Thread: Well, I finally did it. I came out to someone.

Well, I finally did it. I came out to someone.

Actually it was to two people, a couple that I?ve known for over 40 years. Because this was the first time I?ve told anyone about Fiona, I picked them specifically because they are both very open minded, progressive thinkers and knew that my story would be well received. I broke the news to them via phone Friday evening & sent them a photo so they could see Fiona and then visited them on Saturday for a few hours dressed en femme. It went extremely well. They were very accepting and asked a lot of interesting questions which I answered honestly. There was a funny moment when to disprove the lady?s notion that I was just wearing a padded bra I took out one of my forms to prove otherwise. They were highly impressed.

It was a very liberating experience. I plan to tell a female acquaintance about Fiona next week and after that there may be another 3 or 4 friends or acquaintances at some point in the future.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

So happy it went well Fiona. This is something that I don?t ever foresee happening for Joss, but I?m good with that.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Nice going Fiona, glad it went well for you.

Sandi

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    I'm so happy for you, Fiona! I know that's big step. I remember coming out as a CD to my best GG friend and although I was very nervous about it, she was very accepting of it as well. I would not have told her had she and I not already been best friends. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Well done Fiona

Fantastic Fiona and very brave of you.

Platinum Member
    I am glad this first revelation has gone well for you!

Fiona, Really no one knows about my dressing e except my wife and I intend to keep it that way. But if you need that support from friends, I'm glad you had someone to reveal this too.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Just another 'Gurl'
    Congrats Fiona. That is a huge step you have just taken.
    Just another man in a dress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I tell people on a "need to know" basis.

R u planning on coming out, Fiona? Otherwise, why is telling all these folks so important?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Telling and let the big world know is all very well providing you are prepared for this to go beyond your friends. Doc was right only tell when you need to, I had nothing to lose or very little as it turned out when I told all of my friends it was because I had come to the decision to go 24/7 dressed, I lost some friends along the way, one couple were a bit remote with me because they did not fully understand but when a close member of ther family transitioned it all came together and this couple are now back as the friends they were before; i must caution the need to teel, nobody knows when and where it will end, But having said that if it works out for you good luck and run with it.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Jamie, Bobbi, docrobbysherry,

Just so you know I have no plans to fully come out and dress 24/7. And as I said in my original post I have a few other acquaintances I may come out to in the future. In reality that will probably never happen but it's nice to know they are there if I want to or need to tell them for some reason. So my confidants will be restricted to 3 people - the couple I talked about previously and the lady I'm telling next week. My reasoning for doing this is somewhat unique and I'll discuss it briefly.

My lovely wife passed away a number of months ago. We were together for 42 years and we were very close. I cannot put into words how much I miss her. I was her caregiver for years as she slowly became disabled and unable to do much for herself.

The couple I referenced in my original post were my wife's brother & his wife and the lady I'm telling next week is my bereavement counselor who I've known for about 10 years. Besides talking to the bereavement counselor, participating in a support group & depending on friends for support, it turns out that crossdressing & going out in public en femme has become another part of the way I am coping with the grief. It is a pleasurable activity that helps lessen the stress. I want these 3 people to know that CDing is helping me and that I will ultimately get through all this okay. They were all concerned because I was having a very tough time. All 3 people are rock-solid, stand-up individuals and will never tell anyone.

My wife was a very open-minded, progressive thinker and would have supported my CDing but I never told her. There are a number of very good personal reasons why I did not want to subject her to the stress and added complexity of having a CDing husband, some of which centered on her health. I am certain I made the right choice and her brother & his wife agreed with me after I explained my reasoning.

I have been an in-the-closet CDer all my life and I can tell you it felt so good to finally tell someone. However, I would give all this up in a heartbeat if I could have my wife back with me again.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow, Fiona, good for u! I'm glad u find going out dressed relaxing!

Altho I go out dressed all the time? It's NEVER to vanilla venues because I find that to be incredibly stressful!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Fiona, only you know how to best deal with the loss of your wife. If dressing is a part of that healing, it makes perfect sense to let those who have been your support group during this difficult time know what is helping you thru the process. You obviously know them quite well and they obviously know what you have been dealing with. I applaud you for trusting these people and having the nerve to come out to them. I envy you that you have people you know will honor your secret and are fine with it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Fiona,

So sorry for your loss. I can imagine the void that is present within your being. Do what makes your life more pleasant at this time. You are extremely brave and courageous. I have no problem with going out and interacting with strangers but coming out to people I know maybe very hard!

Jess
    What you cannot imagine, you cannot discover!

I envy your courage. I know that someday I will also dare.