Thread: It must be the adrenaline

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It must be the adrenaline

I enjoyed my last trip out so much that I just had to do it again. I think it must be the adrenaline. So I got ready in advance (legs, arms, nail polish) for an early morning jaunt. I like the tranquillity of the morning, when so few people are around, even in the centre of town. It gives me time to settle my nerves. There was a storm the night before so it was kind of a damp morning but not cold. I was going to put on a black dress and my pink jacket. But at the last minute, I decided I'd go for my slinky bodycon dress. It certainly took a bit more courage than normal to leave my flat feeling so vulnerable with bare legs, arms and shoulders. But it does feel lovely. And I would have boiled in a jacket anyway. As always I forgot something: this time, perfume and rings.

The dress rides up at the bottom due to the slipperiness of the hip pads and also down at the top. It therefore needs an occasional hoik in both directions. Which means that both padding and bra can be seen from time to time. But I like the effect, as you can see in the pictures. I also put on a brunette wig for the first time.

There was only one untoward event: a yob banged on the Strassenbahn door and mouthed kisses at me as it was moving off! But he left it until after the doors had already locked, perhaps to be sure I didn't get back off! Anyway, I was soon wandering around wherever the fancy took me on this lovely cool morning.

Returning by a different route, I got off early to take a coffee in a pavement caf?. The waiter was most polite and asked if needed an ashtray. I noticed they had rainbow flags pasted to the tables, so I guess I was in the right place. The trams themselves are flying rainbow flags this week as well on account of Vienna Pride week.

Then I decided to pick up a couple of croissants. I could tell as soon as I entered the bakery that one particular girl was dying to serve me. She smiled multiple times, as did I, in an, it's obvious you're a man but I approve, kind of way. I wish I'd said something to her now (other than my order of course).

Finally, with the sun really starting to warm the day, I sat down in a quiet cornet to eat one of the croissants. One nice lady said good morning. And I heard another telling her little girl that I was a man in a dress. So I'm not fooling anybody 😊 But I had fun.

IMG_20220606_054302_copy_2137x961.jpg
    bbb.jpg
    eee.jpgccc.jpg
    ddd.jpg

Haha nice outing Mini. And yes I get the adrenaline thing, but it always settles down once you get into friendly conversations. One thing I have learned is to always be ready to look for something to compliment about your waitress whether it is hair or nails , even eyelashes. I mean I am honest about it, and it is a super easy way to break the ice over the fact you are a man in a dress and opens up the dialogue quickly.

Glad you had some fun.

Sandi

Yeah, that would have been a good idea. I was wracking my brains for the right thing to say. But before I knew it, she was done!

Nice time!! Gives you the "get up and go" to go out some more
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Yes, I enjoyed it Bobbi. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can I suppose. Thank you

Thanks Jolene. I have the double disadvantage that my German is a bit rubbish. And it isn't easy to quip if you get your words wrong.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Sounds like a great time overall. Good on you.
    Just another man in a dress

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    You look great, love the dress. Sounds like a wonderful day out & about. I've missed opportunities to have conversations before too because I was to nervous and didn't know how to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniRock View Post
    I could tell as soon as I entered the bakery that one particular girl was dying to serve me. She smiled multiple times, as did I, in an, it's obvious you're a man but I approve, kind of way. I wish I'd said something to her now (other than my order of course).

One nice lady said good morning. And I heard another telling her little girl that I was a man in a dress. So I'm not fooling anybody �� But I had fun.
    There is no need to fool anyone. It would appear one person enjoyed engaging you even though she apparently knew you were a man in a dress. The one telling her daughter you were a man wearing women's clothes may have been educating her daughter rather than belittling you. And another greeted you. Sounds like a good time out to me.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Sounds like a great morning. Lovely pictures.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great dress, nice pictures.

It's Pride month. I'd suggest another outing, but one in the middle of the day instead of the crack of dawn. People really don't care, you don't need to hide, and you want the adreneline rush of going out anyway. Just expand your comfort zone a bit.

My philosophy is, yes, I may be a man in a dress, but they don't know it's ME in the dress, and I just want to make sure it's a pretty dress.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

"Out of the mouths of babes"; kids asking is something I've experienced twice and don't you love them for it? I think it adds to the whole experience. I can still remember being asked by a very bemused, puzzled looking 10 year old, "Are you a man". I answered honestly and that seemed to satisfy him.

Most of us don't pass but that shouldn't as you've demonstrated stop us going about our daily lives. For every bad encounter there's dozens of good ones. Learn from the bad, remember the good.

Good for you mini rock. Sounds like you had a great buzz and experience.

You make the dress look really pretty!

Mini love the dress a perfect outfit for your walk.

Thanks Kitty Sue. Yes, it was nice.

Hi Heather, yes, I don't think the woman was being pejorative. As Helen said, children see things for what they are. Although I didn't hear the child ask her mother anything actually.

Thanks for the compliment Jamie. I've stopped worrying about posting shots of my face because, frankly, as Dee says, I think the likelihood of being recognised with a wig and makeup is remote. And that does make for better pictures, which make for a better post.

Maybe I'll do as you suggest Dee. It's the big 🌈 parade on Saturday, so maybe then would be a good opportunity, probably in the same outfit as it seems to be a hit and it's certainly no half-way house between male and female attire. I've never been to the parade, even in drab, so I don't know whether it attracts many cross dressers. I have the feeling that LGBT...alphabet might be primarily focused on the G. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Thanks also Debbie, Kelli and Connie. I do like the dress. But I feel highly conspicuous in it. Which I guess is partly the point. But the further I get from home, the more it feels like swimming out of my depth, or flying solo. There's no possibility of just stopping; if one has had enough; one has to get home first. Which, of course, adds to the rush. Do you other ladies get that feeling as well?

Mini

Hi Mini,
    Sounds like a beautiful day, congratulations on the outing. You rock that dress girl.
    Brenda

Hi Brenda,
    Thank you, yes it was fun. I think this dress is my current favourite.
    Mini

You know what you want to do, you have the outfit picked out, it's Pride, so go to the parade, and come back here and tell us all about it, with pictures, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    so go to the parade, and come back here and tell us all about it, with pictures, of course.
    I don't seem to have much choice...

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Well I did it. Right now, the day is drawing to a close and I'm in a restaurant round the corner from my flat, waiting for my dinner to arrive while my feet quietly throb (or not so quietly from my perspective). The waitress knows me because I used to stop by for a beer on my way home, back when I worked in Vienna. She's also seen me with my partner and with my two pet hairdressers. But she's never seen me in a sexy frock before. She never batted an eyelid when I came in and has been her usual indulgent self, letting me speak Deutsch without, like many Austrians, assuming they need to speak English because I'm a feeble monolingual Brit (I was that to begin with of course).

Anyway, I have some photos, but I don't have time to post them now.

Excellent! Aren’t you glad you did?...

...except for the aching feet part?