fall asleep, the position I am in is where I am when I awake. I do not drop my book (tablet), it is in a holder about 10" in front of me.
    Last edited by Di; 08-15-2022 at 01:50 PM. Reason: If no one posts after you just edit your post to continue / it?s in the rules
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Ah, the old photography days, how I miss it. My ex and I had a studio back in the late 80s to 90s. We split in 93 and she kept the studio. She did portraits and I focused on commercial and catalogue photography. Did alot of work for the Alabama Space and Rocket Center and got an ad I shot for them published in Sports Illustrated. I even had duratrans up in the airport for years. Now I consider my dSLR a point and shoot after working with my 4x5. Inch view camera. 😉

For a while I was thinking of getting a 4x5 but it never happened. Now I am just another hobbyist photographer.
    I to came through the ranks of processing film. B&W color, Slides, etc. Using the old press settings too.

Had a photo shoot last Sat (6 Aug). took about 300 photos and processed them all Sunday/Monday.
    Another Atlanta trip coming up this week end. (Aug 12 - 14) Besides having meals out in a city outside of downtown Atlanta proper, we have planned a movie (in a theater). some black jack and/or karaoke (at a private club), and a play in a performing theater.
    Wish more of you would join us at our activities.
    If you are a closet dresser, I will stay with you in our meeting room. Talk or play some games. We can do some things in the meeting room. We even can have food delivered.
    Group photos are sometimes taken, but if you wish not to have a photo take, just say so.
    We regulars, wear a name badge. I am going to suggest, at the Saturday morning meeting, that people who don't want a photo taken, might wear their name badge upside down or something.

As I frequently do, here is the report of My trip for August 2022.
    Add
    Monthly trip for August 2022.
    Luggage was all packed and loaded in the car Thursday night. After reviewing what events were scheduled for Friday, I decided to skip the early morning mad rush to Atlanta, GA.
    Add
    Friday, 12th August 2022
    I was awake by 0700 but rolled over and slept to 0830. Got dressed and entered the automobile. At 10:00 AM, Texted everyone that needed to know, that I was on the road.
    Drove the 4+ hrs. to the hotel. It was supposed to take just 3.5 hours (203 miles 327 KM) to get there but road construction and an accident in Atlanta, GA. lengthened the drive time.
    When I was almost there, I received a text from our leader that they had canceled the Friday lunch and movie, and instead had lunch delivered to the meeting room.
    Our meeting room was on the second floor (elevator was near our rooms) Called up to the room and had them let me in. Up I went with my luggage.
    That evening we loaded our group of five members into two vehicles and drove to dinner at a place near a Small Air Port. When we were given the menu it was very limited. Of the main 12 entries, they started at $24. The most expensive steak was over $54 (Sticker shock set in). Each side (none were listed as part of any meal), were priced separately. A serving of mashed potatoes was $6. Corn on the cob was $10. Non-alcoholic drinks started at $8.00 and went up. Bar drinks were about the same as the non-alcoholic drinks. A glass of water was the only thing free.
    Service was a bit slow. For Friday evening event of Black Jack game and karaoke singing were planned. We canceled out of the 20 minute drive to where a former member runs a Black Jack game (not for real money) at a private club has also has karaoke singing.

Saturday the 13th of Aug, 2022
    I had a free continental breakfast set up by the hotel served cafeteria style.
    Later that morning we had our new comers welcome and group meeting (two new members, we are slowly growing again after the Covid-19 thing).
    For lunch, nine of us went to a grill, bar, and pool hall. After lunch we were going to rent a couple tables and shoot some pool. Their grill was so slow that after an order arrived, the recipient could have easily finished their meal before the next dish arrived. It took over 2 hours for all of us to get fed. I and one other member who both of us had ordered a salad were served last. We went back to the meeting room and shared stories then got ready for dinner and a play. We loaded remainder of our refreshments and snack into a member?s car. Each month our group provides an assortment of snacks and drinks.
    For dinner we had made a reservation for 15 at a diner near the Playhouse. Then eight of use drove to the playhouse to see the show ?Pin Up Girls?.
    I was seated next to two non-CD women.
    It was a delightful presentation. This was their last performance after a month long run (Fridays and Saturdays).
    The show was a review of letters that had been sent home during a war, and a reenactment of the scene that might have been when the letter was written. Then we were told how the letters were saved by recipient after the recipient passed away, then in retrospect, a scene showing how the letter might have been received and the love and emotions around the letters.
    After the intermission, I returned to my seat and the two ladies to the left of me did not return. It was their last night. We returned to the meeting room and had a discussion about the show and all of us thought it was well done. We dispersed and went to our rooms for the night. I packed my luggage and loaded my car.
    Add

Sunday 14 August 2022
    At 0800 I had the free continental breakfast, turned in all the room keys I had collected, and drove home, Half way there I took a one-hour nap at the Valley Head Park.
    Got home took another nap, mowed the yard, another short nap, fixed dinner. ate, watched a bit of TV, and then wrote this report up.
    Last edited by Di; 08-15-2022 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Please edit your posts if no one comments after you / also what does this have to do with cding
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Leslie,
    Sounds like an interesting time. Wish there was something similar here. I miss the photography, Haven't really done much the last 4 years. We have been working on doing Fall photos and such on our farm, but work has had me traveling alot the last 4 years.

Roxie
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.