Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first time out

first time out

How did you dress the first time in public, slacks, dress, top, wig hair style and
    hair color I'm gray haired so I thought gray haired wig womens slacks jeans plain female top womens tennis shoes

First time out was a car ride! I had on: navy colored slacks, a navy top with white flowers, (both female) pantyhose in nude with black loafer flats and of course bra and forms and panties! I had no wig and no make up! That was the first time out! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    That sounds like a pretty good way to start out. My first time out? Darn, its been many years, but I think basically the same thing, a cute top and jeans.

My very first time out, I did not have a wig. That lasted maybe the two hours from leaving my house to getting professionally fitted in a wig at a Houston wig shop. It made a world of difference in my confidence.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 06-08-2022 at 05:59 PM.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    My first time was out to a local record / Book store. Denim skirt, flowery top, 2-3/4" heels, wig, painted nails (fingers and toes), received one comment which was a positive one. It was summer and I was tanned so no hose, but make up and lip stick.

My first time out I wanted to remain as inconspicuous as possible. My hair is gray with a long ponytail but very thin on top. So I wrapped my head in a large kerchief & let the ponytail hang out the back. I wore a mid-calf length billowy denim skirt, a long-sleeve tunic top, sneakers, a necklace, lipstick and ladies sunglasses.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

My first time(s) out we're in a small college town in a much colder climate. I ranged from skirts and dresses with pantyhose and 4 inch heels. Makeup, and a cheap used wig. At first I would wear a parka with the hood pulled up to hide my hair. From there I would go out in broad daylight in makeup and hair. When looked at, I was generally clocked. One woman dropped her mouth open and stared at me with a terrified look on her face. Other times it wasn't as bad. When I moved to a hot summer, cool winter area, it was just as bad depending on my choice of clothes, shoes, wig, and makeup. The more casual I presented, the fewer stares. I soon learned to assume I'd be clocked, and just hope I'd blend well enough to not get prolonged stares. That seemed OK. My neighbors have seen me but none have spoken about it. They just seem friendly and I doubt they really care. I've had a few negative experiences, most I've voiced in other threads. So I won't repeat them here. Now I still love my dresses, skirts, hose, and heels, but also wear women's pants and jeans more. I almost always wear my heels and hose, even in hot weather. My makeup just doesn't last very long in heat. Now that I'm older I've taken more to casual wear, and am learning about gray wigs and how to hide more wrinkles. I've seen tutorials on how to use face tape to pull wrinkles back. Any of you ladies (GG's included) ever try any face tape?

Thanks, Linda

Jennifer,

It depends to some extent on where you want to go out. Are we talking going to the shops, out to eat, or just a walk somewhere?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

First time out alone, something like this.i went to Walmart and Home Depot Screenshot_20220122-154827.jpg
    Last edited by JuliannaS; 06-07-2022 at 07:01 AM.
    Julianna Frances

This was my first time out
    C40E4409-9124-4502-9450-EEFE528FD93C.jpg
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My first time out was at the Maryland Renaissance Faire. I entered the Faire as a boy, but rented a Wench costume. I used a kerchief instead of a wig and my makeup was awful.

But, it was a lot of fun. Mostly, no one gave any indication of noticing. But, several groups of GGs gave me a big smile. I even got one "M'lady".
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-07-2022 at 08:31 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My first time out was in a Navy body con dress, white stockings and heeled sandals. I had an older blonde wig and my best (at the time!) attempt at makeup as well as a set of false nails. It was such an awesome outfit but all I could muster the courage for was to go for a short drive, stepped out and walked about 20-30 yards, got back home and have been trying to recreate that magic ever since!

Now it's as "blendy" as possible, gray wig does go a long way to avoid too close an observation, as well as nice pants and top, wedges and a cardigan. It's so very femme but yet I've been to supermarkets, malls and so many places with barely a second glance at times it made me think I must have forgotten to dress up!

The first time I stepped out of the vehicle I thoroughly over-planned it. But I changed my outfit choice at the last minute. I thought I had the perfect outfit, but when I tried it out it just didn't work. I realized that I wanted to feel really feminine. I ended up with the little black dress, patterned mesh tights and wedges. I got everything I wanted out of the experience. Now, I'm more into casual, more blending -- not that I pass.

Been almost 20 years.... Price Utah....

First timeIn Public.jpg
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Unless you don't care what kind of attention you attract, your "look" should be appropriate for your age and for the venue that you intend to visit. You won't "pass", but you may be able to "blend".
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

boots.jpg

Here's a picture fo what I typically wear when out and about for a day of shopping and lunch

I've not ever been out dressed; so, my thoughts are probably worth nothing. That said, I should think the best way to present for the first time is however you find yourself most comfortable. If I'm ever able to go out dressed (and I believe that opportunity will present itself), I will wear a dress, hosiery, flats, bra, forms, wig, and makeup. I will go out in the evening in a parklike setting where I can either sit on a bench or walk around or both to whatever degree I prefer. I will try not to stand out but hopefully blend enough that I don't draw unwanted attention.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I bet my first time out I looked ridiculous. It takes practice. I am very comfortable going out now. It has been about 2 years in the making.
    I do think I still over dress when I go out. I do not think I should be the best dressed woman out there shopping.

I wore an outfit provided by my then girlfriend, who would become my wife. A red silk tunic top, black pleated skirt and black hose. She accompanied me on a walk around the block. I had my own shoulder length hair and no makeup.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My first time in public was with my wife and we went to a shopping mall far from home.
    I was in tight jeans with a nice blouse and flats. I wore my shoulder length brunette wig and of course full makeup. I felt like everyone was there to watch me until I sat for a few minutes and watched them. That's when I realized that almost no one looked at me. They were all too busy with what they were doing. That's when I relaxed and began to really enjoy the day.
    Last edited by Cheryl T; 06-08-2022 at 10:31 AM.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am not sure I remember, exactly. It was after a makeover from my local hair salon. Green women's suit with tan blouse. Big gold earrings, pearls.
    I bought something small at a drug store...and... then walked around the a large mall for a few minutes. A woman at a salon asked what I wanted, "A haircut?"
    Huh--for a wig?
    I just said, "I wanted to give you something to talk about later this afternoon!"
    LOL!

1st time out was nearly 40 years ago. Went out at night with long coat for a walk. Reached a secluded bridge and slipped on high heels for a bit . Crazy and dangerous idea then and now. Daytime is safer.

Wearing a dress and hosiery, in the park, at night, and you think you'll not stand out?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

My first time outside
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Wearing a dress and hosiery, in the park, at night, and you think you'll not stand out?
    Well, she did say evening and not night. Evenings around here, our parks tend to have lots of people. Thins out as the sun sets.

But yeah, I won't do the dress/skirt and heels crossdressing adventures at night in some secluded location anymore. That's good advice I learned from this thread years back. I did, on occasion, do this in the past, and almost always when it was raining. So, I'm in a park, at night, dressed en femme, carrying an open umbrella due to the rain...by myself. How many women would do that? None. NONE. I don't do that anymore. It's just too dangerous. Now I just have to work up the courage to be in broad daylight with lots of people around.

My first time ended up being a drive only. I wore a white dress, wig, red of course, hose, breast forms, makeup, bra and panties. Just wore some saddles I had. It was late so didn't really get a chance to stop anywhere. A couple of nights later I did go shopping at Walmart. Bought some makeup and food. I was in my khaki skirt, green v neck tee sheer, makeup, wig, breast forms, and thigh high stocking. Had a blast and didn't notice any looks.